UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Laboratory Playset revealed

Blimey, TRU are buying any old Minimates tat now! I can't believe how bad that picture looks.

$29.99 for that, I just can't see them shifting any. Also it doesn't say what the 2 exclusives are, be interesting to see if they are still security guard and the gator.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though in some ways it's not surprising, it sounds like the playset is dead. I'm sure TRU.com just hasn't caught up with the cancellation.

It looks like the corpses of of dead minimate lines like Ghost Rider, Rocky 3, 24 Season 3, Godfather & Beverly Hills Cop now have a tomb.

i'm pretty sure that's just a different way to configure the set, probably just showing it off a bit.

doubt it'll be coming to TRU too, but even if it does i'm passing on that steep-as-hell $30 price tag. go get a cardboard box from walmart and cut it up/paint it fancy for about $7, screw the "exclusive" mates.

In case anyone was holding out hope that TRU would be the savior of this, the set went to a 'back-ordered' status this morning and has now disappeared off of the site completely it seems. I'm sure we'll see the mates shown some other time some other way, but I doubt the lab will return.

Be interesting to know for sure if it was retailer interest or production issues that killed it.

Im really going to show my age, but i remember having a cardboard bat cave from the mego collection when i was a little kid, and i had great fun with it. granted it was 30 years ago...good christ i am old but the lab set really reminded me of it and I for one was really looking forward to it... sad to see it go

moc847

Im really going to show my age, but i remember having a cardboard bat cave from the mego collection when i was a little kid, and i had great fun with it. granted it was 30 years ago...good christ i am old but the lab set really reminded me of it and I for one was really looking forward to it... sad to see it go

moc847

I had one of those. Ah, Megos. Batman and Spider-Man zipping out the faux 'cave in' enterance in the big black and red Batmobile. The near constant search for Peguine and Joker's tiny shoes. The heroic mittens! Good times. The laminated cadboard shell of that thing is still intact in my attic so it's not like it was flimsily built. (Batpole, computer and vinyl matt are long, long gone, to where ever Peguine's shoes went) Apparently though, how you build one of those has become a lost art.