UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

I don't mean this to sound antagonistic, but what exactly do people want them to say? To officially confirm that there was a factory miscommunication? I mean, why do they need to say that -- what else could it have been?

Bit before my time, but was there an official statement when the Iceman variant/non-variants were accidentally reversed at the factory, way back when? At least now with TRU there's a venue where we could well see a rerelease.

edit: not directed at you, thatblockoguy, I've just seen a lot of posts wanting a statement and wondered why...

Edited by battlecat

Battlecat, I think the hope is that the statement will include a plan of correction, whether it be through tru or correcting future cases, and not just an admission of error.

Ah. Never mind then :P

TRU I can see, but I wouldn't expect any comment until the announcement of the wave it would be a part of (as with the Slimer fix, the return of BSGmates, etc -- they seem to wait until they have something positive to announce). By future cases do you mean DST producing more cases of 31 with a corrected ratio? Given how they cost out the amount of figures produced in each wave, I can't see them making thousands of extras and hoping they sell. But who knows.

Edited by battlecat

By future cases do you mean DST producing more cases of 31 with a corrected ratio? Given how they cost out the amount of figures produced in each wave, I can't see them making thousands of extras and hoping they sell. But who knows.

I have no idea what I mean. :blink: And I definitely have no idea of how DST prices, produces, and distributes cases. So, uh, I was just saying that people want to hear from DST how it is that they (the people) will be able to get a hold of the Silver Age Angel that they (DST) said that they (the people) would not have a hard time getting. Just making naive, off the cuff suggestions. I really haven't put any thought into it as I got all of my sets. :blush:

I have no idea what I mean. :blink: And I definitely have no idea of how DST prices, produces, and distributes cases. So, uh, I was just saying that people want to hear from DST how it is that they (the people) will be able to get a hold of the Silver Age Angel that they (DST) said that they (the people) would not have a hard time getting. Just making naive, off the cuff suggestions. I really haven't put any thought into it as I got all of my sets. :blush:

Right, sorry, didn't mean to suggest you had all the answers! :lol: I don't know how DST price/produce/distribute either, I'm just assuming they already produce the maximum they can expect to sell of each wave, since higher production = lower cost per unit. Then again, I don't run a toy company so what do I know :blush:

Battlecat, I think the hope is that the statement will include a plan of correction, whether it be through tru or correcting future cases, and not just an admission of error.

In a nutshell, yes. That's what I'd like. A big deal was made when they "switched" the Angels about how they made the change in response to fan requests. "They heard us" they were saying. But now that fell apart. That it was by mistake is obvious. But don't make call attention to your being responsive and then if something goes astray not respond.

I am not as out of patience as I "sound." I realize it's still early, and coming up with a plan to "make it better" is a tricky, possibly expensive thing that likely requires a number of people to sign off on. But IMO a simple "Yeah, our bad. We're looking into what we can do and will get back to you as soon as we know." slipped into the last minimate Q & A would have gone a long way.

Obviously Your Mileage May Vary.

Heck, I think the only error is that the variant label was put on the wrong package when the "higher-ups" decided on which Angel is the variant. I'm still bitter about the War Machine variant situation when Rhodey was the variant. Nothing happened there, doubt anything would happen here. If anything, they should just let retailers know which is the variant so the blue Angels aren't all marked up. I was one of the few in the blue Angel camp but am sad to see blue marked up since I wanted more than one.

Maybe they were using this as a reference for the mask, and the more conventional Cap Britain look for the suit:

Capbrit001.jpg

BTW, I'm obviously not British, but I love this Minimate.

hey, good call! the mask on the captain britain we got looks almost exactly like that pic you posted, karamazov. what was that from--- one of the ultimate books??

the proto-type mask for cap looked much better, though. it really is a shame the final version didn't match up...

Edited by velvet

When I asked the question, I was only wondering if there was mention made of a reissue of the Silver Age Angel. Mistakes happen. I also wonder how the sales of the Silver Age Box set will affect any future rerelease of SA Angel, since I assume, the people this affects most are the ones who want to complete their team.

I expect the ones MOST affected were the dealers being told that one set would be the variant, and then having a different set "short packed", thus being the variant in fact versus the variant in name. Have any of the collectors NOT been able to get a SA Angel through one online dealer or another?

being in the UK, it'll probably be another week before my regular ebay place of purchase has these in stock. in anticipation for trouble, i've got hold of a few multiple men on ebay US, one of which even came with the variant Angel (which... having recently got hold of the Champions, i have absolutely no interest in). I feel as though this may be the first variant i end up with multiples of, and can't even give away

1st appearance X-Men have been near the top of my want list for a few years now, but at the first sign of trouble getting hold of SA Angel, i'll simply abandon any interest in the box set, save me a lot of time/hassle/money.

its a shame that so far, all the armies i've wanted to build so far, i've had little/no interest in the accompanying standard or variant figure.

its a shame that so far, all the armies i've wanted to build so far, i've had little/no interest in the accompanying standard or variant figure.

Boy, I hear you. Oddly my biggest worry about the whole Angel-gate fiasco is how this'll affect me getting more Multiple Men. And while the Yellowjacket that came with the Kree soldier is all well and awesome, I'm finding it harder to justify getting another one or the Goliath variant.

I expect the ones MOST affected were the dealers being told that one set would be the variant, and then having a different set "short packed", thus being the variant in fact versus the variant in name. Have any of the collectors NOT been able to get a SA Angel through one online dealer or another?

Raises hand. I can't justify spending the dough on another series of the figures just for that figure right now. Or 25.00 on ebay for just that set.

Edited by Mystery Man

I think BHM put it best in his earlier post. If you fail to buy these now for the reasonable prices they go for, don't be surprised when they go even higher later. I missed out on the BTTF 2 set when it was $7 (!), and now it's $50+. If you want the Angel variant, I would suggest you trying to find the money now rather than waiting to find a cheaper one (because it probably isn't coming).

BBTS/Cornerstore are your friends.

Boy, I hear you. Oddly my biggest worry about the whole Angel-gate fiasco is how this'll affect me getting more Multiple Men. And while the Yellowjacket that came with the Kree soldier is all well and awesome, I'm finding it harder to justify getting another one or the Goliath variant.

oh yes... like i said, i've not even got my regular set of 2-packs, yet i've got my hands on 4 multiple men, 3 of which came with variant angels. I'm excited about getting hold of Goliath, but have no interest in the Kree soldiers, which i'll have two of.

slight off topic (sorry!) - is there any section on here where folks are trading unwanted army builders?

If you want the Angel variant, I would suggest you trying to find the money now rather than waiting to find a cheaper one (because it probably isn't coming).

sorry, which Angel are we talking here?

slight off topic (sorry!) - is there any section on here where folks are trading unwanted army builders?

There's no dedicated thread in the Wants / Haves section. I think most people are just posting them in their trade lists.

Or you could just trade them to me :)

Ok folks here you go....The factory messed up with the Angels. Its 100% against my nature to blame them for anything, they do amazing work and frankly for the low retail for MM I am amazed every day how much effort they put into getting all the little details correct. I used to really dislike it as a fan to see companies always blame "the factory".

I also did not want to comment because we're not sure if we'll be able to come up with anything to help fans out. The factory is JAMMED getting all the MM they can (including IM2) before they close for the new year.

SORRY for the mix up!

Thanks for that! As has been pointed out, this must have been harder on the retailers than anything. These are still available for reasonable prices for collectors who are willing to look for them.

Take a wild guess which one is more popular, and likely to be more popular as time goes on. (answer: first appearance Angel)

Edited by karamazov80

Take a wild guess which one is more popular, and likely to be more popular as time goes on. (answer: first appearance Angel)

figured, just wasn't 100% which we were referring to as the variant