UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am not on here as much anymore *darn monster trucks* anyways I hate to spam in a way but just wanted to let ya guys know I updated my sales thread and pretty much cut my prices in half on what I had left and selling it at a loss. No sense it to sit on a shelf no longer loved when it can be in someone else's hands and the money can then be spent on my boy and some awesome stuff for him. http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=11820&page=4#entry260112

Now that I have had these in my hand for over a week, and I have been able to mess around with them a bunch, I have been enjoying them more and more. I was especially excited to pick up the snake so that I could add him my Battle Beast Snake Army. The only thin I was puzzled by is the fact that the snake is a diamondback rattlesnake (fitting the desert theme of all the bad guys) but both versions of him are green. I am sure this was done to give the bad guys some variety, as you wouldn't want them all to be very sandy colored. But, I decided that I wanted to have one done up as a diamondback rattlesnake. So I picked up an extra snake and did a quick paintjob of him as an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake. I named him Crotalus. Let me know what you guys think.

DSFront_zps8ca505fa.jpg

DSRightSide_zpsdaa91fd5.jpg

DSBack_zps4477e861.jpg

And the full group, my newest additions to the Snake Army.

DSGroupweapons_zpsaa2911b6.jpg

Delta, that's great work.

I thought the snake was tan in the comic, but the comic-based specialty toy ended up being a light green. Not sure why!

Yeah, I thought both being green was an odd choice, but it just inspired me to paint an extra one up anyways. Something this line really has in spades is detail in the sculpt. It has really gotten me excited to pick up more and paint some up.

Hey guys - nice custom work!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I picked up some of the TRU exclusives (the two new figures and one 2-pack of repaints). The followup review will go up on Nerditis tomorrow, and I'll link it here. Essentially, I really like the two new guys with only minor nitpicks (though Antalor's hands won't stay on), but Spidron has the exact same problems as Fenruk, and that's sad. So it'll overall be more complimentary in tone, but still be upset about the quality control.

I love the new spider colors, though!

I picked up the moose/bat set last week; very cool. The bat might be my favorite, though I confess that I stuck him in my Batman box, and he's an updated Man-Bat. I might try to fiddle around with him and make him more comics accurate, but he's so nice I'll probably keep him as is.

Oh, one tip for Kuma quick customizing: Volstagg's armored torso works really nicely with him, and gives him the extra belly mass you'd expect in a bear.thumbsup.gif

Very cool customs, love the potential for that in this line even if they're not my cup of tea.

That said and hopefully you are reading this Zach, if DST ever does a High Evolutionary Minimate I would be all over some BB's to kitbash as his creations! I'm sure I would not be the only one to do so which in turn would help spur some BB sales Zach... just saying. Plus HE would make for a cool looking 'mate!

http://nerditis.com/2013/02/27/life-in-plastic-toy-review-followup-toys-r-us-exclusive-battle-beasts/

Everything is cool except the quality control! As long as that picks up, we'll be good. I was pretty impressed by MOOSE AND SQUIRREL, though.

Your TRU is charging $10? All the ones I've seen are $7.49, same as TRU's website.

Thanks for the info, Lobsterman! I'll fix it...

And my TRU charged me $10, but some stores are "Bump-Up" stores and do that. I'll edit it.

Fun fact - the spider under the bed? His leg fell off while I was carefully placing him there, and he collapsed. But the pose worked, so I kept it.

Very cool customs, love the potential for that in this line even if they're not my cup of tea.

That said and hopefully you are reading this Zach, if DST ever does a High Evolutionary Minimate I would be all over some BB's to kitbash as his creations! I'm sure I would not be the only one to do so which in turn would help spur some BB sales Zach... just saying. Plus HE would make for a cool looking 'mate!

BB seem to be selling just fine on their own, but be sure to tell DSTChuck that a High Evolutionary Minimate would take this thing to a whole other level. #wundagooooooal

BB seem to be selling just fine on their own, but be sure to tell DSTChuck that a High Evolutionary Minimate would take this thing to a whole other level. #wundagooooooal

So, does a second series seem likely now or is it still too soon to tell?