UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

First hand news from SDCC

Hello from SDCC. Just got into the convention center for Preview Night and started looking through the events guide where I found the DST advertisement. (Page 171 if you're interested.) They are giving away the AA and DST blanks each day at noon. At least I'll finally be able to get a set of those now.

It also mentions a new promo blank featuring the Ghostbusters logo. It looks like the Minimate is black, but that might be deceiving because the ad itself is only black and white. According to the copy it will come free with any GB purchase.

I'm working on uploading a photo, but the free Wifi keeps dropping. The Exhibitor Hall doesn't open for a couple hours so I'll keep trying.

Cheers.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Thank you, Ivan, for being our man-on-the-scene.

2) Huzzah! The picture worked.

3) Okay, any and all con-goers, I need that GB blank (as with all blanks). And Danny is right, it's going to be a bear to acquire.

4) Modefan, the con hasn't officially started yet. I wouldn't bank on that being the only new promo 'mate. Just sayin', is all.

Edited by Cappy

I just got back to my hotel and can tell you I got the GB minimate with my purcahse. I got the Wolverine through the ages set (was surprised to see it hanging there), the GB video game mates (bought one extra set to trade and I got an extra General John Connor to trade too). They had waves 29-32 on display, They had an X-Factor set and I can't remember everything there was but there was a Beast in that set, there was also the Wolverine Origins TRU wave two which includes a Deadpool and a Gambit with some other Wolvies and then an Angel with somone else (I will remember to take pics tomorrow). Then they had the playset on display with the two minimates and the animal is a Crocodile looking thing with armor. They had GB wave 2 on display too and they looked cool as well as Infinity gauntlet. My mind is still racing from all the new stuff I saw that I am having trouble remembering it all! I'm sure Ivan can fill in on anything I left out.

It's times like this that i curse living in Oz.

So which is worse, living in Aus and never having seen SDCC first hand or to have lived in San Diego for a several years/being within walking distance of SDCC then moving 1200m away and missing out on this years con knowing how much fun seeing this stuff first hand is!

T.

I just got back to my hotel and can tell you I got the GB minimate with my purcahse. I got the Wolverine through the ages set (was surprised to see it hanging there), the GB video game mates (bought one extra set to trade and I got an extra General John Connor to trade too). They had waves 29-32 on display, They had an X-Factor set and I can't remember everything there was but there was a Beast in that set, there was also the Wolverine Origins TRU wave two which includes a Deadpool and a Gambit with some other Wolvies and then an Angel with somone else (I will remember to take pics tomorrow). Then they had the playset on display with the two minimates and the animal is a Crocodile looking thing with armor. They had GB wave 2 on display too and they looked cool as well as Infinity gauntlet. My mind is still racing from all the new stuff I saw that I am having trouble remembering it all! I'm sure Ivan can fill in on anything I left out.

Wolverine Origins wave two? I just died a little inside.

So which is worse, living in Aus and never having seen SDCC first hand or to have lived in San Diego for a several years/being within walking distance of SDCC then moving 1200m away and missing out on this years con knowing how much fun seeing this stuff first hand is!

T.

True, but living in Aus also makes it harder to get normal mates let alone TRU stuff just as much as SDCC stuff :)

T.

True, but living in Aus also makes it harder to get normal mates let alone TRU stuff just as much as SDCC stuff :)

Yeah but atleast you have money with a platypus on it.