UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

That's odd about the Angel mix. I wonder if DST realized that a lot of these variants are just as popular as the regular set, so different cases have different ratios. That'd be nice, but it's probably just a (completely understandable) factory error considering how late in the game the variant got switched. BBTS filled my order, so either way, I'll have both.

It looks like SA Angel also has very yellow eyebrows. Do they stand out that much in person or just in the photos?

my wife got them already but he aint comin home until 4pm e.t.

Minimates transcend all barriers.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...HUGE Minimate day! As cool as it is to have all these new 'Mates, I kind of wish they'd have spread these waves out by a couple of weeks.... just to have more to look forward to! (And a bit easier on my wallet)

I picked up X-23/Cable, Kitty/Capt. Britain, both Angel/Madrox sets and Yellowjacket/Kree Soldier. Unfortunately, my LCS was holding the variant Goliath for regular customers who had requested them. Shoot!

Cable and Kitty are the stand-outs for me. I agree that Madrox is hugely improved over the prototype, the extra "shirt" tampo on the back was a nice touch. Both waves look great but I'm disappointed with Capt. Britain's helmet.

Oh, and here in Oakland the box ratio was one FA Angel per box and 3 blue/white Angels marked Variant. Strange indeed.

I went to my LCS to pick these up and his case was reversed 1 silver age Angel and 3 of the blue and white costume even though all the blue and white are marked Variant. Is anyone else seeng this? Luke?

The 'blue & white' Angel is the variant & would be included in a god-case ....x 3, as would the 'silver -age' (x3). I take at face-value what you have said but perhaps your LCS had a god-case? *

Generally:

Excuse my cynicism but just because the decision to change the 'variant' from one 'mate to another was made .......I can't believe that Minimates were destroyed to make them the variant & generally less available .....these are ....somewhere!!! ;)

Am I making sense ? :blush:

These (31) are a really nice wave ! I'm really looking forward to seeing Captain Britain which I have disgustingly pigged-out on in numbers ordered..... :rolleyes:

*edit: Having read binaryman's post my suggestion is blown , the variant is perhaps the Silver Age ......Wow :blink:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I reckon that the variant is actually more plentiful than the standard figure .....just because it's the variant doesn't mean to say it's rarer ......'exclusives' aren't :P DST can now re-release the non-variant set at TRU because they never re-release variant sets :lol:

Bloody Hell! :biggrin:

post-1827-1263418705_thumb.jpg

I'm really looking forward to these two waves. It's funny - I sold a boxed Marvel Legends Captain Marvel and boxed Marvel Legends Captain Britain figure on eBay then about a week later these two waves were announced. Two of my favourite characters as my favourite kind of collectable.

I also like the Multiple Man. Might have to keep an eye out on eBay for one of those.

got my series 31 and 32 'mates today, and all i can say is: WOW.

hot damn, these waves were so freakin' NICE. as others have already mentioned, my only (very mild) complaint is the detailing on captain britain's mask. i also thought that maybe the goliath 'mate needed to include wrist bands to more fully capture the look of his costume from the comics, but i'm not sure. DID the comic version of his costume have wrist bands, gang?

but, really: overall i was just blown away. that black bolt in particular was sheer PERFECTION. :)

I can now confirm that my cases have only one Silver Age Angel, just like others are reporting here.

Then I can probably confirm that we have a bit of a nightmare coming up for those people paying big bucks for variant sets on ebay (& elsewhere) thinking that they are rarities when they are not.....what a debacle!

Thank God for god-cases...............I hope :(

Edit: so is the variant Angel the common Angel or the variant Angel & does that make the common Angel the variant Angel or the common Angel or is the more commonly available variant Angel less rare than the less available common Angel which is rarer ?

I think I prefer the TRU torture!

Edited by buttheadsmate

What the #@%* !?

DST really need to comment on this and what they're gonna do about it.

How can such a dumb mistake be made?

The only way I can see them resolving it is if they send out Silver Age Angel sets to stores who have pre-orders to fullfill.

So, to clarify this, what exactly is wrong with this wave? I pre orderd mine form bigbadtoystore, so should I expect something wrong?

So, to clarify this, what exactly is wrong with this wave? I pre orderd mine form bigbadtoystore, so should I expect something wrong?

The variants have just switched places, so if you ordered a complete set on BBTS it won't make any difference to your order.

Edited by battlecat

I can now confirm that my cases have only one Silver Age Angel, just like others are reporting here.

THANK GOD I ORDERED A WHOLE CASE FROM YOU LUKE, WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

NOW I CAN SHOW THESE POSTS TO MY WIFE AND EXPLAINED TO HER THAT I DID MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION BY ORDERING A CASE OF 31 AND 32 AND HOLDING OFF ON THE SILVER AGE SET.

I CAUGHT A LOT OFF HEAT FOR THAT WHEN ALL THOSE CRISTMAS BILLS WERE COMING IN