UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

They make me feel a little better about losing DC Minimates.

Lobsterman

does anyone have pics of these protos? I am a Green Arrow collector and would like to see this modern GA

Jeff of the Miniacs

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/mattel..._1279922182.jpg there ya go...

and speaking of the expanded line, I'm getting pissed we haven't seen the 'last' wave of tB&tB styled figures yet. If the 'new style/expanded cast' line does start 'in early 2011' we've got 3 months to get the last of tB&tB figures, and since Chemo and Polarius have taken MORE then 3 months to hit most places that's not looking good.

as much as I want the Lanterns to fill out my minimate Corps with kitbashing, if I don't get a Ganster Grundy I'm gonna stab someone for serious.

Matty's answer in one of their Q&A's of "we try to get product out, but stores got to order it! we're really the victims guys!" is such bullshit. My local Target and TRU have been down to 3 packs for the last 5 months, maybe if they got some new shit they'd restock rather then getting stuck with 100 Grodds so they can't order Chemo.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone have pics of these protos? I am a Green Arrow collector and would like to see this modern GA

Jeff of the Miniacs

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/mattel..._1279922182.jpg there ya go...

and speaking of the expanded line, I'm getting pissed we haven't seen the 'last' wave of tB&tB styled figures yet. If the 'new style/expanded cast' line does start 'in early 2011' we've got 3 months to get the last of tB&tB figures, and since Chemo and Polarius have taken MORE then 3 months to hit most places that's not looking good.

as much as I want the Lanterns to fill out my minimate Corps with kitbashing, if I don't get a Ganster Grundy I'm gonna stab someone for serious.

Matty's answer in one of their Q&A's of "we try to get product out, but stores got to order it! we're really the victims guys!" is such bullshit. My local Target and TRU have been down to 3 packs for the last 5 months, maybe if they got some new shit they'd restock rather then getting stuck with 100 Grodds so they can't order Chemo.

I actually ordered Chemo off of TRU's site when i ordered Wave 8; he arrived perfectly fine, and is an AMAZING figure. The Batman variant isn't bad at all either; much cooler in person.

One i am desperate to find for a good price is Guy Gardner, but i might just settle for Amazon at $12.99. He and Polaris look great, and i'm a die-hard GL fan. Major want, i i could find him.

One i am desperate to find for a good price is Guy Gardner, but i might just settle for Amazon at $12.99. He and Polaris look great, and i'm a die-hard GL fan. Major want, i i could find him.

cost plus shipping a good enough price? We got several Guy/Polaris sets round here (watch, I just jynx myself and now they're all gone) PM me and one is all yours

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Welp! Looks like we're not getting Gangster Grundy as people are already reporting finding the new DC Universe version of this line... which is nice since I can't wait to replace the smallish Minimate Bizarro with the Action League one and kitbash some minimate lanterns from the Low and Tomar-re, and just continue building a collection of Action Leagues by getting the better sculpted Joker and Batman to go with the existing Scarecrow...

but DAMMIT! Outside of the never-actually-announced Faceless Hunter and Starro sets Grundy was the one figure I REALLY wanted from the BTAB version of Action League... oh well.

Yeah, it's nice to see the line size and style continuing, but it sure would be nice to see the unreleased stuff show up at some point. I'd love to see the alternate versions of the JL, but I doubt they'll show up. And as glad as I am that I got a Ted Kord Blue Beetle, I'd be surprised if he didn't get released in the new line.

• 3 weeks later...

Found these today at Target, only got Bizarro and Superman.

These are nicer then the tB&tB ones which I already thought were pretty great. Now to wait for Wave 2 (which I hope is John Stewart Vs Atrocitius, Batman Vs Joker, Low Vs Tomar-Re, and whatever that 4th pack I had no interest in was and not some weird rehash case with one or two of those at one per case mixed in.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
...and hope Mattel doesn't screw things up.

and they have!

Wave 2 is starting to hit, my local Targets have been out of these since they first hit. Good sign, great sign even!

Well yesterday I round the corner and see the pegs restock with: WAVE 1!!

*clap clap* way to go Mattel, you let a store set with a row of empty pegs for a month only to send old stock, add to this the fact Wave 3 has THREE repaints (Wonder Woman and Kilowag might excuse Supes and Hal, since ones demanded and the other's neat looking, but I doubt a non-TT GO! Slade will sell a crap Batman repaint.) and one pack with ZERO 'mom appeal' (I want me a Saint Walker, but who will buy the rest of them?! And who will buy the ones that get sent to Target when wave 4 hits and everyone else who bought them already has them and was waiting for wave 4?!) and I see this line have just as bright a future as the BtaB line did, collectors hungry for more but Mattel sending crap assortments with HUGE gaps between shipments then blaming those collectors who support the line and want more for not being willing to buy up the 7th restock of a wave they already own.

edit-edit: Okay, after much searching I found 2 Targets with wave 1 restocked, 1 Wal-mart with wave 1 restocked, a Target and Wal-Mart that had dropped the line, two TRU's who never sold their original Wave 1 stock, and finally a Target with Wave 2.... now I have my Atrocitous all is well until I can't find wave 3.

Edited by dr baghead

• 2 weeks later...

I happened to pick up wave 2 last night. I passed on the Batman/Joker since I've already got some. I like this wave to a point, but I just wish Mattel could figure out how to not go down the road they are going with this (that will end in cancellation). You'd think they'd have learned something from the BatB version of these.

I happened to pick up wave 2 last night. I passed on the Batman/Joker since I've already got some. I like this wave to a point, but I just wish Mattel could figure out how to not go down the road they are going with this (that will end in cancellation). You'd think they'd have learned something from the BatB version of these.

Sounds like gi Joe 25th anniversary all over again. Hasbro did the same thing. I'm going to take my wave 2 back cause u know that target will discount down the road. I really like the green arrow figure, but it came with prometheus ...meh

• 1 month later...

Wave 3 is out. I picked up the lantern packs and skipped the WW/Supes and Batman packs

Kilowog is nothing short of amazing, Zillous or whatever the ball guy is pretty great, Saint Walker's head goes nicely on a minimate body, and Half-Green-Half-Blue Hal is silly and pointless AND his construct is on the wrong hand.

Nice showing so far, I wonder if we'll see Wave 4 hit stores before Mattel shows them a show, since so far they've hit every 2 months (Jan, March, and May) which means Wave 4 should hit in July which is when ComicCon is... I just hope Wave 4 is coming in 2 months (or 3 if it's after ComicCon) and not that Mattel planned 3 and is waiting, because seriously that's the sort of thing they'd do.

Yeah, as much as I love these, they're no substitute for DC mates.

I'm just a little curious if they'll show pics of wave 4 soon at all (atually, I wonder if there'll even be a wave 4 the way Mattel does stuff). It'd be nice to see those soon and the GL WalMart exclusives.

Yeah, as much as I love these, they're no substitute for DC mates.

Agreed, I think the large inhuman characters look great mixed in with minimates, and I like collecting the Batman directly related characters for the sake of having characters in this style... but they're no minimates. I wouldn't trade them for minimates if Mephesto forced me to make an Aunt May-Mary Jane type decession, but I also wouldn't Mattel to stop producing MotU Classics (a line I buy a figure every now and then from) for MotU Buddies/Rumblers/Action Leagues (a line I'd buy the f'ing crap out of, just sign me up right now for a lifetime subscription to that once it happens!) since they're so different they don't even compete despite sharing a license.

Off this topic, and really the thread topic but I don't want to make a new thread:

There is a line of Kung-Fu Panda 2 Buddies/Rumblers/AL out now

They're not called "Buddies/Rumbers/AL" (I suspect this might be because Fisher Price is releasing them not Mattel) and they're more SHS style then AL (although not toddler faced, they're rounded not angular, actually they're rather on-model to the movie designs in that respect) but they come in 2-packs and are the same scale (Po being a little taller then the Hal Jordan I have sitting on my desk) so they're clearly supposed to be a product for SHS/AL fans.

They're glossier then hell though, so when it stops raining I'll probably dullcoat the crap out of them.

Right now there are Po Vs "Wolf Boss", Tigress Vs "Gorilla", and Monkey with extra tiny Mantis Vs Master Shen (a peacock)... whether Wolf and Gorilla are grunts or spoilerific characters I do not know yet, but I hope Viper, Crane, Sifu, Oogway, and Tai Lung in this style are planned because I want a full set. I can take pictures once my camera remembers how to save to card rather then not at all.

...and yes, I like this better then I would like Kung-fu Panda minimates if only because Mantis is the right scale and not gigantic like Daxter :)

• 1 month later...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15243&start=825

and it looks like based on eBay findings Wave 4 (or some future wave/figures people will try to find on eBay because they never get released) will consist of Arkillo, a Yellow Lantern Sinestro, and a Flash standing on two feet (hey! they listened)

Arkillo has been a big want of mine since Kilowag was announced (and once I got Kilowag he became a MUST have) so I'm excited about that, hopefully these show up at the end of the month as these seem to be shipping every 2 months and we're just about ready for the next wave...