Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just experienced a first for me:

DSCN2365.jpg

Not that I was chomping at the bit to get "Extreme" Iron Man and Titanium Man, but I sure as heck didn't want an extra Liefeld Cable and X-23 :sick:

Of all the sets in that wave to get doubles of.

Ouch

That hurts to see.

So who did you call to fix it, the retailer or DST directly?

Does anyone know, or notice a difference with the Black Bolt from the TRU wave, and the one from Series 31? Just wondering.

I have the TRU and regular wave black bolt and didn't notice a difference between the two. No difference between the two Captain Marvel's, Iron Man, or Titanium man either.

Does anyone know, or notice a difference with the Black Bolt from the TRU wave, and the one from Series 31? Just wondering.

I have the TRU and regular wave black bolt and didn't notice a difference between the two. No difference between the two Captain Marvel's, Iron Man, or Titanium man either.

Thanks. That means my TRU BB & CM are going back to the store.

Excellent picture! That's how I've displayed mine before as well, and I love that we've got all these great characters.

A suggestion... if you don't like that Thor face (I didn't), I've found that the Cap. America from the Nick Fury set looks really good with it. So does the original Cap face from series 5, but you have to drill a hole in the head.

All in all, great set up! Here's hoping we get an original Wonder Man, Mantis, Swordsman, Falcon, Black Knight and a few others soon!

Other thoughts on this wave since I just got 'em:

- Neat that they included the original symbol for Multiple Man, but it's too bad they didn't include a mask and legs as well so those of us with more classic sensibilities could've created that version. This is the same "almost so close but not quite" that I experienced with Radioactive Man and even Nova. Ah well.

- Did anybody else change out the Kree soldiers' face for a Captain Marvel? The latest Black Spider-Man face looks good under the mask. And if you're also so clasically inclined, remove the gunbelt and add the Jogger Ghost's wristwatch to create his portable Unibeam (see Captain Marvel in Marvel Super-Heroes #13, 1968).

-Still a bummer that Goliath didn't come with a big chest piece. I'm sure I'm not the first one to post about this but it sure does stink.

-Yeah, Yellowjacket's mask is a shame... otherwise, such a great looking figure.

-Black Bolt sure does need some more Inhumans to go with him. Has anybody found a way to non-paint a custom of Medusa? All we need is a fuschia body and a masked female face and some long red hair from earlier figures. Man... I wish they made 'em.

All in all, a great couple of sets, even with the flaws.

Edited by Mystery Man

Thanks. I agree that we need more--Black Knight, Falcon, Mockingbird, Tigra, Quasar, Hellcat, Jack of Hearts (who I don't know much about as a character, but who could make for a fantastic looking Minimate)! But it is pretty great that we have so many classic Avengers team members at this point.

Absolutly agree we need another Avengers centered wave/set.

If I were picking, I'd put the Black Knight, Falcon, Mockingbird and Moondragon in there. And the Grim Reaper, who would look awsome as a minimate. I'd say Kang too, but I believe Chuck's made it clear they heard us, but they don't plan to do anything about it right now.

Rick Jones deserves a minimate. Yeah I know he's technically a civilian, and civillians don't traditionally sell well. But he's the most important civilian in the 616 and deserves a minimate.

On Goliath, for most of his time in that costume, he was stuck at 10ft. Couldn't get any bigger, couldn't get smaller. Cause Hank didn't have anything to feel glum about and he needed some angst. For me, the lack of PH chest sort of well represents this not that big phase of Pym's powers. Now you make Goliath in red and blue, and he needs the PH chest.

My gripe with Yellowjacket, in addition to the odd paint, is simply with their choice of mask. Purely personal choice, but I prefer the YJ mask with the goggles than without. Otherwise I'm just tickled to have a YJ minimate. (now we need the blue white Goliath, the Gi-Ant Man look from Avengers v3 #1, Dr. Pym, the Gathers era Giant Man, a Barton Gloiath...)

I'm pretty sure I've done a quick bio on Jack of Hearts once before, but as 'of' is below 4 charaters, it makes searching for it difficut.

Edited by Mirymate

Okay, these waves finally showed up at our LCS, managed to get all of them except the Goliath pack and (surprise surprise!) Silver-Age Angel. I ended up paying the variant price for blue Angel, but managed to convince the store to set aside Silver for me when they restock AND charge me regular for it.

On that note, I absolutely love the army builders for these waves. It's a travesty that my Skrulls still outnumber my Kree, and I've really warmed up to the new-and-improved Multiple Man :D

And frankly I find the boot-top sculpts used for Capt Britain and Cable a bit unwieldy, I still prefer them in the style used on Gambit and Thunderbolts Norman Osborn.

I'm pretty sure I've done a quick bio on Jack of Hearts once before, but as 'of' is below 4 charaters, it makes searching for it difficut.

Let me help you out there buddy...

In short, he was one of those minor characters with a cool costume, but who never really caught on despite chance after chance. Jack's got one of those multiple retconned origns that's hard to sum up, but I'll give it a go: Jack may or may not have been an alien human hybrid, but in any case, his father was a scientist, Jack got caught in one of his experiments, turned have his body black and gave him energy powers that Jack could not completely control. So a he got a computer brain implant, and a suit of containment armor, niether of which ever completely helped. Jack did a stint as Iron Man's sidekick, before deciding he was too dangerous to stay on earth and wandered the universe having adventures. He saved some worlds, buddied with the Surfer, spent some time as the Stranger's lab rat, and all the other things that semi-cosmic tyes without a book of their own do. Eventually he wandered his way back to Earth and assisted the Avengers on a case. As they were want to do in the good ol' days, they invited Jack to join after he proved moderately useful. Unfortunatly Jack's powers continued to grow unstable, and he eventually went boom in near space. Wanda zombiefied him and brought him back to the mansion to explode again.

;)

I do believe two Avengers series in a row would be the best idea ever.

Rick Jones/Kang

Mockingbird/Black Knight

Moondragon/Quasar

variant: original Wonder Man/Kang

Swordsman/Mantis

Falcon/Grim Reaper (Falc would have parts for the classic white/red as well as the modern version)

Tigra/Jack of Hearts

variant: green/orange 1st appearance Falcon

One problem, MM, no army builders. What army buidlers fit into an Avengers wave that haven't already been done? Easy- Mandroids and Lava Men. Yes, I said Lava Men.

The problem is I like all of your sets, and have no idea who I'd cut to make room. So clearly we need another wave and maybe a couple of bigger names.

Rick Jones / Kang

Mockingbird / Black Knight

Falcon classic / Lava Man

Falcon green / Lava Man

Swordsman/Mantis

Heros Return armor Iron Man / Jack of Hearts

Grim Reaper / Mandroid

Zombie Grim Reaper / Mandroid

Moondragon / Quasar

Tigra / Starfox

Battle Armor Thor / Atlantean

Frog Thor / Atlantean

And thx, NR. You Da Ma... er... Woman!

Edited by Mirymate

You could also do generic Shi'ar troops, which could look cool.

Figured we could save those for a future X-themed wave.

Odds are that we're going to run out of army builder ideas before we run out of Marvel waves (we damn well better, anyway). Probably too soon to start now, but I hope we see revisits of old army builders in new waves. It gives us a chance to build a good size army. It could actually work, since a lot of the random peon characters have undergone wardrobe changes over the years. Plus, we get girl versions of some of our Krees and Skrulls, etc. This would also solve the problem of "we've used all the random villains that would ordinarily fight the Avengers, so what do we do now?"

i dont know if its just me but has anyone noticed the the kree soldier unmasked looks somewhat like keanu reeves?or is it just me

The Kree Soldier looks wooden and out of place in period costume dramas?

Edited by Nessex