UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle Beasts Minimates

I never understood how wood beat water... by floating on it? How is that equivalent to fire burning wood and water putting out fire?

My favorite Battle Beasts were the ones based on completely non-aggressive animals, like giraffes and bunny rabbits. I hope they remake the actual "characters" from the original toy line, instead of just similar ones like that croc on display... If I buy any it will be for nostalgia, so I'd want the same animals I had before.

Thanks for posting those links guys, cool to look back at them all. I had a couple of those Lazer ones too when I was a kid, with the glass ball in the chest. I also had a UK comic, where the Battle Beasts just fought each other for the whole issue while they tried to follow a treasure map -- when they finally got to the treasure at the end and it was a bunch of gold they were all pissed, because they were expecting a weapons cache!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured this thread was getting too political, and was closed before the wittily named characters versus the "hastily-thrown-together-just-before-production" named characters debate got too out of control.

Edited by karamazov80

Nope ,suddenly I found the power &.....absolute power corrupts absolutely :devil:

Could someone explain to me how I've acquired the position of Moderator? I'm totally serious & I'll start proving it by closing this thread again in 15 minutes :D

Which would be silly because I started the thread & I'm off to bed. Please somebody (Staff) remove my new found powers by morning........I can now apparently close threads :blink:

I just saw the list of Laser Beasts, and wish I would have chosen "Hustlebear" as my Battle Beast alter ego :(

I also would have preferred "Fly Sailor," "Puzzlecolor," "Scope Cougar," and "Condorassin"

I just saw the list of Laser Beasts, and wish I would have chosen "Hustlebear" as my Battle Beast alter ego :(

I also would have preferred "Fly Sailor," "Puzzlecolor," "Scope Cougar," and "Condorassin"

I shouldn't think anybody will mind but if you're changing ....dibs on Eager(for) Beaver :D

I call Lieutenant Magenta! :lol:

What?

Wait, what do you mean that's not his real name?!

Oh, fine.

"Killer Carp", then. <_<

_________

EDIT: Guys, you better read this

(Long story short: The Battle Beasts fandom's take on the future 'mates)

Edited by NorthRaider

EDIT: Guys, you better read this

(Long story short: The Battle Beasts fandom's take on the future 'mates)

I've been reading that too. I can understand missing the rubsigns, but complaining about the figure itself seems a little premature. There doesn't seem to be that much blockiness around the new beast that the old one didn't have. Also, the original Battle Beasts had 2 points of articulation. Two. They were essentially green army men with moving arms and weapons (although I did love 'em). The new line will most likely have swappable armor, parts and weapons with minimate articulation. Sounds awesome.

Oh, and I am totally calling War Weasel. He's a weasal with a frikkin' laser hand! And he's war-ish.

Edited by cesium salami

I think I just saw one of the Battle Beasts fans sign up for the Multiverse. I'd certainly love to hear their honest feedback.

On that note, I apologize in advance for any disparaging comments I and my compatriots might have said about the line. Personally I didn't even realize this was an old property from the eighties with a still-active fanbase. That aside, they really do look promising as Minimates :)

That's pretty funny... two different sets of action figure fans both doing a collective WTF at the news.

Hopefully they will come round to it, as it seems we have here.

You'd think that a Battle Beasts resurrection would be viewed more positively than no Battle Beasts resurrection. However this is the internet and nothing should surprise me anymore.

To add an extra layer of recursive fun, I think the BB guys just posted this thread on their board :blink:

If DST is indeed going full-blast with Battle Beast 'mates, like others here I wonder what route they'll take to deliver these to the public. All playsets? Two-packs? Boxsets? Singles? Whatever they're doing, I hope they can avert parts reuse as much as possible; judging from what I've observed the central appeal of Battle Beasts (aside from that fire-water-wood gimmick) comes from the unique animal sculpts. Wonder how they can keep this up for longer than one wave.

To add an extra layer of recursive fun, I think the BB guys just posted this thread on their board :blink:

Wonder how they can keep this up for longer than one wave.

Unitl all of us have our titular characters in our hands, with a picture as our avatar. :lol: that'd be A LOT of Battle Beasts.... :blink: Fine, they can stop after Deer Stalker; boy, they may have to change a few names on these guys..."Horny Toad!!" :lol:

And if they have i want to see this play out. I'm going with a Battle Royale with BB minimates. B)

any pics of the actual minimates (not just the classic figures) or the designs?

I used to have a handful of these, only one has made the 20 year journey with me...

75pungnpenguinloose2a.jpg

he's in my nephews toy box now, I think the logo still works...

Edited by minijoeshmo

any pics of the actual minimates (not just the classic figures) or the designs?

I used to have a handful of these, only one has made the 20 year journey with me...

75pungnpenguinloose2a.jpg

he's in my nephews toy box now, I think the logo still works...

You'll know that this is Pugnacious Penguin & he appears to have his own ...er..large...toybox.

From what I can fathom these each had a rubbable ( :D ) area which indickated ( :D ) Fire Water Whatever.....correct?

I can't see us getting that 'rubbable' which is perhaps a blessing & to be honest I can't see the names being used which would be sad.