UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

I've had an internet blackout most of my time at SDCC and now see the mess that the gold Vorin is causing. I feel guilty sharing this after reading the comments but I managed to snag these for Luke and myself.

Please don't feel guilty about something you have gotten fair & square ,great pictures great haul :thumbsup:

I don't want any trouble from my sources so I'll just vaguely say that I have networked a lot while at conventions and was given them.

.....& that's the way it works :thumbsup:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'you think that someone would just email me in the UK from San Diego days ago just to give me some news about a rumour ? Think about it my friend .....I was offered them days ago ,the trouble is that the guy (nobody here as far as I know) chose the wrong person to ask .

I'll do it my own way as I always do.... which is to wait for them to drop through the floor on ebay.

I have started feeling a little better since I have a few people going to the DST panel for me and I'm hoping they give out a few there. If I have extras after I give them to those I already promised them to, I will post here. Hope this works out!

I've had an internet blackout most of my time at SDCC and now see the mess that the gold Vorin is causing. I feel guilty sharing this after reading the comments but I managed to snag these for Luke and myself.

Please continue with the sharing thing! While I must admit to a pang of envy, it's great to see the pictures. Better yet, to know that some of the exclusives are making into the hands of those who care.

No one cares to speculate more? Is there a reason they haven't shown up on Ebay yet?

UPDATE:

http://www.facebook.com/Agent88Films

Just looked there and found the RSVP list for the party these were given out at...all celebs. I doubt any of them will take the time to go on eBay and put it up for auction...

Things look bleaker by the minute.

If they want collectors to jump on the line this is certainly the worst move DST could have done. It reminds me the old vintage Star Trek line that lost all interest from collectors when they released a so elusive figure nobody could get it.

See, I don't think you can blame this on DST at all. I suspect it's driven by Digger, who is admittedly a fan of insanely-rare. I can only ask, "Why? Why?" Zach has laid out DST's thinking in terms of exclusives and it may not make the fans happy, but it does make some sense.

But this? The point of the blank 88's, at least, is to promote the project, no? Then why limit it to 88 figures and release them to an incredibly exclusive crowd who won't care about the toy, let alone the logo that's on it? He should be releasing these by the bushel and handing them out to every joe at the con. It's a give-away in a goodie bag, not even a "get them into the booth" promo like Gold Spidey was. Why, why, why?

*deep breaths, deep breaths* In the end, I'll follow the wise words of Dino and bhm -- doubtless more than 88 of each were produced, hopefully they will trickle out onto the market.

Edited by Cappy

Damn this Gold Exclusive.

Mattel does very good with their MOTU subs and with the large subs and fans that buy each release (even if it is just a repaint or slight mod) they can produce super exclusives and it goes to the die hard fans who spend their hard earned money on this line. Not a bunch of celebrities that don't know what a minimate is or could care less going through the leg work to get a 100.00 bucks off ebay.

I know alot of the veterans like myself on this board feel a hard face slap.... especially when we have literally spent thousands on this line over the years.

IDK. I always liked the appeal of the extremely limited give aways. There's 50 numbered G/S Spideys. There's more than 50 of us on this board. Not everyone can have one. Is that 'fair'? Not really. But life is never fair. Sometimes its just unfair in your favor. I find the uber rare pieces fun, but I understand people who do not and hate them, and I don't begrudge those people that at all.

But Cappy's right. If this was a movie promotion, than make an ass-ton. If this was designed to be "I have it and you don't haha" then say that. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't give me some bull-jive about "It's to promote my new movie!" So, now 88 more people know about your movie? Greeeeat.

I use to collect vinyl toys before this so I know about limited numbers and all that jazz just sucks how these ones came to be.. My Tolleson AP has been my fav rare item to date and I cried a lil when I sold it lol. http://www.stolleart.com/store/

my 1/1 was the red one 3rd row in 2nd to last with the swirl around its eye

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MOOwNHf3r0c/TaSQu4BFvWI/AAAAAAAAAZI/jXCTui44nTc/s1600/ArmyPhoto.jpg

Edited by b00sted

why does god hate me soo.. ordered the 3 comics off ebay started, variant and comicmarket and they came today and it was a stack of Kiss comics instead -_-

why does god hate me soo.. ordered the 3 comics off ebay started, variant and comicmarket and they came today and it was a stack of Kiss comics instead -_-

At least you got some comics.When i ordered the mageblock flying dutchman i got some red cross papers instead.The courier lady stole them.I still remember her face.She dropped them on the door and left as fast as possible.

BHM I am just as pissed as you. Where is the relevance of minimates, especially a battle beast, in this odd independant film. I was disappointed over the blank, but a unque battle beast?! Not happy...

You guys have all been doing this a while, so let me ask you this. Why isn't there one on eBay yet? Is it because of the specific type of person that was invited to the party? Is it because comic con hasn't been over long enough? The suspense is killing me and I have to say that if it doesn't work out I am going to commission a custom gold Vorin anyway.

One way or the other I will have a gold Vorin for my collection. Despite Digger and Agent 88's best efforts!

well I will just leave this here encase anyone that does have oen decides to part with it.. I will buy yours from you for a good chunk of change. just send me a PM

Hi, guys, just wanted to weigh in.

The Versus World event was for influential people in the entertainment industry. We wanted to generate some interest in the brand, and giving them a toy and comic seemed like a good start. We were on a budget and a time crunch, so we went with promos instead of fully painted and packaged figures. I wanted a solid one instead of a clear one, to better show off the detail, and that's why they got that one.

That's right, I'm the bad guy. Digger had nothing to do with Vorin. (His promo, by the way, was limited to the event because he's still trying to get the film made. It didn't make sense to promote it to fans yet.)

I've only skimmed this discussion, but rare Minimates are nothing new. The old-timers know what's what, and completists can't expect to have every item handed to them. Being a completist is hard work, and not for the easily frustrated. This guy is the same as the blue one, just gold, and comes in the same bag as the blue one. Beware of facsimiles, and don't drop mad bank on one unless you HAVE to have it.

I gave a few to my Multiverse contact for a contest here, along with pins and posters. Good luck.

aweome glad to hear! any business cards? As since my contact balled out on me I am SOL on that too :(

PM me your address, I grabbed a stack for you.

Oh, and wookiefodder, the unnumbered pirate box sets was my fault, too. We handed the boxes out on the last day with figure #4 and I didn't realize there were extra, unnumbered boxes in the stack. After we handed all the figures and boxes out, there were still boxes left, many of them numbered. So the edition number is not BS, that's what we made. Sorry to all who got an unnumbered one.

With Alice, I know the factory tends to overproduce so we have replacements and licensor samples, so maybe that's where those came from.

And the grey Vorin was given to retailers to get them to order Battle Beasts, not Minimates in general. We have not solicited nor shipped Series 1 of Battle Beasts, so I think it's a little early to call the experiment a failure.

I might have a numbered Pirate box at home if anyone needs one. PM me.

ur my new hero for the biz cards alone! thanks so much.. I wonder if they make a business card frame haha

EDIT: SO my needs if anyone still has some floating is the New Battle beast poster/button/Gold Vorin. Any help would be awesome and loved forever.

Edited by b00sted

The old-timers know what's what, and completists can't expect to have every item handed to them. Being a completist is hard work, and not for the easily frustrated.

As the oldest old-timer here & a completist I can't ignore that extremely patronising remark . I've only been handed promos when I've attended SDCC & for the record I started this shitting thread before you even arrived here so don't start preaching to me about frustration & hard work ......leave that crap for the 'influential people in the entertainment industry' .