UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

Yeah, Precious sounds like it would be a bit brutal on the senses. Requiem For A Dream is very cool, style-wise, because of Aronofsky's direction, but the source material is so over the top in it's 'after-school special' scare tactics that I didn't find it real enough to be depressing. The worst example of what you're talking about that I've seen was Bastard Out Of Carolina -- just miserable :(

Precious is extremely brutal on the senses between the mental, physical, and sexual abuse that the title character is subjected to but Precious is also a story of self actualization. She wants to rise above all of that and is willing to put the work into doing it. I will agree that there are movies that are made with awards in mind but I don't think that Precious is one of them. I can't watch reqium for a dream anymore. I used to have a roommate who thought it was the greatest movie ever so I've seen Jared Leto's heroin "wound" too often to ever want to see that movie again beside my favorite heroin movie is Trainspotting.

Anyway back on topic. Can someone post a couple pics of Giantman with out the mask and chestpiece? Yellowjacket without the chestpice too please.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about anyone else, but this thread now conjures up mental images for me of a bunch of guys hanging around shooting the $hit waiting for a call from DST expaining what they're going to do about the SA Angel situation.

Good way to put it :lol:

That's what the forum really becomes in-between announcements and releases.

I regret posting all my rants before about Angel-gate.

I just don't feel as pissed off anymore... i didn't get what I thought i had ordered, but I'm sure the guys at DST are thinking the same thing!?

Let's hope they can find away to get more F.A Angels out.

Pete,

Don't sweat it! The internet is not real!

Yeah, don't sweat it Pete, at least you got it off your chest. I used to collect DC Direct till they dropped their minimate line, then I dropped them! So I give DST some slack since they put out great product and are still going strong with 35 waves of marvel minimates (& counting).

On a side note, I got my e-mail from AFX saying they sent my minimates today, so I guess the screw up did not hurt them too bad.

By the way, what's up Jason4444, still chill out at Black Jack's?

No, I stopped going there. Not many chicks. Just a bunch of old dudes talkin smack, watching TV and drinking dollar beer. Don't get me wrong, dollar beer is awesome. Just not much to look at.

Remember kids, the internet is not reel.

Kisses,

jason4444

Honestly Oscar bait annoys me. Big time.

"The whole thing is a goddamn meat parade. I don't want any part of it"

My opinion of the Oscars in general but who am I quoting?

Clue given ;)

Patton, wasn't it?

George C. Scott refused the award (his quote) for his portrayal of General Patton. General Patton was some man & I'm bloody glad he was on our side :) 'Patton' is a 'should see' rather than a 'great' but Scott was magnificent.

Anyway back on topic. Can someone post a couple pics of Giantman with out the mask and chestpiece? Yellowjacket without the chestpice too please.

Here ya go. Funny thing is Goliath doesn't come with a chest piece.

(click thumbnail for larger image)

th_Pyms.jpg

And why the hell does Hank have orange hair? I thought he was a blonde.

Here ya go. Funny thing is Goliath doesn't come with a chest piece.

(click thumbnail for larger image)

th_Pyms.jpg

Thank you good sir.

Maybe Hank's hair color depended on the artist in the comics? I remember there being some earlier disagreement over what Jean Grey's real eye color was (I still say green). And sweet Neptune, just look at Namor's eyes.

And I hate to go further off-topic and add to the whole angsty movie/Oscar bait debate, but I just wanted to say:

The Lovely Bones ruined my day.

(Peter Jackson directed the movie adaptation. Should be interesting to see what discussions dovetail from that one.)

Haven't seen it in person so maybe it's more ginger, but in the photos it just looks like strawberry blond to me... I've definitely seen him illustrated with that color hair, and also with a brighter "yellow" blond. Seems to depend on the colorist.

During the late 60's, when John Buscema had the penciling duties, and about the time the Vision and Panther joined, Hank was consistently depicted with reddish blond hair. Probably trying to differentiate him from the only other white male on the team at the time, Hawkeye, who is also blond. But when he was wearing that version of the Golaith costume, and when he first donned the Yellowjacket ID his hair was shown as orange. Since then, it's been more consistently shown as lighter blond.

I have to say.... I'm so happy the Multiple Man comes with the extra arms. I love you, DST.<3

Oh... that hurts. You wound me, sir, you wound me. cry2.gif

But then knowing is half the battle.

Edited by Mirymate

It's cool. Fairly thick skinned. I am married afterall.

I will confess that I worry about coming off too know-it-all. If it crosses that line, I do trust the ball-busters-that-be to keep me in line.

What's there to know?

The Dark Avengers sort of existed as a mashup of the Mighty Avengers and the Ellis-era Thunderbolts after Norman Osborn took charge post-Secret Invasion (that's the "Dark Reign" event to you and me).

As a publicity stunt of sorts Osborn instructed those Thunderbolts "loyal" to him to emulate past Avengers members to get the public on their side (hence Bullseye=Hawkeye, Mac Gargan Venom=Black Spider-Man, Moonstone="classic" Ms Marvel), then "eliminated" the rest (Radioactive Man deported to China, Swordsman killed, Songbird hunted down, Penance sent to the loony bin by Moonstone I think).

They then absorbed ex-Mighty Avengers Ares and Sentry into their group, in addition to Noh-Varr (a.k.a. Marvel Boy a.k.a. "Captain Marvel"), one of the "big heroes" of Secret Invasion to further bolster their image. (At the time he didn't know the Dark Avengers were bad guys; he later bolted the group for good) Daken (Logan's long-lost son, a.k.a. the "Wolverine" of the group) joined the Dark Avengers as part of some convoluted story arc involving the X-Men I can't be darned to look up right now. :P

Finally Osborn himself donned the Iron Patriot armor, which was derived from Tony Stark's armor tech (which Osborn somehow got a hold of after he became in charge and Tony went on the lam), thus becoming the Dark Avengers' Iron Man analogue. He originally planned to recruit his son Harry as "the American Son" (the group's Captain America analogue) in a recent Spider-Man arc. Three guesses what happened next.

There, happy?!

OOOOOOOOh the shame of it!!!

First I miss a call to duty then rendered irrelevant by something as needless as sleep!

Excellent Dark Avengers recap, NR. You're doing the monkey man proud.

Dark Reign is also easy to explain.

Got my wave 31 and 32 sets today. Looking over the photos on here, looks like a few things I noticed on the mates is on all the figures... Yellowjacket's mask detailing being too high up on his mask, Captain Britain's eyes being higher up then originally shown, Shadowcat's low head, and the position of the eyes on the Kree Soldier...which just look a bit off to me...or maybe it's the mask is too high?

Anyway, great to start getting members of eXcalibur... Now we just need Meggan and a new Nightcrawler and I'd be happy there.