UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furbies, Mogwai, all part of the same genus of freaky sentient furballs hellbent on taking over the universe through sheer force of numbers. (They're also evolved from Tribbles.)

To get back on topic somehow: has anyone reached that point when they'd buy the variant pack just for the army-builder? Talk about dramatic reversal.

Furbies, Mogwai, all part of the same genus of freaky sentient furballs hellbent on taking over the universe through sheer force of numbers. (They're also evolved from Tribbles.)

To get back on topic somehow: has anyone reached that point when they'd buy the variant pack just for the army-builder? Talk about dramatic reversal.

Yes, I would, in the case of the Soldier Wolverine/Hydra... can always use an extra soldier, but don't need any more X-Force Wolverines.

(does anyone have an army of Madri yet?)

I only have 4 so far:

DSCN3469.jpg

I plan to get at least 6 more, and give the coatless one the "M" tattoo over his eye.

I could only afford to get one of the Kree packs my LCS had/has on hold for me, but I bought all the Angel packs that were there...

Edited by TENIME_art

hey, i apologize in advance if this question has already been asked during this thread, but could somebody tell me what era angel's blue "variant" uniform is from? when did it first show up in comics? ( i'm thinking the early to mid 80s, but i'm not sure...)

That's my cue B)

Angle started wearing that suit around the late 60's/early 70's. Or wore a suit very much like the 'variant' outfit. Originally the boots were blue as well and the whole suit was a darker shade. There's been some debate over wether or not Warren ever actually wore this outfit with white boots. During the early to mid 80's Angel was wearing the outfit from the Champs boxed set, but ditched the yellow gloves and boots for matching white. But then, Angel jumped from series to series a lot during this time as teams he'd join would go under and spent as much time guest-starring in other peoples books as anything else. I have an image in my head of Angel wearing the costume that this minimate shows, in a non-X book, but can't find it in my stuff. Anway, when Warren stopped wearing his blue/pink Apocolypse costume after becoming Archangel, he would alternate between the red and blue versions of this design sans cowl, and that blue suit definitly has the white boots.

Oddly enough, officially this is the second time Warren, in that costume, has been called the variant. Officially anyway.

Curious...did anyone else get a Kree soldier's mask with a messed up paint job?

The paint seems to be fine with me, I find the mask to be a little to loose for my taste. The same goes for Giant man's slip on mask.

A loose slip on mask? Considering some of the tricks I've had to do in recent months to remove those I'm not sure I'd personally find that a problem.

thanks for the info, bro. hot damn, you certainly have your marvel trivia down cold. right on, right on! ;)

I just had my set of these delivered to my office and I'm pretty impressed by them all (although I haven't been able to open them yet). Neither wave has any standout characters for me, but I love how they flesh out the Marvel U a little more. I guess my favorite part about these is how quickly they came out after the last wave. I remember how a January ship date seemed impossible when the last two waves came out delayed. Very cool overall.

Edited by groundhog7s

Just as a related side-question:

Has anyone who ordered these from Cornerstore Comics heard from them yet?

I ordered waves 29, 30, 31, 32 & The Infinity Gauntlet Boxed set all from them at once like a week ago, and did the "hold my order until everything is ready" option (since they say items slated to hit within two weeks will be shipped together, and it was less than a week from the release of 31 & 32).

So anyway, they've hit now... I have a little under 40 mates ordered with them, but I've recieved no word about a shipment yet.

I'm not sweating it too hard yet, since it hasn't been all that long since the waves hit, but I'm just curious to know if anyone else who ordered these waves from them has heard anything.

I'm just -slightly- paranoid, because I ordered Series 25 from Toyrocket last year, and never got it, which forced me to pay through the nose for the variant on ebay, since by the time they canceled and refunded my order, no one had the wave in stock anymore. It wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I finally got around to getting the regular set from Toynk. I don't want the same thing to happen with this wave, forcing me to track them all down on ebay in two months, lol.

I've ordered whole waves from Cornerstore and AFX successfully in the past, but the whole Toyrocket debacle has made me paranoid about online preorders now. Hehe.

Edited by Gillbob316

I'm just -slightly- paranoid, because I ordered Series 25 from Toyrocket last year, and never got it, which forced me to pay through the nose for the variant on ebay, since by the time they canceled and refunded my order, no one had the wave in stock anymore. It wasn't until a coupe weeks ago that I finally got around to getting the regular set from Toynk. I don't want the same thing to happen with this wave, forcing me to track them all down on ebay in two months, lol.

I had a similar problem with another online toy store, but unfortunately it was with Series 28. I am still yet to get my favorite character in mate form. That being Deadpool. :(

My feelings towards CSC are well-documented but I would imagine your order is fairly safe with them.They were once my retailer of choice but the debacle over Wave 25 & subsequent 'irregularities' in their on-line security has changed that. Keep us posted please.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Whoo boy!

My pile of loot arrived last night. Waves 29-32. Too many thoughts to get out even the next morning. I do love the pure Alan Davis expression on Shaowcat's face. Makes me want a Meggan and some Warwolves. 29 was the weakest wave overall, 32 for me the strongest. I do need to contact DST, Goliath was missing one of his non-duck feet. (odds are low, as it's a variant's parts, but it's a plain yellow foot, not a slip on mask or anything)

I do love the pure Alan Davis expression on Shaowcat's face.

Music to my ears!* :buttrock:

*well, I guess technically my ears play no role in reading your post, but you get my point.

Edited by karamazov80

At the end of every Miry post, I've started imagining that "The More You Know" rainbow/star thing flying across my screen :P

lol. true dat! ol' miry is like havin' a marvel version of "the answer man" here at minimate multiverse. (and if you remember dc comic's "the answer man" then you are getting old like me :P )

Edited by velvet

Here are a couple Angel comparison pics.

post-955-1263540958_thumb.jpg

Now it comes in Red and Blue. Blue. Its the new Red. What movie?

post-955-1263541023_thumb.jpg

i'm away from my champions box set right now (it's in storage) so i can't check... but did the extra white arms and legs for angel's red cosume come in that set? or did you do a custom job yourself?

Okay, I'm sorry but I'm confused. Th SA Angel is the variant or no? Because I was given to understand that he was, but we were TOLD he wasn't, which actually wasn't true. Have I got that down right?

He was.

DST's mind was changed.

Blue & White Angel's box says "Variant" on it.

But it's packed 3 per case, with Silver Age Angel only being packed one per case.

So, technically, he's not, but he's being packed as such.

Okay, I'm sorry but I'm confused. Th SA Angel is the variant or no? Because I was given to understand that he was, but we were TOLD he wasn't, which actually wasn't true. Have I got that down right?

Okay, Chompahface, SA Angel is packed like it's still the variant, even though the blue/white Angel got 'Variant' printed on the box. No explanation has been forthcoming. Bottom line, SA is one per case.

Velvet, I think those are the arms and legs from X-Factor Angel.

I got my sets in yesterday. I haven't had a chance to really inspect them, but I have to say, Iron Man is one good looking 'mate.

thanks, turtle!