UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 31 & 32 pics

Valo487

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need crimson dynamo mandarin, and mister sister but have three version hank Pym 4 if count zombie giant man.

5 or 6, actually. The Avengers box set had Giant Man and Ant Man. Add Yellowjacket, Goliath, and Zombie Pym and that's 5. Depending on your personal opinion of what constitutes a variant, the Avengers box set also had regular old Hank Pym, which would be 6.

Maybe DST can kill two birds with one stone and release War Of Kings. That way we'll get the Inhumans, the Starjammers AND the Guardians of the Galaxy... which just so happens to include Phyla-Vell in its current lineup, I believe ;)

Don't look at me like that.

You realize we'd need a bigger box...

Inhumans: Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Maximus, Lockjaw

Starjammers: Havok, Marvel Girl, Korvus, Polaris, Raza, Ch'od

Guardians of the Galaxy: Adam Warlock, Bug, Mantis, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Starlord, Jack Flag, Moondragon, Martyr (Phyla-Vell), Major Victor and Cosmo the dog

That's 26 so far and that's not counting Lilandra, Ronan, Deathbird, Vulcan, Darkhawk, Gladiator or anyone else...

The bad- Titanium Man looks like a bad custom. X-23... sigh... some bad ideas just won't go away will they? And if they'd asked me, I would have voted for a classic Multiple Man, or even an old X-Factor era costume, or the modern look. But they didn't, so I'll live.

I thought similarly when I saw this Multiple Man. Honestly, I'm not at all familiar with the version of him with "evil" eyes and mustache, and I'm not sure that I like him very much. Would be nice to have an extra head and pair of arms, so that we can have this:

multipleman.gif

I also think X-23 is pretty lame, but I'm sure many think she is "sexy," so I'm similarly sure that she is popular.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Adam Warlock, Bug, Mantis, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket Racoon, Starlord, Jack Flag, Moondragon, Martyr (Phyla-Vell), Major Victor and Cosmo the dog

That's 26 so far and that's not counting Lilandra, Ronan, Deathbird, Vulcan, Darkhawk, Gladiator or anyone else...

You can just round it off to 30 figures. We aren't greedy. :biggrin:

Forget box sets, then - time to introduce the Minimate Crate Set.

Forget box sets, then - time to introduce the Minimate Crate Set.

I like the sound of that! :)

A superb cast of characters . Captain Britain was the one Minimate that I thought I'd never see :ohmy:
I didn't think they would make a Captain Britain either, although I still prefer TBT!'s version.

Can't wait for BlackBolt! For a non-speaking minimate, he's well suited. He just looks cool.

We need crimson dynamo mandarin, and mister sister but have three version hank Pym 4 if count zombie giant man.

5 or 6, actually. The Avengers box set had Giant Man and Ant Man. Add Yellowjacket, Goliath, and Zombie Pym and that's 5. Depending on your personal opinion of what constitutes a variant, the Avengers box set also had regular old Hank Pym, which would be 6.

I count the one in the avengers as one not three because even if you have the costumes you have to have three minimate bodies to display them

Edited by Scorpion

I count the one in the avengers as one not three because even if you have the costumes you have to have three minimate bodies to display them

Don't get me wrong, Scorpy, I think we need a Dynamo, Mandarin, and Sinister too. But as an unapologetic Avengers fan, the fact that we went from no Pym's to all four of his classic costumed id's in no time is pretty darn cool. A greedy man would take this opportunity beg for a Dr. Pym, scientific adventurer, minimate, but I'm not feeling greedy right now. Broke, but not greedy.

Now if we wanted to make Hank the new Wolverine or Iron Man, I could suggest the red and blue Goliath costume, the blue and white Goliath that was similar to Clint's Goliath costume, the Gi-Ant Man costume Pym wore at the beginning of Avengers V3, Yellowjacket with goggles (no smaller a difference than some the Spider-Man variants we've seen), Giant Man's blue helmet/chest piece combo, the 'Gathers/Crossing Era' Giant Man, and I guess a Wasp (ridiculous as it seems to me to take your dead ex-wife's code name)

Don't get me wrong, Scorpy, I think we need a Dynamo, Mandarin, and Sinister too. But as an unapologetic Avengers fan, the fact that we went from no Pym's to all four of his classic costumed id's in no time is pretty darn cool. A greedy man would take this opportunity beg for a Dr. Pym, scientific adventurer, minimate, but I'm not feeling greedy right now. Broke, but not greedy.

Now if we wanted to make Hank the new Wolverine or Iron Man, I could suggest the red and blue Goliath costume, the blue and white Goliath that was similar to Clint's Goliath costume, the Gi-Ant Man costume Pym wore at the beginning of Avengers V3, Yellowjacket with goggles (no smaller a difference than some the Spider-Man variants we've seen), Giant Man's blue helmet/chest piece combo, the 'Gathers/Crossing Era' Giant Man, and I guess a Wasp (ridiculous as it seems to me to take your dead ex-wife's code name)

Gotta tell you, I'm completely in agreement for making Hank Pym the new Wolverine with over saturation. The red/blue Goliath and Clint's Golitah would be awesome to have.

I think it's kind of sweet that he's taking on her name and trying to imortalise her.

And as far as saturation goes, this doesn't hold a candle to the recent Angel-love we've been getting. And doesn't scratch the surface of the SpiderMan or Wolverine exposure.

I'm all for legitimate new versions of already produced characters if it's a different costume. What bugs me is Black Costume Spiderman followed by Back in Black Spidey. Or Unmasked Gaijin Wolverine followed by Masked Gaijin Wolverine.

If DST/AA wanna give me costume variants like the Classic Shadowcat or Classic Cabel that are coming out (completely different looks tot he characters first MiniMate outings), then i'm all for it.

I agree. That, to me, is the difference between saturation for saturation's sake and variations that're more called for.

I'm all for re-releasing a variant (tweaked or not) so that people who want 'em can get 'em. I'm hoping they'll take that newest Classic Iron Man and do a new Stealth version, personally.

But Black in Black Spidey followed by Mac Gargan Spidey is pretty redundant, I think. I understand the need for him in the Dark Avengers set... I just don't like it much. :)

But Black in Black Spidey followed by Mac Gargan Spidey is pretty redundant, I think. I understand the need for him in the Dark Avengers set... I just don't like it much. :)

Not to beat a dead horse too hard, but you mean like having two versions of a symbiote half covering the classic costume Spidey?

And Nessex... I can see sweet, but it's also creepy. Is he trying to immortalize her, or trying to hold on to her? Is this an attempt to earn a "dead" woman's forgiveness for his part in their stormy relationship? Badly ending marriage not withstanding, Pym's last memory before abduction was of fighting with Jan, then sleeping with a college student. So I ask again, is it for her memory, or his conscious that he calls himself Wasp right now?

Of course the question is moot as I don't think comics fan one actaully thinks Jan is really dead.

And yes, go ahead and add Clint-as-Goliath, Bill Foster-as-Giant man, Scott Lang-as-Ant Man, and Rita DeMarra-as-Yellowjacket to my list of wanted minimates. Heck, make that grouping a boxed set.

But there's no Spideys in 31 or 32, and the closest thing to Wolverine is X23. Sure we're getting a lot of Angel love, as someone decided he's the odd man out of the boxed sets, but I can live with that. I may even buy and extra blue Angel, just to try and "fix" Hawkgirl. (Nutrisystem for mates)

we need a grim reaper he just looks cool and it the only wonder man villian i can think of but a hawkeye golaith would be cool

• 4 months later...
I like that x-23 comes with a masked and non-masked head

Seems kinda strange that they didn't go the "reversible head" route for her like they did with wave 24 Venom. Maybe they're actively aiming to be more customizer-friendly?

I am liking that Yellowjacket/Kree soldier pack more and more whenever I see it. I think I know what I'll be army-building the hell out of next year.

I'll join NR in confusion over a second X-23 head. In a world where keeping costs down is the name of the game, is it really cheaper to add a second head over adding a second face to the first head?

Other than that, I like the improvements made to Cap. Britian, and that Jamie found his razor. Kitty's grin still seems over the top to me, but it's a minor quibble.