UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

They make me feel a little better about losing DC Minimates.

Lobsterman

So, I picked up some of the new Batman: The Brave and The Bold Action League figures. They're another entry in the parade of "kawai" minifigs like Superhero Squad.

They're pretty awesome, too.

I personally like that they're a little more stylized than SHS – although not to the ridiculous extreme as DCD's Blammoid abominations.

They're the same scale as SHS, and have neck, shoulder and waist articulation. It seems as though the legs generally come in two stock sculpts, which works okay because of the cartoony nature of the designs, and will hopefully make a broad line of figures more cost effective.

I'm really hoping Mattel keeps this line running for a while, and gives us the depth of DCUC and JLU. If the show, and some of the semi-obscure characters in wave one (Kanjar Ro, Gentleman Ghost) are any indication, it should do just that.

They're no Minimates, but they are a bit of a comfort.

Edited by Lobsterman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tgftoys.com. I think it was $5 for singles, $8 for two-packs and $14 for vehicle two-packs (e.g., Batman, Gentleman Ghost and a skele-horse). Usually online places mark up a bit, but based on retail pricing for SHS, it seemed like that was about what these would be priced at a store.

I've heard reports of some of them turning up at TRU, but I went with these guys because they have the entire first wave in stock.

Still loving them. Crossing my fingers for a lot more at SDCC.

Edited by Lobsterman

lol think you can stick this Black Manta's head onto a Minimate for a custom?

http://tgftoys.com/store/image/31gd4/Justi...an_vs_Black.jpg

I remember someone making one out of the Pocket Heroes version.

It could work scale-wise, and I like that it's the flatter design rather than Pocket Heroes' more rounded oval design. Because it is so thin, though, you might have to shear off the top of a Minimate head to get it to fit over. Or else just stick it on without a head piece.

• 7 months later...

I've been trying to resist these and my wife isn't helping. She's constantly pointing them out and I'm finding it harder and harder to ignore them. BHM: Do you have a problem with one particular member or just everyone in general? The only thing that's wrong with this thread is it's in the wrong section of the mini factions and should be moved. That's for a mod to decide though, not us ;)

Glad I could help! So how did you get a hold of Ted Kord? and the others Wildcat?, Static, and Scarecrow? I did not even know they were making those guys.

Ted Kord came from a seller in Hong Kong. I got it with shipping for $5. I thought that was pretty cool since he'll be released with the Jamie Beetle later (which I already have). Scarecrow/Batman and Wildcat/Black Lightning just came out. There's a Guy Gardner/Dr Polaris in that wave also, but it hasn't been in the cases with the other two. The seller in Hong Kong also had several Crime Syndicate figures that should be showing up in the future (Red Beetle, Black Plastic Man, Silver Cyclone, Red Atom).

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/handytoy/m....m283&_rdc=1

Edited by groundhog7s

So the Scarecrow wave is just hitting GH? Any idea when the Polaris wave is hitting? I'm looking for a friend of mine, so if you can give me heads up that would be sweet :biggrin:

The Scarecrow/Batman and Wildcat/Black Lightning are being shipped in cases with the last wave (Joker/Batman. Blue Bowman/Owlman, etc). They have the Guy/Polaris picture on the back, but those aren't showing up yet. I've found the Scarecrow at several targets and have heard of them showing up at Walmarts also.

• 4 months later...

No Starro set announced, but Mattel showed off a bunch of protos for characters from the broader DCU. Including, but not limited to Superman, Flash, Hal GL, modern Green Arrow, White Lantern Sinestro, Atrocitus...

I'm really excited to see this line expanding like this! Hopefully we'll start to see some female characters in the mix.

• 1 month later...

I *FINALLY* found Chemo, only took what... 3 months for it get here.

Now to hope I can find the figures pictured on the back of Chemo when they finally come out before they switch over the DCU version of the line. (if this line ends without that Grundy coming out I'm going to SDCC and bashing Matty's stupid plastic head in with my own two hands, I MUST have a minimate scaled ganster Grundy!)

• 4 weeks later...
No Starro set announced, but Mattel showed off a bunch of protos for characters from the broader DCU. Including, but not limited to Superman, Flash, Hal GL, modern Green Arrow, White Lantern Sinestro, Atrocitus...

I'm really excited to see this line expanding like this! Hopefully we'll start to see some female characters in the mix.

does anyone have pics of these protos? I am a Green Arrow collector and would like to see this modern GA

Jeff of the Miniacs