UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

Holy moly, I can't even put into words how happy I am to have Excalibur mates sitting on my desk right now! :woot:

And they are perfect! One quick note, if you attach Kitty's head kind of "half" on the ball, instead of fully pushing it down, it totally takes away the "stumpy" look she has out of the package.

And Lockheed! Just awesome...

Now we just need them to announce a Meggan minimate ;)

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can now confirm that my cases have only one Silver Age Angel, just like others are reporting here.

THANK GOD I ORDERED A WHOLE CASE FROM YOU LUKE, WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

NOW I CAN SHOW THESE POSTS TO MY WIFE AND EXPLAINED TO HER THAT I DID MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION BY ORDERING A CASE OF 31 AND 32 AND HOLDING OFF ON THE SILVER AGE SET.

I CAUGHT A LOT OFF HEAT FOR THAT WHEN ALL THOSE CRISTMAS BILLS WERE COMING IN

Hi. Any particular reason for the all caps? Thanks, T42.

My blue costume angel has Variant printed on the box.. my silver age jump suit angel did not.

Weird they had two silver age on the shelf and my variant pulled for my order.. I wish I would have known the silver age was more rare I would have grabbed two. No Goliath for me. :(

Edited by The Vox

Edit: so is the variant Angel the common Angel or the variant Angel & does that make the common Angel the variant Angel or the common Angel or is the more commonly available variant Angel less rare than the less available common Angel which is rarer ?

"I don't know." "Third Base!"

By Heimdel's Hairy Hindquarters! (new swear courtesy of SHS cartoon) It looks like despite the packaging people getting the variant switch memo, someone else really, really screwed up. If you think we're upset, imagine the fun at Matt and Chuck's office today when the confused calls started coming in.

imagine the fun at Matt and Chuck's office today when the confused calls started coming in.

Yeah, and I don't imagine there's much they will (or can) do about it. Everyone knows there's going to be a variant one way or another; stores presell that variant separately at their own risk. The run has already been produced, so I doubt DST is going to order another batch of FA Angels just to make a few collectors happy.

It's a bummer, but I don't really see a happy resolution for everyone.

imagine the fun at Matt and Chuck's office today when the confused calls started coming in.

Yeah, and I don't imagine there's much they will (or can) do about it. Everyone knows there's going to be a variant one way or another; stores presell that variant separately at their own risk. The run has already been produced, so I doubt DST is going to order another batch of FA Angels just to make a few collectors happy.

It's a bummer, but I don't really see a happy resolution for everyone.

maybe not but I do think they may try to find a way to make up for it somehow...DST is just cool like that

the one shop I stopped at here had the same swapped ratio but since I opened the case it was a non issue for me I just bought both of the angels right away

Jeff of the Miniacs

Thinking about this logically , the decision to change the variant at a late stage may have affected the production run of each figure. There should be 3 times as many non-variants as variants & when the decision to change was made ( August 2009??) perhaps a further decision was made to 'up' the Silver Age item. My pure speculation is that although we are stuck with the F*ckup for now .......further Silver Age Angels will exist somewhere & something will appear in due course......keep your sales receipts ;)

On the other hand :( .........only 2000 sets of the AFX First Appearance X-men are being produced . These AFX #1 X-Men sets are missing the FA Angel figure & anybody buying it will be hunting for Silver Age Angel from Wave 31 . Wave 31 will probably accommodate 2000 Silver Age Angels .....the perfect amount to placate the buyers of the box set.

I base my conjecture on 2000 variant sets being produced in many Marvel Waves & to be honest how many fans would buy the specific Silver Age Angel just for itself without wanting the AFX set.

In real terms the main people who are going to suffer are the retailers who are supplied 'non-gods' who will not be able to supply their loyal customers............AND of course those loyal customers.

Personal message from a loyal fan :

Dear DST,

Mistakes happen ,we all know that ,but this is not a time to remain silent .

bhm

I've the FA X-men set, X-Factor set and the FA Angel/Multiple Man set on order. I've been waiting on the Angel set so they can all ship together and now this revelation? :sick:

The ironic thing is that I had been out of collecting 'Mates since they had all of those QC problems like the fused arms/legs and that X-Men set seduced me back into the game.

Who would want a First Appearance X-Men team with no Angel? :down:

Guys it's been a day, not even a full day yet, since cases were delivered and the problem discovered. Until then I assume that Chuck and company were clueless that this happened until the cases were cracked open and the complaints started coming in. Think about your own jobs and how long it can sometimes take if a problem pops up to figure out what went wrong, especially if like them you have to contact multiple departments in multiple locations. And especially if like this one the problem pops up after lunch. They may be scrambeling try to figure out how widespread the problem is, and trying to reach whoever they need to stangl... er... reprimand over in China. Chuck ws lurking on this thread last night around 10PM EST, I assume to gathering intel on what's happening. I mean as it stands now, there aren't any reports of ANYONE receiving god case and that would be a whole other ball of wax. I do expect that they will make a statement as soon as they have something to say besides "Yeah, this sucks, we're not sure what happened either." And I expect them to at least try to make it right in some form. No idea how, but I think they'll try to get SA Angel at least out in better numbers in some form. Maybe packed with someone in a regular, non short packed exclusive release in TRU wave 7.

I mean as it stands now, there aren't any reports of ANYONE receiving god case and that would be a whole other ball of wax.

I know some perceive me to be a tad incendiary at times but .....er...um....my god-cases are 'shipping'* according to my email from AFX . I agree I haven't seen them yet but I see no good reason why they should contain anything other than I ordered .....variant sets of 8 .

Like I said "these things happen" but I have no compunction about banging on about this so that everybody knows that the 'Variant' sets being sold on ebay etc. now & in the future are NOT variants & therefore should not be sold at marked-up prices whilst the 'non-variants' slip away quietly.

I'm also not in the blame-game but spokesmen ought bring us the bad news & the good news...that's all!

* When it comes to f*ckups this particular email I received from AFX starkly illustrates one of mine......despite me changing my shipping address with AFX & despite them acknowledging my request to do so ......they're being shipped but they won't be leaving the US anytime shortly :(

This mistake was probably due to some confusion between DST and the factory when it was decided to switch which pack would actually be the variant. I agree with Miry, give Chuck and crew time to assess what has happened and bust the appropriate heads. Of all toy companies, DST is the most vocal with its loyal addicts, and I'm sure they don't want angry customers, so everyone, please give them a break... shit happens.

BS

Hey guys ... Trevor from stuckakid.com here. Just wanted to chime in since quite a few of you are long-time customers of ours.

We received the "mistake" cases of 31 with yesterday's shipment (along with series 32). Yes, it has screwed up our numbers royally, but we managed to get all of our orders out. We have modified the listing for the non-variant set. Until we hear from DST, the blue angel (marked variant) will be sold in the normal sets. All pre-orders for the non-variant sets will receive the classic Silver-age Angel since it was listed that way. Unfortunately, the problem with the numbers makes it so our "variant" sets are sold out. I know, it's all a bit confusing. But as I said, all pre-orders for 31 (and 32) are in the mail to you.

I have put in a call to Diamond and Diamond Select. Representatives from Diamond are trying to figure out what's next ... I'll let you know as I find out. Thanks again to everyone who pre-ordered with us! If you have any questions at all, please contact me directly at: ctk (at) stuckakid (dot) com

Take care!

Trevor

www.stuckakid.com

Edited by Xybot

I'm even more pissed now, as i've definatley missed out on the First Appearence Angel.

My First Appearence X-Men set are pretty much useless until complete.

DST, how's about you supply boxes of "only" the F.A Angel sets to suppliers who contact you, so they can atleast supply them to their customers who pre-ordered them?

At the end of the day, it's your f#ck up that may harm them!

Just take it on the chin and resolve it, or atleast show your face and make your pathetic excuses. :angry:

Edited by Pete

My LCS had the same problem with their case. Fortunately it was not that big of a deal as they have two people who pre-order complete sets (I'm one of them) and they usually buy two cases (maybe 3) and let the rest sit. Although, they didn't get their complete order of the Kree wave, so I am without my Goliath. <_<

Man, I cannot wait to get of work and open these. ;)

I am sorry for everyone that is having troubles getting their FA Angel, but I am sure that everything will be alright in the end. Patience young Padawans, patience.

Good point BHM.

Not only was there a major lack of communication with China, but there must have been countless oportunities for someone at DST to notice something wasn't quite right.

DST will probably put the blame on the Chinese, but at the end of the day, it's their responsibility to check the final product before it goes to retail.

I am sorry for everyone that is having troubles getting their FA Angel, but I am sure that everything will be alright in the end. Patience young Padawans, patience.

I'm sure you are right, even though i feel pissed off at the moment, but it is so frustrating to think how this happened and especially so because DST haven't even commented yet.

Yes I know they don't have to, but with them frequenting these boards so often I would have expected something?

More fool me for thinking better of them!

Thinking about this logically , the decision to change the variant at a late stage may have affected the production run of each figure. There should be 3 times as many non-variants as variants & when the decision to change was made ( August 2009??) perhaps a further decision was made to 'up' the Silver Age item. My pure speculation is that although we are stuck with the F*ckup for now .......further Silver Age Angels will exist somewhere & something will appear in due course......keep your sales receipts ;)

On the other hand :( .........only 2000 sets of the AFX First Appearance X-men are being produced . These AFX #1 X-Men sets are missing the FA Angel figure & anybody buying it will be hunting for Silver Age Angel from Wave 31 . Wave 31 will probably accommodate 2000 Silver Age Angels .....the perfect amount to placate the buyers of the box set.

I base my conjecture on 2000 variant sets being produced in many Marvel Waves & to be honest how many fans would buy the specific Silver Age Angel just for itself without wanting the AFX set.

In real terms the main people who are going to suffer are the retailers who are supplied 'non-gods' who will not be able to supply their loyal customers............AND of course those loyal customers.

Personal message from a loyal fan :

Dear DST,

Mistakes happen ,we all know that ,but this is not a time to remain silent .

bhm

What about the symbol with six legs on Venom as Spider-Man? Or the back boobs on Spider-Girl?

Set of 8 is still available at BBTS, if anyone's looking for something not to be angry about.

AFX also have complete 'variant' sets available in their store & are selling god-cases on ebay....now.

I don't have any sort of access to anything other than on-line but I know that many US members buy from their 'Bricks'......& these guys will take the shit unfortunately.

Pete

No offense but RELAX. I work in Quality Assurance and have to deal with reactionary people on a daily basis. No matter how upset you are, swinging for the fences and calling for "pathetic excuses" does nothing to HELP the process. This was obviously a communication issue, I am certain you will be able to find a FA Angel. I am also certain that if you can not, you can contact DST Customer Service for other options.

The thing to keep in mind is NO ONE at any level at a manufacturing situation WANTS to make a mistake. They have to deal with the ramifications and take the public black eye, so trust me, they are in a state of panic when the news hit. Sometimes it takes more than a day to figure out the root cause, and apply corrective action * both interim and permanent.

Until then, if Matt or Chuck do not rush to this little community to apologize to you, follow the steps of contacting customer service.

Matt and Chuck do us a FAVOR when they visit and share news with us, they do not have to, and anytime people call for their heads, I wonder why they do.

All I am saying is, I do not think that this can not be resolved, but freaking out doesnt help the situation, have you contacted DST regarding this issue, or spent all your time on the board posting about it?

just my 2 cents

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows