UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU differences

Mattallica

Anyone keeping a tally on the differences between Toys r us releases and their regular wave versions?

i havent really looked into them much but noticed wave 23 war machine has the tops of his legs painted dark grey to make for a nice speedo while his TRU counterpart mearly has the t shaped crotch piece in dark grey.

wave 25 Bucky-cap comes with black gun and TRU version is silver

wave 25 Aim soldier comes with black rifle and pistol where as the ones with the TRU version are dark Metallic Blue

Just to drive completists mad i assume :D

Edited by Mattallica

If I recall (not absolutely sure) isn't the TRU Abomination a different green?

Yes it is a different green.

I've always wondered about keeping track of the differences. Just to play it safe I get both sets because you never know if you might miss something. There has been different things like shades of color, accessories, torso type <> or hex, positioning of the hands, copyright dates, the box type/packaging themselves, the accompanying mate(the mates paired together). (Yes I'm a little obsessed if you hadn't noticed. :wacko: )

I used to get one closed 'ordinary wave' set & one to trade & one to open & one to display & one just in case & one for fodder & a couple or so spares.

I now get an extra to compare with the TRU sets which I have one closed & one to trade & one to open etc.etc.etc.etc. :D

This may not happen with the 'Moonstone' pack ;)

I'm not obsessed ,I am totally F$c£ing nuts if you hadn't noticed :lol:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I used to get one closed 'ordinary wave' set & one to trade & one to open & one to display & one just in case & one for fodder & a couple or so spares.

I now get an extra to compare with the TRU sets which I have one closed & one to trade & one to open etc.etc.etc.etc. :D

This may not happen with the 'Moonstone' pack ;)

I'm not obsessed ,I am totally F$c£ing nuts if you hadn't noticed :lol:

LOL Darn right crazy. I use to get that many mates (3 cases) until they almost knocked me out financially, I couldn't believe it, now down to only one case :( (2-3 of each, 2-3 exclusives, 3 Variants, 3 box sets, 3 promos) What truly got me started in my obsession were these differences in mates and the windowless boxed mates, because you never know what you are going to get.

One day I'll make a pyramid out of minimate boxes.

• 4 weeks later...

The differences between the TRU and AFX Elxclusive Web Armor Spider-Man:

The TRU Web Armor Spider-Man has silver on the top of his body and neck while the AFX one does not (black on top of his body and neck), also the paint job is a tad bit shinier on the TRU minimate and his eye outline is thinner.

The differences between the TRU Venom and the AFX Thunderbolt exclusive Venom:

The TRU Venom has a hole on the top of his head while the AFX Thunderbolt exclusive does not.

Um, what's up with wolverine's eyes here? Is it because it's the TRU version?

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=705

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here.

I was also worried about wolverine's eyes when I had seen the datebase review, however, only some of the TRU figures had this problem, the one I purchased (thank goodness) did not.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another TRU difference:

Wave 28 Wolverine, under the giant red-x belt piece he has a belt printed on his hip piece.

On the TRU version (unless mines an error) it's Blue, on the Wave 28 version it's red.

This made my day since I don't like the belt piece and when I took it off my TRU Wolverine thought "I wish they had made that red instead of blue..."

Are there any/many TRU 'mates that are exactly the same as their 'normal' version? I confess that I haven't opened too many of my TRU packs for direct comparisons . There seems to be a distinct trend developing whereby many seem to be different ....which I quite enjoy as a nut completist.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wave 28 Wolverine, under the giant red-x belt piece he has a belt printed on his hip piece.

On the TRU version (unless mines an error) it's Blue, on the Wave 28 version it's red.

This made my day since I don't like the belt piece and when I took it off my TRU Wolverine thought "I wish they had made that red instead of blue..."

Wave 28 Wolverine for me had hairier arms, an extra pair of "normal" hands in the package, and had both of it's legs articulated with muscle (as opposed to just the right leg for the TRU version).

While the 1st and 3rd difference can be a quality control issue, the extra pair of hands was definitely a plus.

Sabretooth, on the other hand, had a paler yellow hair color in the TRU wave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wave 28 Wolverine for me had hairier arms, an extra pair of "normal" hands in the package, and had both of it's legs articulated with muscle (as opposed to just the right leg for the TRU version).

While the 1st and 3rd difference can be a quality control issue, the extra pair of hands was definitely a plus.

Sabretooth, on the other hand, had a paler yellow hair color in the TRU wave.

All of the above is correct (blue & red belt, hairy arms) but I also noticed that the TRU blue belt has a black crotch, while the wave 28 red belt has a blue crotch.

Plus I will try to do pics of the Kraven to show the differences in color in a few days. (thanks for the tip on how to post pics on here karamazov80)

All of the above is correct (blue & red belt, hairy arms) but I also noticed that the TRU blue belt has a black crotch, while the wave 28 red belt has a blue crotch.

Yeah, I consider them to be 'different' figures because of the crotch piece color differences.

fig0898f2lg.jpg

Series 28

fig0705f2lg.jpg

TRU