UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Questions at SDCC

I'll be at the minimate panel, circling the DST booth, and shadowing the DST staff as much as possible. The question is, when we have the opportunity, what do we want to ask DST about thats minimate related. I'm suprised I haven't see a similar thread yet. Here is whats on the top of the list.

1. Who will Kang be packaged with in wave 34?

2. Street Fighter?

3. Whats the street date for the new resident evil mates?

4. Speed Racer?

5. Can you give us a lineup hint for the next 3 or so "Bring on the bad guys" box sets?

6. Kellogs?

I will also bring up the fact the we have entirely too few spider-man mates and we can use at least one in every set. Wave 31 for example could use at least 1 more.

So what do I ask when I get there. Now is your chance to have a lunatic get the answers YOU crave.

Edited by arnim zola

Please ask him to release future non-repack TRU exclusives (like Bullseye/Moonstone) 1 per every 4 or 5 cases. These were just way too easy to get. Nothing like the hunt!

I second this one. Of course, even if these had been hard to find for people at least gas is dirt cheap to help driving around finding them. And TRU is so helpful in finding these for people too. :angry:

Also, is there any progress on the Star Trek line coming back soon?

Edited by groundhog7s

:D im going to sdcc but im not sure ill be able to ask them anything

so heres my questions

will there be any marvel playsets

KANG?

please bring dc back

more gb2

thats all i have thanks for listening

Ask Chuck/Matt WTF happened with the distribution of wave 25 and online stores?

Also ask them how much wood... ahh never mind!

T.

p.s. I can answer 90% of the other questions in this thread without having to go to DST again! ( although some of them will be funny and they will roll their eyes hearing the same thing over and over!)

I think instead of asking DST about DC mates, everyone that goes to SDCC should bug the people at DC Direct about them. And you can also tell them that Blammoids are stupid when you're there.

Now there's a Sensible question and one that those going to the show should get behind!

T.

i think DCD should learn how popular the DC mates really are...I know it is a dead line and there isnt a whole lot of point in mentioning this, but if you watch this video:

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/vide...29519#playerTop

which was recorded this week, you can see that the Executive Editor of DC has DC minimates sitting on his shelf during the clip.

Ask about the possibility of releasing that Mark II Viper for the BSG miniflyers line.

Also, I'll probably get my ass kicked for this but maybe someone can ask if DST has ever considered extending Minimates to the "designer art toys" market. It's an idea, albeit one toeing the "fad" line what with stuff like Bearbrick and Kidrobot still out there.

As far as reviving DC Minimates is concerned, like any other fan out there I would love to be there for the line's triumphant return. But I guess it's already been said that the people currently carrying the future of the line in their hands are a pretty dense bunch. I don't know how to respond to their saying the DC Direct mates "didn't meet expectations", but I'm STILL having a hard time trying to complete the series (right now Waves 1 and 8 are my most elusive targets/biggest headaches). I remain hopeful that DC minimates can return one way or another, but for now I'm still stuck on the hunt for my own friggin' Harley Quinn mate.

I'd love if someone could ask about any concrete news on more Back To The Future mates...

They keep saying "maybe" on the blog, and I keep dreaming of a Radioactivity Suit Marty/Einstein 2-pack :nuke::yes:

Also, thanks in advance to anyone who posts panel news for all of us who can't make it!

They keep saying "maybe" on the blog, and I keep dreaming of a Radioactivity Suit Marty/Einstein 2-pack :nuke::yes:

Heck, we never even got a Doc Brown with white jump suit and radiation symbol on his back, and that is probably his best known outfit. C'mon DST. Milk this thing some more!