UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still nope, the X-Factor Angel was a TRU exclusive and it came with Warpath. (Now you understand why people are still upset over that one.)

I think the blue Angel is just... regular X-Men Angel when he's not in his blue-and-wing-stabby mode?

Miry?

Still nope, the X-Factor Angel was a TRU exclusive and it came with Warpath. (Now you understand why people are still upset over that one.)

I think the blue Angel is just... regular X-Men Angel when he's not in his blue-and-wing-stabby mode?

Miry?

Regular Angel. Warren put on a similar suit at the end of his first X-Men tenure, and spent most of his time between non-X-teams, (Champions and Defenders) alternating between this and the same costume design in red and white. It's also a costume he returned to once he was restored to "normal".

X-Factor Angel is the red costume with a big white X across his torso.

X-Force Angel, or Archangel is the same basic look as the "Death Archangel" released in wave 20, but substitute the blue for black, and the pink detailing with steel grey. Considering it's essentially a big repaint, I'll be surprised if it doesn't show up in a future wave.

i hope that one is in the works. Imagine an X-Force pack of Wolverine, X-23, repainted Warpath & Archangel followed by a Elixer & Vanisher or Wolfsbane two pack. It basically sells itself.

This entry from uncannyxmen.net has a run-down on Angel's various costumes. It hasn't been updated in several years, but you get the picture. His similar blue and red outfits are his kind of go-to, generic, all-purpose outfits. Kind of like khakis. When I think of his look in the Defenders, I think of the red suit with white gloves and boots. Edited by Turtle

Oh my gosh, I love this bit:

Shortly before the Champions had their first press conference, Warren’s costume was torn in a fight. His agent tried to replace it but, by accident, he came up with a version of the Angel’s former costume and the colors were wrong too. [Champions #8] As time was of the essence, Warren had no choice but to wear it, and eventually came to like it. While he was serving the Champions and later on helping out the X-Men, he wore the outfit with yellow gloves and boots.

So the two similar costumes were due to an in-story coloring error! Bwahahaha!

Does anyone else's Cable's head fall off really easily? It seems like the chest piece is a little too thick for his neck and thus his head can't clamp down on the neck piece adequately. I'm wondering if I should take it back or if this is how they all are. Also the hair piece on my Titanium man is not very tight. These are the first issues I've ever had with minimates and they both came at the same time. :blink:

Does anyone else's Cable's head fall off really easily? It seems like the chest piece is a little too thick for his neck and thus his head can't clamp down on the neck piece adequately. I'm wondering if I should take it back or if this is how they all are. Also the hair piece on my Titanium man is not very tight. These are the first issues I've ever had with minimates and they both came at the same time. :blink:

I bought a case of these and all the Titanium Man hair pieces are a loose fit. You can literally spin his hair around his head.

As for the Cable problem, it's his vest. The chest block won't fit in the slot properly. Have a look see inside the vest and determine which corner is giving you problems. After finding the problem area, cut away carefully with a hobby knife until the chest block fits it nicely. Don't worry about cutting up the inside of the vest. No one, including Cable, will know it was modified. Hope this helps.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I appreciate the help. It seems rather silly that they would let something like this out of the factory though. Oh well I guess?

To add to the misadventure I've just noticed that Cable is missing a little gun that attaches to the back of his chest piece... What's my best bet for getting that sorted? Is Art Asylum any good at mailing something that menial to customers?

I'll say that overall, these series and the X-Men/X-Factor boxed sets had the most Minimates with loosest fitting parts I've ever had. Most of my X-Men (including the Angels) had there gloves fall off inthe package or right out of it and there were other issues with hair pieces and other parts. Am I the only one?

I'll say that overall, these series and the X-Men/X-Factor boxed sets had the most Minimates with loosest fitting parts I've ever had. Most of my X-Men (including the Angels) had there gloves fall off inthe package or right out of it and there were other issues with hair pieces and other parts. Am I the only one?

Nope! All of my FA X-Men's hands fall off every time I touch them...

Same here, sadly. Not only their gloves, and boots, but masks as well. Cyclops and Jean's masks tend to get knocked sideways whenever I look at them funny. However, my wave 31 figures seem fine. Can't speak much to wave 32, as apart from the Kree guys I don't generally care for them, and have pretty much have left them where I put them right after taking them out of the box.

Well, I just opened a package from Cornerstone Comics that was supposed to have an extra set of wave 31 for me, but was actually wave 32. I checked and I ordered the wrong one and now they're sold out.

So, if anyone wants to trade a Multiple Man for one of my extra Kree, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Edited by groundhog7s

That sucks. I still think there needs to be an army builder in EVERY tru wave, even older army builders. I can always go for more skrulls, Hydra, multiple men, etc. Make a 4-per case pack of Skrull/Kree or AIM/Hydra, and I'll gladly take 2 cases worth off their hands.

please, oh please... let me give you all my money... all I ask is a little plastic in return...

• 2 weeks later...
Silver Age Angel is going the way of the TRU X-Factor Angel & in a minute those (BBTS) will seem like a cheap wave.

Anybody else finding it ironic that Angel, a character that can't even manage to maintain his presence in an X-book for very long before being written out, suddenly is "the" minimate to find these days?