UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

I can't say I've read every post about DST Battle Beasts on the Littlerubberguys forum but I've read most & I hadn't noticed the level of venom against Minimates that is implied in the posts here .....maybe I'm wrong.... it sometimes happens.

I only read three negative posts over there before I had enough. They used their three anti-minimate strikes :verymad:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that forum makes me want to puke. I have never met anyone who is anti minimates in all of my toy collecting conversations. Even those that don't collect them at least think they're cool. A small part of me makes me want DST to ruin the line BB line just to make those dudes all pissy, luckily a larger part of me wants to see these things blow up because man this ram is awesome.

I guess the internet standards "haters gonna hate" is just true.

I don't get it frankly. Why waste energy hating and being negative about something? What do they want, the same exact thing we had before? I really like the original BB, but, they're an old toy, and needed an update. I've heard a great deal of confusing attitudes from people. Like, they're excited, and mad, and just all over. It doesn't make sense to me, to just be in love with a brand name. I like animal warrior looking guys. I love the papo mutants for example. These minimate battle beasts are more animal warriors. Just because they're called BB doesn't mean I have to love them, or for that matter hate them. It's just a name. I'm getting tired of people and their brand loyalty and then their hate for the competitor. Like what you like, no need to go around hating the other option. It's sickening and disgusting, just like pepsi.

Even then, takara is making new battle beasts too. BB fans have two options coming their way. It's like, the greatest time to be a BB fan since they were first released. They really have nothing to complain about.

Has anyone compiled a list of new Battle Beasts coming? So far we have:

Ram (Vorin)

Scorpion

Tarantula with multiple legs (four?)

Cobra with no legs

Dragonfly

Walrus (Gruntos?)

I'm really stoked for these. I need to get back to work on my custom for the contest.

The falcon control art wasn't shown at C2E2, but I can't wait for everyone to see the tarantula and scorpion. Mostly because I'm curious to see if members are happy with the amount of sculpting.

Agreed. I guess I've never cared whether or not there are large amounts of sculpted parts on Minimates, but I see the BB line to be a lot like Ghostbusters was. There's just a lot of characters that can only be done by altering the basic Minimate body, but the end result is amazing. Of course, I recognized some GB parts being reused, so it was an easy conclusion to come to. I think you'll all be amazed. And I think those that have a problem with them will be the people that would find any reason they could not to like them regardless of what they say.

While I am a huge complainer champion of vinilla-mates, I see Battle Beasts as a new creature entirely, they almost doesn't allow Minimates to factor in.

That being said, I seriously don't want to see another line like this.

I don't get it frankly. Why waste energy hating and being negative about something?

Obviously, you haven't been around for any of the Shockini bashing around here, have you?

No...but if it's people being negative and bashing something, I still don't get it.

I don't get it frankly. Why waste energy hating and being negative about something?

Obviously, you haven't been around for any of the Shockini bashing around here, have you?

No...but if it's people being negative and bashing something, I still don't get it.

It's no so much a complaint against the toys, but rather the management.

Gotta say, I LOVE the style of these. They remind me of the Seventh Kingdom figures by 4 Horsemen which is awesome because those are some of the best action figures on the market.

BINGO! Thank you, Punisher, for nailing something that's been niggling me since I saw pics of Vorin. These guys will be like collecting affordable 7th Kingdom! Yay!

I think there is some sort of Minimate exclusive/incentive with the IDW comic coming in July...

http://www.dcbservice.com/category.aspx?id=37

BATTLE BEASTS #1 (OF 4) 25 COPY MINIMATE INCV Order Code - MAY120358

Looks like the comic store gets 1 for every 25 copies of the comic they order. DCBS has it listed at $12. Can't find any more info on it yet though. May be worth checking at your local comic store.

1336411744[/url]' post='224509']

I think there is some sort of Minimate exclusive/incentive with the IDW comic coming in July...

http://www.dcbservic...gory.aspx?id=37

BATTLE BEASTS #1 (OF 4) 25 COPY MINIMATE INCV Order Code - MAY120358

Looks like the comic store gets 1 for every 25 copies of the comic they order. DCBS has it listed at $12. Can't find any more info on it yet though. May be worth checking at your local comic store.

This definitely intrigues me...