UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BHM put it best in his earlier post. If you fail to buy these now for the reasonable prices they go for, don't be surprised when they go even higher later. I missed out on the BTTF 2 set when it was $7 (!), and now it's $50+. If you want the Angel variant, I would suggest you trying to find the money now rather than waiting to find a cheaper one (because it probably isn't coming).

BBTS/Cornerstore are your friends.

Indeed they are. Wish I had ordered extra sets of series 28 when I had the chance. Would have liked to have had more Skrulls, and having the extra Deadpools for trade would have come in handy as well.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

Too late. *gun cocks*

(Someone here mentioned the similar variant mix-up that apparently happened with Wave 9 Iceman. Almost makes me long for the good ol' days when wave variants were just slightly-modified versions of the regular figure. Is that sad or what?)

I'm only trying to shout 'FIRE' before the house burns down but I may well be fanning the flames.....

AFX are showing 'nothing' for Wave 31 whilst CSC & BBTS are showing very,very few. They may well restock :ermm:

Please don't shoot the messenger.

can ye learn some of us sumptin' new? How do you know about the "very, very few"? I see on BBTS "only substandard available"... I gues that inficates they don't have a lot left?

Now, on a semi-related note, now that X-Factor Angel has been on the endangered species list for a while (since series 5 started hitting stores), and now SA Angel is offically joining him, I wonder how long before AFX runs the promotion "Buy a Hostile Takeover set, get an X-Men pack for free"?

can ye learn some of us sumptin' new? How do you know about the "very, very few"? I see on BBTS "only substandard available"... I gues that inficates they don't have a lot left?

See, I've never bought anything off of BBTS before but I always figured that "only substandard available" meant that they sold so many of the sets that they were now down to the leftover ones that looked like they were punched to death with golf cleats... metaphorically speaking, of course.

You do have a point about the AFX X-Men boxsets being in serious trouble on a marketing perspective though. :unsure:

I can't 'learn' you anything but I can happily 'teach' you ;) CSC & BBTS both have inventory stock-levels that you can hack into quite simply..............choose an item that you wish to order & 'update' your requirement to a highly fictitious amount...100 for example. The 'update' will show you the amount in stock according to their inventory.

Rocket Science it is not.

FYI, though there is no guarantee here of course, I have ordered "substandard" packaging from BBTS in the past and received figures in seemingly flawless condition. I have also seen "standard" figures appear all beat to hell.

--edit: BBTS currently has 7 sets of wave 31 in stock, and CSC has 5. . .--

Edited by karamazov80

It had not properly dawned on me that the Angel from the Warpath set is the one 'for' the X-Factor set :ohmy: I had assumed that our 3 packed variant Angel 'made' that set....what a balls up :angry:

I wouldn't be true to myself if I didn't say that although I respect Chuck's motives for posting I learned nothing from it .......except one thing .......Chinese New Year is February 14 ..........

.......& I had to google that myself :huh:

The speculation continues therefore but my hunch is that we'll get an Angel 2 pack in some shape or form eventually.

Well, just for fun, I went to AFX and added 200 sets of series 32 to my cart... no problem at all! Then I changed my order to 400, then 600, then 800... no problem at all! At least there are plenty of Giant Man variants available!

Go back & read my post....... did I mention AFX with regards to hacking ?? No.

I based my observation that AFX haven't got any Wave 31 by the fact that Wave 31 doesn't appear on their site :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Well, just for fun, I went to AFX and added 200 sets of series 32 to my cart... no problem at all! Then I changed my order to 400, then 600, then 800... no problem at all! At least there are plenty of Giant Man variants available!

Go back & read my post....... did I mention AFX with regards to hacking ?? No.

I based my observation that AFX haven't got any Wave 31 by the fact that Wave 31 doesn't appear on their site :rolleyes:

yeah, I know you're post did not include AFX... sorry if my post implied that I misread yours. AFX isn't even selling cases of 31 on ebay anymore, so I figured they were out... I was just seeing if AFX worked the same way as the others.

Thank You for taking the time today, Chuck, to give us some official word. No it wasn't a surprising, or informative answer, but I do appreciate the honesty of it all the way around. So as one of the guys who were asking for that, I truly do appreciate you delivering.

Hey Chuck,

Just read your post. Thanx for touching base with the MMMV & letting us know about the error.

I think most people knew what the answer was going to be, but it means something to actually have it addressed by the AA/DST team, and it's especially comforting/flattering to have you make the effort to talk about it here on the boards.

Much appreciated.

Nessex.

• 2 weeks later...

No to (intentionally) necro this thread, but figured I'd let folks know. BBTS is sold out, CSC has 4 sets left. AFX was sold out previously, as was Stuckakid. SciFi genre sells the SA Angel set separately, but there may be some sticker-shock.

Hope this info helps somebody.