UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the packaging significantly different between TRU & LCS ? OK I know the exclusives will/may have the sticker but what about the other 2 packs?

Thankyou in advance.

Technically, the TRU and LCS waves are completely different, even though they share many of the same Beasts.

Vorin and Merk are both packed with a Scorpion/Spider in each wave, but the names are different:

Scorpion:

LCS: Vachonus

TRU: Scorpus

Spider:

LCS: Fenruk

TRU: Spidron

Since Gruntos and the Snake were each packed with humans in the LCS wave, them being packed together at TRU makes them a unique pack, add the new snake name on top of that.

Snake:

LCS: Strictus

TRU: Scalpus

Also, I know the Gruntos/Scalpus pack is a TRU exclusive, but many of the packs I've seen in-store don't have the silver sticker indicating a TRU exclusive. I'd say its a 50/50 shot at it being labeled an exclusive from the packs I've seen.

On top of all of those things, don't forget that the color schemes are completely different between LCS and TRU Beasts.

Edited by youbastards

You're welcome! I'm particularly interested to hear your thoughts on these when you finally get them in-hand. I have to say, I had set my expectations fairly low, and was pleasently surprised by how much I enjoyed this line.

Hopefully we will hear something about the future of the line sooner (C2E2) rather than later (SDCC)...

FYI, I have 2 of the TRU Munsters cars for you, I've been meaning to tell you. Let me know if you want me to track down more Munsters/Battle Beasts/AvX Poll sets for you...

That's very kind of you .... youbastards.com are obviously more reliable than TRUbastards.com .

tongue.png Sorry i really must let this whole thing go !

I am very upset with the local TRU here in Bloomington/Normal, IL. They still have never received the Battle Beast Minimates and now they claim they will no longer carry the Walking Dead minimates. They have a full peg of the Tekken vs Street Fighter line and that is about it. Tons of Halo Mates dusty on the pegs and lots of Frankenstein and Dracula mates but that is about it for mates other than very picked over older Marvel mates.

The clerks at my TRU last night told me after I stated I did not see the peg for the Walking Dead minimates where it has been since they had them, "Oh, that means we are not carrying them any longer." And then when I asked about Battle Beast Minimates, they went to the computer and said they did not even see them in the system. I have been looking for Lori and Terry and then the Moose and Squirrel (pun on the bat it would have been very funny if it was a flying squirrel).

The people at TRU have no idea what the store will carry, so take that with a grain of salt. Walking Dead Minimates are selling great at TRU, so there is no reason to believe they won't get more. As for Battle Beasts, be sure to give them the 6 digit item number to look up in their system (I don't have it offhand, but I'm sure it was posted a few pages back, Lobsterman probably has it handy...), as i have personally witnessed TRU staff search for "battle beast" and "battlebeast" and even "battle bees", all which yield different results in their already painfully slow system.

Found it a few pages back, the item number for TRU Battle Beasts Series 1 is 868261.

Found these @ Bellevue, WA TRU yesterday; due to the different size of the packaging from other mates, they were sitting on the floor.

Very disappointed in the quaility of my Gruntos. Every extremity piece is too loose and falls off at the slightest touch.

So, I never planned on purchasing these. At all. I had no interest what so ever... Until I happened upon them in the store today. Yeah, I bought the whole wave :P Sometimes I wish I wouldn't find new lines in the store, because I always end up wanting, then "needing", then buying. Damn this plastic addiction!

I'm not sure how many but relatively few ,I guess 20-30 cases which isn't very specific but the stock levels fluctuate for no real reason.

I know my 2nd. (later) order containing Bat/Moose & the Vorin Mk.36 sets are on their way but my other two sets (earlier) is lingering 'located in stock' .

I ordered these as soon as they hit the online store .....immediately.....just saying.

There is no reason that they will be the last to go online ,it happened with WD W2.

Edited by buttheadsmate