UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have Anyone Ran Into This Problem?

I Was At The Comic Store,Looking For Silver Age Angel And Yellow Jacket.When The Manager Pulls Out The Silver-Age Angel From The Case,I Noticed It Said 9.99,Instead Of 7.99.I Asked Why The Silver-Age Angel Was 9.99 And Why The Other Angel Was 7.99,He Said Because It Was The Variant.I Told Him It Wasnt,But That The Angel Marked "VARIANT"(In Big,Bold,Yellow Letters!)Was.But He Then Preceded To Tell Me That Because Silver-Age Angel Was Only Packed One Per Case,That It Was The Variant(Even Though Blue-Angel Had The Words "VARIANT" Printed On It In Big,Bold,Yellow Letters!).Then,After I Explained The Whole Online Vote We Had To Switch Variants,I Knew There Was No-Getting Past This Guy,So I Just Gave Up And Bought It(I Would Rather Save Myself An Arguement).So My Main Question Is,Has Anyone Had To Pay The Variant Price For Silver-Age Angel?

Edited by brobotc

I Was At The Comic Store,Looking For Silver Age Angel And Yellow Jacket.When The Manager Pulls Out The Silver-Age Angel From The Case,I Noticed It Said 9.99,Instead Of 7.99.I Asked Why The Silver-Age Angel Was 9.99 And Why The Other Angel Was 7.99,He Said Because It Was The Variant.I Told Him It Wasnt,But That The Angel Marked "VARIANT"(In Big,Bold,Yellow Letters!)Was.But He Then Preceded To Tell Me That Because Silver-Age Angel Was Only Packed One Per Case,That It Was The Variant(Even Though Blue-Angel Had The Words "VARIANT" Printed On It In Big,Bold,Yellow Letters!).Then,After I Explained The Whole Online Vote We Had To Switch Variants,I Knew There Was No-Getting Past This Guy,So I Just Gave Up And Bought It(I Would Rather Save Myself An Arguement).So My Main Question Is,Has Anyone Had To Pay The Variant Price For Silver-Age Angel?

I could answer your question if I could be arsed to read it all, but starting everword with caps made me give up half way through... There is a reason the English language doesn't start every word with caps!

T.

If you would have read through the thread you would know that we have been discussing Angel-gate for the better part of five days now I also agree with TBT about the caps on every letter. On a related note how long did you brow beat the clerk with tales of internet minutiae before paying the 2 extra dollars?

To answer your last question there is never a variant price at my LCS. Does everyone else have the variant price mark up?

Edited by minimadman

If you would have read through the thread you would know that we have been discussing Angel-gate for the better part of five days now I also agree with TBT about the caps on every letter. On a related note how long did you brow beat the clerk with tales of internet minutiae before paying the 2 extra dollars?

To answer your last question there is never a variant price at my LCS. Does everyone else have the variant price mark up?

Oh I Know About The Angel-Gate,I Have Known.I Was Asking If Anyone Had To Pay The Price Of The Variant For A Standard Mate.Actually While I Was On My Way,I Was Hoping No One Picked Up Angel,Because I Knew It Was 1 Per Case(Which Sucks!)

And I Didnt Brow Beat Him,Hes Said I "Obviously" Knew More Than Him,So I Didnt Argue

Edited by brobotc

brobotc, your 8th grade teacher sounds like a nutcase. Does he make you turn in all of your homework in cursive too?

Ours does. A regular pack usually costs us $8 while the variant would cost us $12. So yes, I am a wee bit concerned as to how they intend to price Wave 31 myself.

brobotc, your 8th grade teacher sounds like a nutcase. Does he make you turn in all of your homework in cursive too?

Ours does. A regular pack usually costs us $8 while the variant would cost us $12. So yes, I am a wee bit concerned as to how they intend to price Wave 31 myself.

Yes He Does Make Us Write In Cursive,Actually!

And Yeah,The Prices At My LCS Are The Same As NorthRaider's

The Point Is Im Just Happy I Got Angel,And He Has A Neck Too!

Edited by brobotc

I completely agree with you Karamazov. Educators should be teaching kids proper grammar, not making it up as they go along. Capital letters belong at the beginning of sentences and on proper nouns. There are other rules as well, but that's the basic principal. Take a look at this site for example. Someone needs to speak to your teacher and find out why in the Hell, you are being taught this way.

BS

In my early days here posting entirely in caps once got me into a little trouble ....justifiably so. Brobotc's teacher may be trying to give the guy some sort of exercise at typing which has gone a little awry...who knows but I'd agree it's irritating. Full marks to Brobotc for seeing reason & conforming...it makes for easier reading of an interesting story.

I get less & less bothered about spelling on here & unless it's outrageous but WGAF! Now you see acronyms are irritating aren't they ? I fell foul ...justifiably so...of Timbo with my abbreviations/acronyms in the Price Guide....so none of us are perfect are they!!! It surprises me that no-one has ever picked up on my use of '..........' which came from nowhere as I am completely self-taught on a keyboard.......is it irritating?

I always have to pay extra for variants wherever I get them from online ....isn't it the norm? I had extra Wave 31 variants ordered from an online vendor who supplied Silver-Ages as advertised.

It strikes me as odd that nobody here has actually quoted what DST actually said about the variant change & when?

Here's a little custom that i had planned using the Silver Age Angel, but alas, it will be on hiatus for a while.

I've even added the claws to a set of gloves and painted the mask and shoulder pads... i was all ready to go, but Angel-Gate denied me from getting any Silver Age Angels. :(

And yes i know it wholly inaccurate, but it's just a little bit of fun... more of a What If?

The pictures i've photoshoped together are from Ivan's excellent Minimate Database!

post-1597-1263813670_thumb.jpg

hey, i apologize in advance if this question has already been asked during this thread, but could somebody tell me what era angel's blue "variant" uniform is from? when did it first show up in comics? ( i'm thinking the early to mid 80s, but i'm not sure...)

hey, i apologize in advance if this question has already been asked during this thread, but could somebody tell me what era angel's blue "variant" uniform is from? when did it first show up in comics? ( i'm thinking the early to mid 80s, but i'm not sure...)

That's my cue B)

Angle started wearing that suit around the late 60's/early 70's. Or wore a suit very much like the 'variant' outfit. Originally the boots were blue as well and the whole suit was a darker shade. There's been some debate over wether or not Warren ever actually wore this outfit with white boots. During the early to mid 80's Angel was wearing the outfit from the Champs boxed set, but ditched the yellow gloves and boots for matching white. But then, Angel jumped from series to series a lot during this time as teams he'd join would go under and spent as much time guest-starring in other peoples books as anything else. I have an image in my head of Angel wearing the costume that this minimate shows, in a non-X book, but can't find it in my stuff. Anway, when Warren stopped wearing his blue/pink Apocolypse costume after becoming Archangel, he would alternate between the red and blue versions of this design sans cowl, and that blue suit definitly has the white boots.

Oddly enough, officially this is the second time Warren, in that costume, has been called the variant. Officially anyway.

Curious...did anyone else get a Kree soldier's mask with a messed up paint job?

The paint seems to be fine with me, I find the mask to be a little to loose for my taste. The same goes for Giant man's slip on mask.

A loose slip on mask? Considering some of the tricks I've had to do in recent months to remove those I'm not sure I'd personally find that a problem.