UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for a solution... a FA Angel - Spider-Girl without back boobs apology two pack?

I was so tired when I got off work and went to my LCS today that I accidently bought Extremis Iron Man & Titanium Man (that I didn't want) and left Cable and X-23 sitting there (which I do want). It's no big deal as Tony & Titanium Man can join my ranks and I can always order Cable and X-23 online....but I wanted them now! <_<

I regret posting all my rants before about Angel-gate.

I just don't feel as pissed off anymore... i didn't get what I thought i had ordered, but I'm sure the guys at DST are thinking the same thing!?

Let's hope they can find away to get more F.A Angels out.

I just don't feel as pissed off anymore... i didn't get what I thought i had ordered, but I'm sure the guys at DST are thinking the same thing!?

Angel-gate. I love it.

Don't worry, Pete. You were venting. We are Minimate fanatics. Not getting a SA Angel is shitty. It damn near ruined my day too...

Then I watched the movie Precious because my girlfriend wanted to and the day was definitely ruined! :yucky:

Pete,

Don't sweat it! The internet is not real!

Then I watched the movie Precious because my girlfriend wanted to and the day was definitely ruined! :yucky:

I just read the wikipedia synopsis of this one. Why in the living crap would anyone in the world want to make or see this movie?

Pete,

Don't sweat it! The internet is not real!

Yeah, don't sweat it Pete, at least you got it off your chest. I used to collect DC Direct till they dropped their minimate line, then I dropped them! So I give DST some slack since they put out great product and are still going strong with 35 waves of marvel minimates (& counting).

On a side note, I got my e-mail from AFX saying they sent my minimates today, so I guess the screw up did not hurt them too bad.

By the way, what's up Jason4444, still chill out at Black Jack's?

I just read the wikipedia synopsis of this one. Why in the living crap would anyone in the world want to make or see this movie?

Oscar bait. That's all this BS is. It's Oscar bait. They make movies just for Oscars you know, more's the pity.

Hopefully oscar baits LOSE!

Oscar bait. That's all this BS is. It's Oscar bait. They make movies just for Oscars you know, more's the pity.

Hopefully oscar baits LOSE!

Trekker have you seen Precious?

Wow, they sure brightened the blue on that Angel from the one in the prototype photo... I really liked it more subdued, but maybe I'm just not used to this one yet.

Team releases are clearly a good thing for the avid Angel collector :) . Is he in any others? Isn't he in that newfangled X-Force as Archangel?

--edit: Never mind, looked it up and he is. Looks like there's at least one more costume (albeit an annoying one) for them to make.

Edited by battlecat

Now it comes in Red and Blue. Blue. Its the new Red. What movie?

Wall-E.

As for Precious, no. And I do not plan to. However, I do know that some movies are made simply to garner Oscars, audience and box office be damned.

I think Milk was one of these.

Honestly Oscar bait annoys me. Big time.

"The whole thing is a goddamn meat parade. I don't want any part of it"

Pretty sure that is Milo and Otis.

post-1827-1263565146_thumb.jpg

I dig how Woody Allen wouldn't cancel one of his rinky-dink Dixieland jazz gigs to accept his best director Oscar. He knew what it was worth.

Edited by karamazov80

I think Milk was one of these.

Honestly Oscar bait annoys me. Big time.

I thought Milk was a great movie. And I hate the Oscars, it's self-congratulatory nonsense. I'm sure some producers think in this goal-oriented way about awards, but I'd think the majority of directors/writers/actors have lots of better reasons to make a meaningful drama, that have nothing to do with little gold statue men. I'm pretty sure Milk was made because it's an insane true story about bigotry that has modern relevance -- there were leftist political motivations mixed up in there, sure, but just to win an Oscar?

Yeah, stories about politics, even ones that end very badly and/or are based on real stories are often interesting to me. But reading the synopsis of Precious, it just sounds like the saddest, most hopeless kind of film. And one that might strike pretty close to home for me, given that I live in a run down area where poverty really ruins people's lives in all kinds of ways.

And I personally enjoy a downer every now and then if done the right way and dealing with interesting subject matter (like Dead Ringers, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Old Country for Old Men, etc.), but that particular film just seems like pure awfulness. Almost like Requiem for a Dream. I'm sure it is very well made and acted, but I would personally never want to see it. I found out yesterday (after reading this thread) that 2 people I know have actually seen it for one reason or another, but what does someone take away from a film like that? Do people just need to feel like crap sometimes? Is someone gonna get spurred to activism or community service because of that? Will they be more understanding toward the underprivileged? If so, fine. But I know crap like that goes on, and I hate it, but I don't want to spend 2 hours of my life watching a movie about it.

Yeah, Precious sounds like it would be a bit brutal on the senses. Requiem For A Dream is very cool, style-wise, because of Aronofsky's direction, but the source material is so over the top in it's 'after-school special' scare tactics that I didn't find it real enough to be depressing. The worst example of what you're talking about that I've seen was Bastard Out Of Carolina -- just miserable :(

I liked Milk because of Sean Penn's performance. No Country For Old Men left me tired and drained, so much so that I couldn't even bother discussing it with my wife. Then there's movies like Million Dollar Baby that I just don't get why all the Oscar hype and awards. While we were watching it my significant other was sitting there crying over it and I couldn't wait for it to end. Don't know about anyone else, but this thread now conjures up mental images for me of a bunch of guys hanging around shooting the $hit waiting for a call from DST expaining what they're going to do about the SA Angel situation.