UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First hand news from SDCC

Chuck was dressed up like Kang.

Just kidding. That would have been awesome, though.

The panel was actally pretty sedate. There were maybe 50 tops, and it made the room look really empty. Chuck kind of seemed like he would rather have been somewhere else....

Edited by Lobsterman

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

swordsman...??? hmmm I like that idea( to think I was about to make a custom, regardless I'm still making him)but what the heck is a "for example"?

ouch on the storm...but heck I want that molecule man/spiderwoman(i voted for her in the Tru poll).

By my count there's still one more 2-pack for the TRU wave. Maybe Storm will be in that pack.

Chuck was dressed up like Kang.

Just kidding. That would have been awesome, though.

The panel was actally pretty sedate. There were maybe 50 tops, and it made the room look really empty. Chuck kind of seemed like he would rather have been somewhere else....

I hate to hear it was so empty :(

Chuck kind of seemed like he would rather have been somewhere else....

That is genuinely, & without any malice intended or any character assassination.... the way that I remember him from last year's event :)

He probably wanted to get back down to TRU to find a Moonstone set.

I also checked out the Kangconquersforum earlier & everbody is going berserk about the SDCC announcement of the Mysteryman/Murderofcrows AFX exclusive.....it's about time. :blink:

That is genuinely, & without any malice intended or any character assassination.... the way that I remember him from last year's event :)

I also checked out the Kangconquersforum earlier & everbody is going berserk about the SDCC announcement of the Mysteryman/Murderofcrows AFX exclusive.....it's about time. :blink:

about time indeed. Hail Kang!

swordsman...??? hmmm I like that idea( to think I was about to make a custom, regardless I'm still making him)but what the heck is a "for example"?

Because Swordsman would be one of two characters required to finish out the Thunderbolts team, so he's an example of team building. Hopefully this means we'll get him with Songbird soon. I really want to see Ellis' THunderbolts roster finished.

So if the Spider-Woman 2 Secret Wars figure is slightly different than the earlier variant they get around that rule? Like the back in black spidey?

Haha, I love the Silver Age X-Men. Especially Iceman in his rainboots. :D

They look great, even the duck feet actually work for once -- hopefully they won't end up hollowing them out like on the X-Factor Beast they had on display, it made him look like a dwarf. I was kinda hoping they'd make Iceman solid white plastic for this one though, since he was more "snowy" back then...

Bummed not to see mohawk Storm, but I'm not sure what you guys want attendees to actually ask Chuck? He's just gonna say they combined the poll results and she ended up 7th or lower. DST clearly don't consider the AA poll separate or more important, so Storm "winning" there doesn't mean anything. :(

Thanks again, to attendees taking time out to post news.

Edited by battlecat

about time indeed. Hail Kang!

I'll be the one in "Kang Was Right" shirt. Hee hee!

And is there a picture someplace on Actionfigureinternational.com of the Iceman in his little boots? I can't seem to find it... or any mate coverage.

Edited by Mystery Man

Classic X-men, excuse me while I have a geekgasm (Huuhhhgghhh)

Thanks to all for the news and I'm really jealous SDCC seems like a place I may never get to but I would love to even the girlfriend looking at the pictures is becoming tempted.

Wow...i expected...more...All i really care about are the FA X-men set (Yay Jeanie!!) and Julia...no New Caprican Tigh is really upsetting.

This panel sounds like a total dud so far though; that sucks. I really expected a lot more announced for 2010. Looking forward to some in-depth posting and possibly a video or two, but i don't see much more out of this. The lack of attendance is just awful.

Mystery Man: lol, not THAT AFI. The more popular one, Action Figure INSIDER...:lol:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

This panel sounds like a total dud so far though; that sucks. I really expected a lot more announced for 2010. Looking forward to some in-depth posting and possibly a video or two, but i don't see much more out of this. The lack of attendance is just awful.

Perhaps in a world where 'any news' gets related to us instantly 'the panel' will always be an anti-climax . To be fair I'm probably Mr.Cynical on these boards ,I recognise the failings of 'Theythatsupplyus' & they definitely aren't 'up to speed' with many of us here but I can't fault their efforts in bringing home the goods this year......if only they could sort out getting them to us in 2010 ;)

'Cause the human race is lazy, here's the pics:

Thankyou!

What is your profession in the human race again Twisted? :D

X-Men Origins ....I told you so :(

Hey Twisted, being a part of the human race... I take offense to that...you don't like how fast the news gets here...stop being lazy, get off your arse , and go to the con yourself. then you don't have to rely on the lazy folk and get the news first hand.

I am annoyed at a lot of the negativity around here, and am seriously considering giving up participating here. I want to see these pics pretty bad too, but i don't feel i should have to sift through all this whining to do so. sorry to anyone who has to read through my post, but i am surprised at how greedy we as a community have become, with the demands on dst, and fellow collectors, to give us up to the second news...shit, i have wanted a proper angel from day one, but you will not find a post from me demanding we get one. where do we get the nerve these days.

sorry guy/gals, i apologize for the rant, but we are getting news, sorry if its not as much as most of you would like. :(

sorry, nervous

Battlebeasts! Are you kidding me!!!?? I loved those things. I probably had about 100 a few years ago and ended up selling them, playsets and all on eBay. Holy crap, this is awesome. This ties minimates to TFs! I wonder if they'll have the fire/water/wood stickers?

Good news on the normally 2 per case TRU exclusives. I thought the Wonder-Man/Union Jack pack was about right: it could be found with some diligence, but didn't sit too much. Bullseye/Moonstone has been ridiculous.

And Molecule Man and Spider-woman are coming in the next TRU wave? The ones the signs advertise for August? That's pretty quick.

Still, Battle Beasts! :banana:

I've recently been reading the early issues of X-Men. Given that they have been on my mind, this set is really great to see.

post-1827-1248565901_thumb.jpg

It's pretty standard (meaning good) Marvel fare until around the 20's or 30's... when Werner Roth gets on the book. Then it just kind of drags. I buy all the Marvel Masterworks and for me, volumes 3 and 4 (?) were the ones that I had to force myself to read an issue a day.

Yeah, and that one page seems to be isolated--no evidence of this secret love beforehand, and at least for the next 7 issues, no further reference to it. Pretty creepy, huh? :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, and that one page seems to be isolated--no evidence of this secret love beforehand, and at least for the next 7 issues, no further reference to it. Pretty creepy, huh? :lol:

Very! Although Xavier's pretty creepy in the '80s comics I've read too, now that I think about it (that's as far back as I've gone with the X-books)... always mind-wiping people and messing with his students' heads...

Yeah... Xavier loves Jeanie... Glad that went nowhere. I love the old X-Men books. But the prime of the X-Men was the beginning of Clairmont's era: Dark Phoenix, Hellfire Club, Days of Future Past, and let's not forget that he created a good chunk of the X-Men roster that we all know and love. Reading the Essential X-Men trades makes me want X-Men back to that instead of intergalactic wars and a massive mutant cast. Because when I got truly into comics, before I went all-Ultimate, X-Men was the first team I gave up on. Because I had no idea what the f**k was f**king going on.

Anyway.

I love these minimates. Love them all. Seriously. Except Warpath. Never liked the character. Though he does look badass. If I get him, he's going to become a menace for my Minis because he looks kinda evil. And I probably will get him for Angel...

Well it looks like a productive year is coming for us.

Bring it on.