UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

Let's just say that I've had a bit of a set-back with my Battle Beast COMIC collection which will be resolved I'm sure but I need to get up to speed with what has been released . I realise that there was an ash-can,I have this......I believe there are four issues but can someone categorically tell me what variations there have been for each of these four comics. Thankyou in advance whilst pictures of the covers would make you blessed in my eyes.

So I've now secured these..........

post-638-0-80590700-1351689335_thumb.jpg post-638-0-48993400-1351689349_thumb.jpg

......is there anything else please ?

The only one it looks like you are missing is the Luke's Toy Store exclusive cover.

http://lukestoystore.com/battle-beasts-1-lukes-toy-store-exclusive-edition-comic-book/

Doubtful anyone has any laying around. I mean I know I don't have a Box full just hanging out or anything.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there just seems like a lot of different animals. Pretty much every single beast they fight is a different type of animal. Really no "troops" per say. If anything, I would just choose the animal you think works as a troop the most, and army build that. That's what I did with the original line, choosing the snake. For this new line, I am kind of wanting to make a clan of Rams/Moose. I have all the promo Vorins. And I'll be using the vorin and moose minimates to make more characters.

Let's just say that I've had a bit of a set-back with my Battle Beast COMIC collection which will be resolved I'm sure but I need to get up to speed with what has been released . I realise that there was an ash-can,I have this......I believe there are four issues but can someone categorically tell me what variations there have been for each of these four comics. Thankyou in advance whilst pictures of the covers would make you blessed in my eyes.

So I've now secured these..........

post-638-0-80590700-1351689335_thumb.jpg post-638-0-48993400-1351689349_thumb.jpg

......is there anything else please ?

I believe there is also a Rocket Comics (?) exclusive cover, with all of the bad guys. I think the first issue has all of the covers listed on the inside front cover. I need to update the Battlebeast.com index, myself.

And so far, we have not shown a lot of multiples of one species in the comic, but only three animals will have skin color variations in Series 1: Snake, Scorpion, Tarantula. The three heroes have armor variations, but that's it. And the TRU exclusives have no variations at all, but most armors are interchangeable to a degree. Moose's head orientation may affect his compatibility to a certain degree.

I'm thinking that is case too TM2, but another thought I had is that it might be depending on the comic series and if it continues. I very much hope for both to continue. I'm a little worried, the LCSs by me only ordered very few to none of the comics.

I personally do think that we should be worried. Well at least this is how I reassure myself that wave 2 will see the light of day. We've had multiple MAX mates released, multiple Calico Jack waves as well as Universal Monsters...now I'm not saying BB are "better" than the previously mentioned lines but the likelihood of kids and non-collectors buying awesome looking animals with weapons seems higher than the other lines we have seen that to the average person appear to be a Lego-imitator or as I've heard people say "lego dudes on steroids!"

Battle Beasts to me has the necessary visual appeal to sell.

*just a BB fanboy trying to make himself feel better*

I personally do think that we should be worried. Well at least this is how I reassure myself that wave 2 will see the light of day. We've had multiple MAX mates released, multiple Calico Jack waves as well as Universal Monsters...now I'm not saying BB are "better" than the previously mentioned lines but the likelihood of kids and non-collectors buying awesome looking animals with weapons seems higher than the other lines we have seen that to the average person appear to be a Lego-imitator or as I've heard people say "lego dudes on steroids!"

Well...2 waves of MAX, 1 Wave of Jack, i can still buy both series' vehicles on clearance (one of my TRUs didn't even order Jack), and my LCS doesn't order the BB comic either.

I definitely agree that DST is playing it safe. 2 years (?) of waiting with only 1 wave announced? They're worried.

That's what I'm thinking, we havent heard a thing about a second wave, at the very least we hear how many waves are planned. Even IDW is being the same way, waiting to see how the TPB does? I thought usually they make a decision on the numbers of how the regular issues do.

1353299089[/url]' post='251568']

I think that's true about the kid appeal. But the biggest obstacle to that is TRU's floor plan. I don't know about everybody else, but minimates are scattered across at least 8 different sections on 3 different aisles at mine. There's no cohesiveness at all for minimates. There's certainly enough to warrant their own section, which in turn would give them more of a presence. Without a minimate section, the Battle Beasts will get lost in the sea of marvel, batman, avengers, star wars, and spiderman without a kid even noticing them.

I hope like hell they make it and do well they just got to get these suckers out there. there is a pipe of stuff be it different in nature but still Battling beasts they need to contend with. You know me I am quite the fanboy of this line but the over cautious approach makes me nervous.

With my ever growing collections I had to decide if I wanted to clear a shelf of my Warcraft mega bloks of kill off my Battle Beast shelf and needless to say my battle beast shelf is still holding strong.

I think the two main contenders for DST Beasts are going to be the Lego Legends of Chima and the Takara Beast Saga (especially if this hits the usa). Two more independent lines that still could have a impact is the Glyos as the Armorvor has been making a bit impact and with people casting custom animal heads for the bodies been crazy. Then finally Mystical Warriors of the Ring which is more of the classic Muscle figures but will be animal themed.

sorry about my ramblings i hope some of it made sense lol

That's what I'm thinking, we havent heard a thing about a second wave, at the very least we hear how many waves are planned. Even IDW is being the same way, waiting to see how the TPB does? I thought usually they make a decision on the numbers of how the regular issues do.

Trade sales offer a more complete picture of how well a series does

There's certainly enough to warrant their own section, which in turn would give them more of a presence. Without a minimate section, the Battle Beasts will get lost in the sea of marvel, batman, avengers, star wars, and spiderman without a kid even noticing them.

I dream that one day 'Mates will all be stocked together in one spot. And that spot being the Lego aisle. I know Minimates aren't really building block toys, but they'd fit right there next to the lines Mega Bloks and K'Nex are kicking out.

I hope like hell they make it and do well they just got to get these suckers out there. there is a pipe of stuff be it different in nature but still Battling beasts they need to contend with. You know me I am quite the fanboy of this line but the over cautious approach makes me nervous.

With my ever growing collections I had to decide if I wanted to clear a shelf of my Warcraft mega bloks of kill off my Battle Beast shelf and needless to say my battle beast shelf is still holding strong.

I think the two main contenders for DST Beasts are going to be the Lego Legends of Chima and the Takara Beast Saga (especially if this hits the usa). Two more independent lines that still could have a impact is the Glyos as the Armorvor has been making a bit impact and with people casting custom animal heads for the bodies been crazy. Then finally Mystical Warriors of the Ring which is more of the classic Muscle figures but will be animal themed.

sorry about my ramblings i hope some of it made sense lol

Lego's Chima will hopefully help us, but Beast Saga has zero effect if it is not in TRU. Glyos has less than zero effect, as pretty as they are; their editions are pretty small. I have no idea what that last thing is.

I definitely agree that DST is playing it safe. 2 years (?) of waiting with only 1 wave announced? They're worried.

Playing it safe and being worried are two different things. Series 2 is already laid out and partially tooled. I'm sure Chuck has a timeline in his head, and I'm sure we are slightly beholden to TRU's schedule.