UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is definitely an imitation rattle. He was captured by a rattlesnake clan when he was a child, during a raid on his village, and he was raised among them. His new master, seeing how he was taunted by the young rattlesnakes, took pity on him and gave him an artificial rattle, which gave him the confidence to stand up to rattlers twice his size. He was trained to fight in the arenas, and the combination of the rattle and his hood made him twice as fearsome to his opponents.

It is definitely an imitation rattle. He was captured by a rattlesnake clan when he was a child, during a raid on his village, and he was raised among them. His new master, seeing how he was taunted by the young rattlesnakes, took pity on him and gave him an artificial rattle, which gave him the confidence to stand up to rattlers twice his size. He was trained to fight in the arenas, and the combination of the rattle and his hood made him twice as fearsome to his opponents.

Is that going to be his official backstory? I like it. I planned on him taking command of my rattle snakes, and perhaps this was his motivation for fighting to gain that control over the other snakes.

Does anybody remember if the Hammerhead shark guy has a dorsal fun on his back? I can't find a picture anywhere.

Looks like it:

00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000C5A_zps

No one was ever supposed to see that shot, because I'm pretty sure I asked people not to take pictures.

Is that going to be his official backstory? I like it. I planned on him taking command of my rattle snakes, and perhaps this was his motivation for fighting to gain that control over the other snakes.

I will be writing the bios for these at some point, as well as naming them, so why not.

No one was ever supposed to see that shot, because I'm pretty sure I asked people not to take pictures.

Sorry, Zach. I pretty sure that was either posted here or linked to from here a while ago. I didn't take the picture, I just saved it.

Sorry, Zach. I pretty sure that was either posted here or linked to from here a while ago. I didn't take the picture, I just saved it.

I have that slide photo saved too, it's from last year's SDCC, when those BB prototypes were also on open display at the booth. Just took a quick look at the site that posted it, and their article says they were only asked not to photograph the Pulp Fiction and Sin City slides. But if they got the wrong end of the stick, there are some photos of the shark's fin earlier in the thread.

I didn't make it to the C2E2 panel in time for the slide show! :( I got the personal slides how at the anniversary display. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

The TRU Beasts sold well, there just weren't a lot of them, as TRU didn't order the line in large quantities. And those two likely sold better than the others, due to their exclusivity and lack of specialty counterparts. We'll get a new bat soon, not sure if we'll revisit the moose.

The 2010 Gators weren't all made in the same numbers, I don't think.

If we revisit that pesky moose, I suggest he comes with a squirrel.

I immediately thought this after reading Zach's comments too. Seconded!