UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

I just realized that these were based off the Battle Beasts toys from the 80's/90's (not exactly sure when the originals came out). I had a few but I never knew what they were called, haha. With that said, I'm not a fan of these Minimates. I think they strayed too far from the originals (they don't really look uniform enough to me) and the lack of bright colors makes them kinda bland to me. They appear to be selling very well though so that's good.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today was the day that my local TRU gets their truck, and yet again it was another day that they did NOT get Battle Beast Minimates.

I am getting so upset with TRU and how their stock gets distributed. They got nothing new in the form of Minimates (no TWD, no Marvel).

I don't understand how strores all around my location are getting them but yet the Bloomington/Normal, IL store is not getting them.

This is really upsetting me and I am at my wits end, because the only real set I am wanting are the Moose/Bat set. I have access to all the other characters but not the Moose and Bat. I am hoping that I will have my hands on them by my birthday in March.

Just venting......thanx.

Here's a quick Battle Beast custom that I did. I had been wanting to make a minimate battle beast using the marvel rhino head for a while, and I had an extra gruntos after getting a third snake. So i put them together, and felt that it was actually working rather well, despite the colors. I wanted this figure to look more like a production BB minimate, so I didn't do any highlighting or other weathering details to the paint job, and instead kept it to a simple color scheme with solid colors. He actually displays really nicely now next to the rest of the BB minimates.

IMG_0034_zps7835e615.jpg

IMG_0036_zps51c71e59.jpg

I just realized that these were based off the Battle Beasts toys from the 80's/90's (not exactly sure when the originals came out). I had a few but I never knew what they were called, haha. With that said, I'm not a fan of these Minimates. I think they strayed too far from the originals (they don't really look uniform enough to me) and the lack of bright colors makes them kinda bland to me. They appear to be selling very well though so that's good.

The original Battle Beasts came out in the mid-'80s.

These are not based on the original Battle Beasts. At all. They're based on an original comic series published by IDW.

Hope that positively affects your appreciation of them.

These are not based on the original Battle Beasts. At all. They're based on an original comic series published by IDW.

So are the original toys and this comic series completely different? Like not even related at all or was the comic based off of the toys?

DST registered the name Battle Beasts, after the original trademark had lapsed. Other then the name, the two lines are totally different and not related. There's a line of Japanese toys called Beast Saga that are more in the tradition of the original BBs.

I'm told* that my " delivery from TRU.com has packs labelled 'Vorin/Vachonus' & 'Vorin /Scorpus' " That's all I know so I'm not sure whether this is a packaging labelling problem or there are LCS items mixed in with TRU.com . Very odd.

US buddy ! thumbsup.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

I thought of that but TBH what has arrived is what I'll be getting ( in due course ) whichever way I look at it . When they do arrive I'll either have more LCS versions or some pretty unique TRU exclusives tongue.png I'll let you know in due course & for the record I believe it is only some of them that are wrong .

So are the original toys and this comic series completely different? Like not even related at all or was the comic based off of the toys?

This new IDW comic series is based off of our take on the name Battle Beasts -- alien animals arriving on Earth -- and it was developed in parallel and partnership with the new toys. The original toy line was not an inspiration for either one. That said, the story of a race of alien warrior animals fighting amongst themselves is pretty universal. But, depending on how you feel about Earth, our new story may not be your cup of tea. (I like it here.)

Here's a quick Battle Beast custom that I did. I had been wanting to make a minimate battle beast using the marvel rhino head for a while, and I had an extra gruntos after getting a third snake. So i put them together, and felt that it was actually working rather well, despite the colors. I wanted this figure to look more like a production BB minimate, so I didn't do any highlighting or other weathering details to the paint job, and instead kept it to a simple color scheme with solid colors. He actually displays really nicely now next to the rest of the BB minimates.

I could not get this Rhino picture to load on my phone over the weekend, but this is the coolest thing ever. Bravo, sir.

Has anyone made a custom Bushmaster of the Serpent Society using Scalpus yet?

First thing i did was cobble one together. Gotta cut the claws off a spare wolverine hands, add a lil paint, and find the right head. placeholder head is the sniper from M.A.X. four pack.

I still have not had any Battle Beast Minimates arrive in Bloomington, IL. I am getting very upset. All I want is the Bat & Moose set. I just like those two figures and that is all I want from the line except I got the snake from Luke.

I am hoping that by the time the Star Trek Mates come out that TRU will get them in a better manner than they are getting the Battle Beasts.

I found an extra Bat/Moose if anyone needs it.

I still have not had any Battle Beast Minimates arrive in Bloomington, IL. I am getting very upset. All I want is the Bat & Moose set. I just like those two figures and that is all I want from the line except I got the snake from Luke.

Sounds like you two need to get together and go bowling.

Just picked these up today! Love them! What a great concept and execution! Glad to hear they are selling well! I only have one problem, my TRU Gruntos has two left feet! Is this something DST customer service can help me with or am I out of luck? I don't feel like taking it back. Thanks!

For what it's worth, I've visited three TRUs this last weekend and none had Battle Beasts any more. From the sellout of the two sets on-line, stores selling stock fairly well and all the mostly positive reception from people who were looking forward to these and those that weren't (and picked them up anyways), is it safe to expect a second series (at least at TRU)?

Just picked these up today! Love them! What a great concept and execution! Glad to hear they are selling well! I only have one problem, my TRU Gruntos has two left feet! Is this something DST customer service can help me with or am I out of luck? I don't feel like taking it back. Thanks!

DST should be able to help, I had a similar problem with a Shane from Walking Dead having two of the same arm and they sent me a new set of arms