UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

i think these sound really cool i loved battle beasts i some time found them all and thought hey these guy are the smae size as minimates... they should battle! i never did anything with thou :( and now i am not sure where they are. i can't wait until these come out!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're playing a joke on me right? My favorite rubbery animal warriors are coming back AND will do so in Minimate form? No, no. That's got to be a joke...

This is fantastic news! Especially since I've just recently finished up the regular Battle Beasts and started working on the ridiculously expensive Laser Beasts. Now I can focus on these instead!

As a BB fan and collector I can just say WHAOU !

I have been waiting this day for years and now it's true. New figures making their way to the store. I hope that this line will be sold through TRU as it will be a great way to attract more fan in the Minimates world. I never bought any Minimates but I have an explication. I'm not living in USA. I'm sure that if I had been in USA my childrens would be playing with Minimates. In fact they will be playing with the parts I would have been able to find back. They are too young for construction toys.

Come back to the BB from DST. I found the fact that DST now owned the Battle Beasts brand months ago when searching for information about a possible Hasbro re launch. I used the last 6 months sending question to Chuck through the Q&A about the BB line but none never received an answer. So I checked daily the blog and even more during the TF 09 and then during this SDCC. When I saw the gator pic I immediatly understand that the BB were finally back. I tried to register here but needed to wait for the admin confirmation to be able to post.

I now need more information from DST. When will the display be available ? Can we expect a full BB release before the end of this year. Would be great to have BB under the christmas tree.

Don't worry about the negative feedback from old BB collectors. We are on the internet, a world in which negative is louder than postive. It kind of remind me the first reaction about the MOTUC or all the others lines re-launched (Star Wars, GI Joe, etc). they will ever be people who like more older toys than new ones. What's really important is to spread the news all around the world. I'm already doing the job in french boards.

PS: I read in a post that BB was just a 80's tv show opportunity. So far from the truth. BB has never been a TV show. They had their (small) success by themself. Not like all the Pokemon, Ben10, YuGiOh, etc.

Welcome to the boards, Sylvain! Glad to see that this announcement brought you over. The date for release of the playset says "1st quarter 2010" on Alter Ego's website, but the typical manner of release for the Battle Beasts has not yet been announced. It is possible that we could get something before the end of the year.

By the way, who is your "Battle Beast" alter ego? ;)

My Battle Beast alias shall be "Tender Veal"

That made me spit my tea out . Thank you :D

While im not overly impressed with the use of a minimate body as the base for a BB return ..it IS better than nothing. Besides if the line is some what successful who knows what changes might be made down the line. The idea of a Hare Razing Rabbit does intrigue me....

Ive been experimenting with block figure (minimates , I men , etc) Battle Beast hybrids for a long time now. I never finished them as the look i desired mentally required a complete new sculpt. Id much prefer to see the parts rounded, with sculpted detail and less blocky but again..the DST offering is a start.

Edited by Customizer

Welcome sylvain! :) Hopefully you won't be disappointed by this new BB/MM joint venture... I know some of us are enjoying this news already.

... which is probably more than I can say for the other thread, I see an understandable level of vitriol directed by the older fans at the Minimate-ization of the line. In a way I can see where they're coming from, the fact that the line actually went through a similar phase of resuscitation hope before, only to later go in another direction entirely probably rubbed salt into a LOT of old wounds. We may be poking fun at the funny animal names here, but these are guys who've been serious fans of Battle Beasts for years.

When it all comes right down to it though, we're all communities of toy-lovers with our own distinct preferences and pet peeves. Some love detailed sculpting, others are sticklers for articulation. Some like mixing and matching original characters, others like toys based on well-known properties like TV or comics. Some go for the highly-conceptual themed style, others have a more minimalist bent. Some are loyal to a specific brand, others to a specific concept.

However, toy trends change whether we like it or not. What may seem revolutionary and awesome to one generation may be corny and silly-looking to a later one. Even something we like just the way it is may one day change into something we won't. Look at Marvel Legends. Transformers. Polly Pocket and Littlest Pet Shop for girls. Heck, even Minimates went through that drastic switch from the 3" to the 2" scale. Sorry if you don't like it and they changed it now it sucks, but if you don't like it then don't buy it. Don't prolong your own suffering by forcing yourself to like something. I still can't quite fathom the appeal of Hasbro Heroes and Kubricks but I won't hate on people who like them (or at least I try to).

As far as hoping for a "proper return" for a beloved line goes (and this goes out to both BB purists and us dead-horse-beaters who still dream of the return of DC, Street Fighter, Star Trek mates...), either it will happen exactly the way you'd hoped or it won't. That's the way of the world, and yes, sometimes it's unfair. But at least we'll still have the memory of our favorite toys in their prime to hold on to, and that's something no company or collector can ever take away from you.

Now somebody help me get off this fifty-foot soapbox.

I'm going to be serious for a change. I've just been reading the reaction over at the LittleRubberGuys forum & one or two of the reactions to the new Minimate licence there imply that some us here are poking fun at Battle Beasts & maybe their fans .

If I'm reading their forum then they are probably reading ours so I,personally,would like to say that although I find Battle Beasts fun.....no way am I ,personally,poking fun at Battle Beasts fans. I don't think anybody else here is either & I genuinely feel that this new line is almost criticism-free.....although I confess I'll think of something eventually. :D

So if you are veteran Battle Beasts fans & reading this thread ....we are kindred souls... not a threat.

We don't poke fun here ....leastways not at fellow-toylovers.

Edited by buttheadsmate

For the members here that read the LRG board you can find me at thei forum under the lord account. As I have already writen it here you don't have to worry about some BB collectors reactions. They are only a handfull that really dislike the new Minimates Battle Beasts. It's more important to get reactions from others toys fans. When you're in a collection for years you have hard time accepting things can change. Globally I can say that this new DST line has had a very good welcome. The main DST goal here is to get more buyers. They can't just put their dream in the BB community as this is a too small one. I see the Minimates BB as a new mass market brand and I'm sure that they have the quality needed for. I will for sure be part of their new buyers and a good one as I need them for my personnal collection and more to play with with my childrens.

MY CLAIM

I AM MAKING IT

SLOWPOKE SLOTH

bb66.jpg

A vegetarian named Gilgamesh that sounds like Jimmy Stewart?

How awesome is that?

VERY AWESOME

VERY AWESEOMEST

Edited by RSIxidor

The only person I need is Grin Reefer.

op6wxi.jpg

I also remember having the rabbit, the moose, Cutthroat Cuttlefish and an owl. All of whom were hand me down figures.

They were all pretty neat, but I always played with Grin Reefer. My mom woulds always have to be someone lame like the rabbit or moose while I used the cool people. She had to paint over his paint chips sooo many times. :D I probably still got him somewhere, possibly in the shed with my old toy castles, knights, and z-bots. I'd have to ask my dad about it.

I got TONS of weapons when they were given to me, so there must've been more.

Dude, I keep looking at the images and then I see something else that's even awesomer than the awesome thing I was just looking at.

DST, please make this go somewhere . . . we will help . . . we will buy . . . you just please produce them, please, pretty please?

Final after 20 years these guys are coming back. I think this line is what origanally got me hooked on the 2/2.5" action figures. If you don't know about these guys you should look them up. I only had like 4 but besides Voltron they were my favorite.

Can wait to see what the guys do with them now. This could be big for them since they were once a playable toy and that seems to be popular now. Fire, Wood and Water.

Concept art please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never heard of these are they old toys

if any one knows what is the lizard one called

Edited by Scorpion

The lizard displayed at SDCC ? In fact it's more a gator than a lizard. I think that the original BB corresponding would be Grusome Gator even if it doesn't have the same color scheme.

The lizard displayed at SDCC ? In fact it's more a gator than a lizard. I think that the original BB corresponding would be Grusome Gator even if it doesn't have the same color scheme.

yes the one at sdcc thank you for the info

you mean this http://www.burningclam.com/BB/gator000a.jpg

does anyone know if he will come with his weapon

if not we will missed out on some weapons

http://www.burningclam.com/BB/Series1.html

Edited by Scorpion

Unfortunately it is currently unknown. The gaurd (IIRC) came with a gun so I don't see it out of the realm of possibility. I personally want them to have weapons similar to the original, otherwise part of the nostalgia is lost.

Here's to hoping or praying to some sort of deity.

Unfortunately it is currently unknown. The gaurd (IIRC) came with a gun so I don't see it out of the realm of possibility. I personally want them to have weapons similar to the original, otherwise part of the nostalgia is lost.

Here's to hoping or praying to some sort of deity.

My guess is that the croc/lixard guy was simply put in the set as a generic to see how people reacted to it.

Given that minimates come with accessories these days I'd say them having the weapons is a given.

I suspect we will get more from DST on this in due time!

T.

I just realized, I have close to 50 of these back home....... I may have to search them out and bring them back with me.

I think I may still have the Shark playset also.

I kind of like the idea of these as mates, seems like a good line to go with.