UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't worry about Battle Beasts yet. I would guess DST is still pulling their plans tgether for the license. After all, they bought the license - they must have some plan for it.

If we don't have any Battle Beast news at Toy Fair next year, then you should worry.

Edited by boyd

• 3 months later...

A few things:

-Notice how he mentions the Toyfair mate being a "special colorway." That pretty much jives with the possibility of the yellow-armored gator still showing up in the regular playset.

-Guess whose sword that originally is? Ares.

-Again, the lack of rubsigns had been pointed out.

I just really hope we see someone other than the gator once the actual line gets rolling.

Personally, I'll just hold off and pay for him when he is released with the different paint deco at retail, but if you want the promo, here is one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NY-Toy-Fair-2010-Exclu...=item4cedcc7f90

Doubt we'll see this guy go for less than $30 anytime soon, though.

Edited by karamazov80

:( Man i really want one!hopefully they have an even different color scheme for San Deigo Comic Con,if they hand them out as promo's!

The Gator in 4 different colors, while difficult to get ahold of, would be incredible. I've slacked off tracking down the last three '08 ones, but these would be top priority for me. Keep it simple, too:

Red Gator

Blue Gator

Black Gator

Clear Gator

Keep two basic, classic SDCC colors, Black instead of yellow/gold or white/silver since we'd have (hopefully) both, and Clear instead of green because green armor on a green Gator would look odd. Besides, who WOULDN'T want the Clear-armored Gator?? Really?? ;)

:( Man i really want one!hopefully they have an even different color scheme for San Deigo Comic Con,if they hand them out as promo's!

The Gator in 4 different colors, while difficult to get ahold of, would be incredible. I've slacked off tracking down the last three '08 ones, but these would be top priority for me. Keep it simple, too:

Red Gator

Blue Gator

Black Gator

Clear Gator

Keep two basic, classic SDCC colors, Black instead of yellow/gold or white/silver since we'd have (hopefully) both, and Clear instead of green because green armor on a green Gator would look odd. Besides, who WOULDN'T want the Clear-armored Gator?? Really?? ;)

unless they give away an enitrely different minimate as a promo! ;)

Well, a tampo with the design wouldn't be so difficult, would it? I wonder if there is something about the license that precludes the use of those logos? Maybe their rights exist separately from the brand name generally and likeness of the characters?

I have to admit, I wasn't too fussed about the Battle Beasts. I never had them as a kid so they don't have the same nostalgia value as the Turtles (for example) and I'm unsure about the playset they're coming with. However the figure did look cool in the review, so I think opportunity pending I might pick up some of them. I wonder if we'll get any new weapons that can get added into the main line.

It looks way better than I thought, but what the reviewer calls his favorite thing is the reason I'm still not interested in it: it does not look like a minimate. All respect to the cool idea and it's really incredible what DST/AA are doing here, but I'm just not interested in a different toyline.

Looks like there's going to be a new Battle Beast website coming from the webmasters that run Seibertron.com - PlanetBeast.com. Their first content is a pretty nice gallery of Gator Guard.

As for the rub symbols, I'm not worried. Mainly because I need to order more from Reprolabels.com anyway. I may as well just grab a few extra for when they finally start up this Minimates line.

Thanks NV for that link.

After checking out the gallery I am impressed as to the level of detail and the sculpting the Battle Beast Minimate has, also how well it fits with the originals.

I think they could be on to a winner with this line.

As for the rub symbols, I'm not worried. Mainly because I need to order more from Reprolabels.com anyway. I may as well just grab a few extra for when they finally start up this Minimates line.

I was looking for those at the Reprolabels site a couple days ago and couldn't find these being offered anymore. I know they periodically remove things from their site, so if they aren't there (and there is a fair chance that I'm just not seeing them), I hope that the new Battle Beast line will compel them to offer these up again. I would definitely buy some.

I was looking for those at the Reprolabels site a couple days ago and couldn't find these being offered anymore. I know they periodically remove things from their site, so if they aren't there (and there is a fair chance that I'm just not seeing them), I hope that the new Battle Beast line will compel them to offer these up again. I would definitely buy some.

If you scroll to the bottom of the Reprolabels homepage, there's a link to StickerFixer.com. That's where Reprolabels has moved most of their non-Transformers labels, including Battle Beasts.

Edited by NightViper

Awesome. Thanks! Though I don't know: a) how many Battle Beasts will ultimately be released; and b ) how well the stickers will fit, I might go ahead and order some soon, anyway. I know that Reprolabels makes these to order, and it has taken over a month for me to get orders received in the past.

--edit: we also don't know if the regularly released BBs will have the rub symbols or not. . .maybe I should wait.--

Edited by karamazov80

thank you,went to StickerFixer.com and they have perfect repleca stickers for B.B.

That review is great and makes me want this even more than ever. It also makes me want this line to expand! I hope I am able to get the Toy Fair one but whatever happens I can't wait for the playsets to come out! Has there been any update on a release date for those? The last date I saw was Feb 3rd.

Minimates actually made it to the front page of 2005. Impressive. http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/t...-beasts-169209/

2 things. 1) DST REALLY needs to think about rub signs. I know to us it's not that big a deal, but I suspect it may be a turn off for long time fans. 2) if They have access to the old 80's molds, they should think about a "Then and now" 2 pack.