UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Hey guys,

It's been a little bit of time since I have last posted some custom Battle Beasts. However, that doesn't mean I haven't been hard at work with them. Whenever I have had some free time, I have been working on a handful of figures. I just finished up two of them, and wanted to post them to see what you thought about them.

The first one that I did is of Vorin's father. Ever since I read the ashcan comic 2 years ago after C2E2, I was fascinated by the mythology of Vorin's father when Vorin is talking about their training when he was younger. I had decided that I wanted to make a custom of Vorin's father, however at the time, I was just thinking about making a slightly older Vorin with slight modifications to the armor. Then, I read the full comic, with the reveal of Vorin's father on the last page, and I knew I had to make him. It took a little bit of time to get the all the right parts that would work, and he also needed quite a bit of sculpting to make him look less like Vorin or a kitbash, and more like Vorin's father. I sculpted the fur on the cape, the extra fur and hair, and armor faceplate for his head.

(I do know that he is supposed to also have a unicorn horn in his dread weapon armor. I sculpted the unicorn horn on, but once his head was finished, I hated the horn. So I cut it off. At that point, I exercised a bit of artistic license. )

I don't remember ever seeing a name for him. A lot of times, it helps me paint a figure if I create a name for him. Makes the character a bit more personal. So I named him Asvid. I don't know what his official name is, maybe Zach knows.

I also continued my theme of Western inspired Battle Beast customs. This time, I did a gun wielding western take on the Scorpion, which I have named Brocius.

Anyways, here are the figures. Let me know what you think.

Original image of Vorin's Father from the comic:

IMG_1146_zpsbe494ec2.jpg

Asvid:

FatherFull2_zps32aae4a6.jpg

FatherNikonMedium_zpsb4b9d480.jpg

FatherNikonCloseUp3_zps0315ed03.jpg

FatherNikonRear2_zps6ba7316c.jpg

FatherNikonFullRight1_zps0b3bb572.jpg

Brocius:

ScorpionNikonFull_zps2b543dcf.jpg

a2bc436e-7096-420d-923a-b2536653fb04_zps

ScorpionFullFront_zpsbc410296.jpg

ScorpionNikonRear_zpsaf2afab1.jpg

ScorpionRight_zpsb1f887a0.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a lone Merk/Spidron set at TRU. With this whole super clearance thing, it was still $6.50. While they're good figures, perhaps when $1 off is considered a deep markdown might be a clue as to why the line didn't do great in my area.

I still think there should have been a card game of some kind. The toys could have come with special cards.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the black and gold gators so I've got silver and red left to find. Is the red one hard to find only coming from the carry case?

I will probably go after the various Vorins and Merks as well.

I've got the black and gold gators so I've got silver and red left to find. Is the red one hard to find only coming from the carry case?

I will probably go after the various Vorins and Merks as well.

As of now, all the gators are pretty hard to come by. Red probably being the easiest. Silver the hardest and gold and black falling somewhere in between. I waited forever to find a Silver and probably the most I've paid for a single minimate as well.

Good luck on your hunt! They are some of my favorite mates! :)

Interesting, is it because they produced less of the silver one?

From and ebay search today I didn't see any gators at all which is too bad. Still hunting for Antalor as well, might as well look for the holy grail.

Nobody outside of DST ever really knows how many promos get released but the Silver has always been difficult , it was the first & it was also that most-hated of all promos.....the retailer promo . dry.png

The Red was perhaps the 'Most-blatantly-ignored-future-classic-that-was-there-for-all-to-see' Minimate ever made.

I would still like a Yellow if it's hiding in a drawer anywhere ....hint....hint.

I would still like a Yellow if it's hiding in a drawer anywhere ....hint....hint.

Probably a few ended up in San Diego trash bins about 11 years ago...

My PM box started to glow after the Yellow remark .......my gracious thanks to those who contacted me but I'm talking Yelo not Gold .

post-638-0-12549600-1399586127_thumb.png

.....& it seems that something is preventing me from showing the Playset bugger dry.png

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 4 weeks later...

I got the retailer incentive Stealth Vorin in the mail today, he is very nice.

Due to an issue on what eBay says is the sellers end I have yet to get purple Merk.

Also what would you guess is a fair price for this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Minimates-SDCC-Exclusives-Battle-Beasts-Crocodiles-Alligators-/121349603930?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item1c4100025a

$70 shipped. I would say thats pretty high. However if I was in the market for the gators....I wouldn't necessarily have a problem paying $55 shipped for them both. that may still be high to some, especially for the black and red. but If you want them, $25 a piece aint so bad. I'd make an offer for like $40 so then it comes out to $55 with shipping.

Edited by Ninja Mate