UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookie + DSTChuck at trade show = free promo figure for you.

Why not try it, its easier than higher math and works every time!

Now, is that one promo per cookie? Because I can get you two dozen homemade chocolate chip cookies on Saturday :)

In all seriousness, tomorrow is cookie bar baking day at the house. It's been on the schedule since last year when I decided I'd find a way to be at C2E2 this year, even before I knew there'd be an exclusive. What was meant to be a simple 'thanks' will now be an effective form of brown nosing.

Man, I figured the exclusives wouldn't hit eBay until tonight. Didn't think that they would hand them out at the Retailer's Summit.

I hope the head and body armor aren't all one sculpted piece. If it is it'll kill the Quark custom I was planning.

According to the design artwork, the head is supposed to be a slip-on piece over a regular Minimate head. I'm guessing that didn't change.

I hope the head and body armor aren't all one sculpted piece. If it is it'll kill the Quark custom I was planning.

According to the design artwork, the head is supposed to be a slip-on piece over a regular Minimate head. I'm guessing that didn't change.

Looking at the control art, Vorin's head looks sculpted like Beta Ray Bill's. Does it say somewhere that it's a slip on mask? And the armor definitely looks separate from the head in the artwork.

I suppose we'll know soon enough!

VorinMMArt.jpg

EDIT: Full design sheet is up at CBR. Head and armor are definitely separate and it looks like the head could be a slip-on piece...

Edited by Fujis

Pretty impressed with the promo Beast!

A few tidbits:

Tomb Raider 'mates are go!

Street Fighter X Tekken on display!

Walking Dead mates look great!

No Enterprise on display, but Zach said the proto doesn't travel well.

I got lots of pix, will upload in a bit. :thumbsup:

Zach graciously gave up some promos for a MMMV contest, I grabbed a bunch of posters too.

I completely agree that people are to do with the crap they have what they will and all that. And if there's a market for things and people willing to pay for it (Someone bought one for $100 yesterday, cripes) Free market economy and all that. It just gravely urks me that this guy has five and is just dumping thhem off, while those of us here who would just want one and never sell it, have none. And may never have any. I just want to know where they get them from. I mean, were it me, and I were at cons getting stuff, for free no less, i would find it a great priviledge to be given a thing that no one has any reason to give away at all. It's just a goodwill gesture from companies turned into naked profiteering and it really pisses me off.

While I absolutely will never pay that much money for something that was given away, no matter how much I want it (and I REALLY do want one), i'm mostly just making angry noises now BECAUSE this guy has five (or likely more) and I have none and don't really have much chance of getting one, pending altruism of fellow MMMV people or the world itself. I just want me some Battle Beasts. And I have a serious weakness for translucent minimates.

End bitter ranting.

Edited by The Geohound