UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First hand news from SDCC

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else notice the price increase on the TRU sign? They've been $6.99.

Suggests to me that they are selling enough to warrant this. So, I'll take the bad with the good :buttrock:

My only complaint? What is this? Angle has had 6 releases now? 7? 8? Enough! I was happy with the 2 that we got in the Apocalypse wave.

Pay no attention to this man, DST! We want more Angel than Spiderman variants before all is said and done. Angel rocks!

Edited by karamazov80

That crocodile is absolutely hideous. :sick: I'll possibly get it for the armor, it could pull off a good 2000 A.D custom. The guard is alright, nothing too special. But the "playset" is a huge miss, I'll pass on it.

A new Origins wave is a total downer. Those 4 look more like they will come in a set together or something, as a wave they look awful. The other Origins Wave didn't sell much as is.

And I think waves 29, 31/32 are a waste of space. In my opinion there are just 4 good figures to get. I think with most characters people wanted out already, there isn't much more they can do after 32. I'd love an all villains or all female heroes/villains wave. I was more hoping for a Hood, Wrecking Crew, and Kang, but oh well.

At least the X-Factor set is pretty damn sweet. :D I was hoping for a good version of their X-Factor counterparts sooner or later. That's a definite buy.

edit: Are they selling the T-Bolts mates there? Just wondering since I haven't heard about it yet.

Edited by McDurg

And I think waves 29, 31/32 are a waste of space. In my opinion there are just 4 good figures to get. I think with most characters people wanted out already, there isn't much more they can do after 32.

You might be alone in that opinion.

Are they selling the T-Bolts mates there? Just wondering since I haven't heard about it yet.

On a side note, Customs delayed AFXs shipment and their Minimates won't show up until later in the week. (Friday I think?) So no Thunderbolts, Champions, or Cyberdyne sets until then.

Many thanks to Ivan for the pictures. Now that I have a few more moments to write, here's my rambling thoughts:

- So Wolverine Origins gets a second wave? how are they going to put them on the pegs when the first wave is still hanging around at my TRU?

- Seriously, with only three 2-packs shown and since TRU usually has 5 2-packs per wave, I think we're going to see some more additions to this wave. Whether that's more movie characters or more mutants from the regular line, we'll see.

- X-Factor looks great. Makes me excited for the Classic X-Men set to be seen.

- While I do appreciate the fact that I can get the full line-up for both the X-Factor and Classic X-Men teams (how many teams can we say that for?), having to get a TRU exclusive and a variant to do it is kinda crappy.

- Armored alligator looks cool. Cool enough I might buy the set just for him. Would love to see a wave of animal-people Minimates developed.

- I love Titanium Man. If someone were to steal him out of the display case and send him to me for sums of money, let me know. Quietly.

I am completely loving all of these mates! Well, except for the Wolvie Origins stuff, those are pass for me. That alligator guy totaly looks like a Battle Beast, and I loved those things as a kid. It also reminds me of characters from the Elephantmen comics. I hope I can get my hands on one of those GB blanks, that thing is sweet. Gah, I wish I was at SDCC! And thank you Ivan, the pics are great.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

And I think waves 29, 31/32 are a waste of space. In my opinion there are just 4 good figures to get. I think with most characters people wanted out already, there isn't much more they can do after 32.

You might be alone in that opinion.

Yeah, I know. :P

But I'm a sucker for villains, and one of the few villains in the waves is the godawful classic Titanium Man, and Scorpion looks like hell without a slip on mask. It'll just make his head look tiny, like the T-Bolts Gargan.

I wonder why the masks weren't used for a few people.

That 'croc' is very very interesting *snip*

Yeah, I thought that powersuit might catch your eye. I know it did mine. Might have to buy an army of those guys....

And X-Factor Beast has fists worthy of Hulk! All Hulks need to be updated with those hands.

Edited by Cappy

whoa new iceman!!!

that croc looks awesome!!!, maybe a good custom for leatherhead(tmnt villain)

don't really care about a new wolverine origins wave 2

Gb is awesome as always

once again marvel series are awesome, i'm not buying all but I can't wait for the ones i want!

can't wait for what's next

Thanks Ivan for these fantastic pics!

Edited by SErge

Wow......I am speechless...mainly at the X-factor set...okay, at X-factor Jean!! GOD!! :P

Holy crap this is a lot of news (we have 27 members just on this thread!! :jawdrop:). I LOVE the X-factor set!! That is the definition of awsomeness so far for me. I finally get a new Scott which i LOVE (he looks great here, 'specially with the new glasses/hair combo) but i get X-factor JEAN GREY!!! I thought they'd go red and yellow, but green looks so much better. Shame about Angel, though; i don't want to have track him down at TRU just to complete the team.

Oh boy. Another Origins WAVE. Seriously, WTF?? I get it; you said you weren't done with it. So not being done is giving us ANOTHER TWO Wolverines (holy crap...it's our FIRST BD Logan!!!!!!!!!!!), both of which are pointless?? How long was he in the Civil War outfit, two seconds of flashbacks?? And do we really need another wife-beater Logan?? I actually like Barakapool; i think it's the angriness in the eyes...it just works. Gambit we don't have a clear pic of, but he looks like he kind of sucks...where the hell are Wraith, Scott, and Emma?!?!?! Okay, so Scott and Emma aren't gonna be made, but where's WRAITH?!?!

I loled so hard at the Armed Guard and Armed Alligator...if this is where minimates are headed...i'm scared. They look ridiculous. Easy Robocop quick-custom though. :lol:

Seriously, so far it's the greatest Con ever for minimates. X-factor is by far today's stand-out epic set of all, and i hope to see one more Jeanie and Scott paring by the end of it.

EDIT: Can someone get a pic of the release dat efor the X=factor box set?? I can see it's AFX, but i don't want Angel to com out before the rest. Thanks!!!!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

That 'croc' is very very interesting *snip*

Yeah, I thought that powersuit might catch your eye. I know it did mine. Might have to buy an army of those guys....

And X-Factor Beast has fists worthy of Hulk! All Hulks need to be updated with those hands.

Isn't the upcoming Ultimate Hulk gonna have those big ass hands?

The Duck feet actually make some sense with Beast, in my opinion. Thanks for pics, Ivan

Thanks for all the news and pics Ivan!

I was going over the X-Factor pics and noticed that the duck feet on beast appear to be modified in that they slip over the leg a bit as opposed to just going on the end of the leg like a regular foot....this gives beast the extra bulky foot like he should have without giving him any extra height...great work DST!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Thanks Ivan for the great pics!

Whover doesnt want all the Angels, I will gladly take them! I have been waiting for the feathered wings version since minimates began...It was literally the first custom minimate I did, and couldn't be more relieved he is getting the right treatment. For me, the metal wings was just a tease for me, I hate those wings, and felt sick when he had them.I don't know which is my favorite, might be the white "X" version.

Love the Captain Marvel, hope that Genis is not far behind...and the Kree warrior will probably be the only minimate I army build..

Love the new cyclops, hope the blue and white "X" will be made. Captain Britain looks great to, would like to see the 70's version of this.

cant wait to see whats next!

and wait...battle beasts? that was my first thought when i saw croccy

On the bright side, anyone who intends to army-build the mates of Generic Soldier Guy and "Battle Beasts" Croc Guy would have enough lab playset parts to build a small city. Of course that would depend on the set's actual price. And should anyone want to dispose of the lab sets should they prove to be mediocre... erm, they can always send them to me :whistling:

Personally it amuses me that we're seeing these peculiar "non-licensed" Minimate hybrids now. If the mini-scaled playsets have enough of a future at retail (big "if" here), one can only wonder what other weird 'mates will come with them... If we ever get a generic "Warehouse Where The Villains Hide Out" set, I'd love to see a generic Thug That Looks Like A Bulldog Minimate :P

can anyone get more pics of the new wolvie wave?and anyone notice kitty/shadowcat has the same arms as the new jim lee storm?you know the top part looks scrunched up,well i noticed its a slip on.

oh and dare i say angel is becoming the new wolvie?

all look good in favt great minus one and im sure its been said deadpool

although the detail on deadpools chest and face and everything is amazing one thing i dont like is the claws they seem to have gone with the flimsy old wolverine styled claws instead of the new fairly thick and non flimsy new claws used by the movie wolverine

also has any one got a good pick of gambit icant see him also the lab and the armored guys with it thanks and

see ya

It's still pretty early into the con and most of these pics are from those boardies who actually went all the way to San Diego for it, hopefully we'll get better pics of everything after a little more time.

oh and dare i say angel is becoming the new wolvie?

Nah... he's just the new Tony Stark ;)

In hindsight I guess it would make sense that they'd want to get a lot of mileage out of Angel's improved "feathered wings" sculpt. The focus on him does seem pretty skewed though, especially since we're still short of a few essential X-Men as far as new characters AND reissues go: Rogue and Nightcrawler could use an update as well as Professor X (is that danged yellow hoverchair still covered by the vehicle clause?), and we're still missing Banshee, Sunfire, Jubilee...

(Sorry, I know I'm not helping)