UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this numerous times in different threads, RED VORIN MADE C2E2 AMAZING FOR ME! I missed out on the first two days and barely made it on Sunday and Zach was awesome. I must have some gators...someone help me...I has monies...I want to trade my monies for gators. Why is no one selling them anymore?

Also if anyone is going to SDCC in this thread PLEASE pm me. I am dying to confirm that I will be getting a 2 pack! PLEASE. ( if you can sense the desperation here it is ) *BEGS*

Fatcow, I can conform that you will not be getting a 2 pack. :mellow:

This is not funny...my emotions are only to be toyed with by my wife and infant son.

There's going to be a SDCC exclusive BB two-pack right? Someone is going, they will help me get one...or they will witness a grown man covered in tattoos of 80's cartoons cry...cry tears of battlebeast envy.

The more you guys post pictures, the worse it stings that I don't have one.

There is hope :thumbsup:

Great pics btw Geo!

Unfortunately I know I don't have the skills to enter and win one. I wish I did, but yeah, so many more talented people on here than me in that respect that'll knock this contest outta the park.

Edited by Mystery Man

1335814806[/url]' post='223431']

er.....since I started this thread I feel it fitting to say that you really need to take a look at this.....

http://www.littlerub...16

Class.

I went over there and read that entire thread last week when I was taking pictures of my Vorin and there is some serious scary levels of hate over there. Not everyone, obviously, but a lot of hate just because it's a new thing that's named after an old thing. As someone who had a bunch of the original Battle Beasts back in my youth, i can safely say, they sucked. I love them and always will, but they suck. The closest they can get to fighting is actually just being rammed into each other. Which is great when you're five or something. But solid bodies with legs that can't move or heads that can't turn? Arms that only go up and down? How is that better? Because they have rubsigns? Man, hell with that. You use them too much and the adhesive dissolves and they fall off anyway. I still have a bunch of my originals and my nephew plays with them, because he is two and while they aren't great for me, he can throw them around and they're fine. Durability is good, but when you get to a point where you don't want to throw toys, then what?

Ok enough rant. Point is, new Battle Beasts will be better than the old to me and I am really excited for them.

Edited by The Geohound

If 20 years from now, someone buys the Minimate name and puts it on anything other than a Minimate (or beverage coolers, rubber stamps or small air conditioning units), I'd probably vent a little. Of course, in 20 years I'll be about bhm's age and will probably vent about alot of things (like, 'who my wheelchair?' or 'they're serving meatloaf again?'). Doesn't make it right, but if the tables were turned I'd probably understand a little better.

Doesn't someone already make a brand of coolers called mini-mates? [Derp, I see what you did there] The only issues I have with someone reusing the names of things decades from now is that I'll most likely have severe dementia (worse than I do now) and not realize it's a different thing and buy it all, never noticing it's not what I think it is. Because I'll be crazy.

And thinking about it, you could probably put the rubsign on the base chest block under any sculpted armor or whatever.

Is it called Little Rubber Guys because they're made out of rubber, or because everyone likes to rub them?

Edited by The Geohound

Wow, that forum makes me want to puke. I have never met anyone who is anti minimates in all of my toy collecting conversations. Even those that don't collect them at least think they're cool. A small part of me makes me want DST to ruin the line BB line just to make those dudes all pissy, luckily a larger part of me wants to see these things blow up because man this ram is awesome.