UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

guesses for wave 3 TRU-2 packs/the next ghsotbuster boxs set

i was thinking while sure they have done a lot the mates from both movies but there are still more.

we got a Courtroom Peter Venkman but what about a court room ray or egon with one of those court room ghosts and a jar of slime!

and what about lady liberty doesn't she get the minimate treatment?

i am just throwing this out there any body have some other ideas?

I think the GBs from part 2 with slime packs is a given, if these sell well (which I would bet they are and will). Whether we get these as box sets or TRU releases is another question.

Apart from that, I like the idea of the GBs in their trench coats from the commercial--"We're ready to believe you", regular Dana, Janine, Peck, Louis with colander hat, Vigo, and of course, scores and scores of ghosts and minor GB variants! Bring 'em, I will buy every single one (probably multiples of each).

--edit: Oh, yeah, and we need a Ray Parker, Jr. Minimate from the

!! :buttrock: (just noticed that our newest Senator from Minnesota is in this video :D )

Would also be cool if we got the GBs in tan suits

Edited by karamazov80

The Scolari Brothers are a must! I find it curious that neither of them was packed with courtroom Peter. Maybe we'll see courtroom Ray and Egon in a future release and they'll each come packed with the Scolari brother.

i think everyone can agree on the Scollari Bros, Janine (seriously, why HAVEN'T they made her yet?), Vigo and slime blower Ray & Winston. But to continue the line, they'd need even more versions of the guys to keep interest in the sets for profit concerns.

So, I'm thinkin' they should have variants of the REAL Ghostbusters. More colorful suits that's proven to be great for toys, and just the right amount of extra '80s nostalgia to keep things fresh. But maybe that's just me?

I'd like to see a minimate of the recruit you play as in the new game.

that would be cool and he could come with a ghost from the game...

** like the fisherman from the hotel sedwick....

Edited by S7EVIN

Don't forget Dr. Janosz Poha ("Soon, the city will be mine and Vigo's... mainly Vigo's") - he could even be coated with the slime and packaged with Winston or Ray with the slime blower.

Egon with the overcoat from the first GB movie is another option.

How about Louis with the straightjacket with the wired collander on his head

Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him--that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.

post-1827-1247189179_thumb.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him--that of a giant Sloar! Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.

Ha!

"Are you the gatekeeper?"

The only ones I would be bummed to not get would be:

Janine (1 or 2 style)

A regular Dana

Characters that would be awesome to get:

Vigo

Scolari Brothers

Walter Peck

I agree about the Real Ghostbusters sets, I think those would be amazing. The awesome thing about the Ghostbusters license is that there are just so many characters and variations, and honestly, I see all of them as awesome options, not cop outs. Case in point: the slimed Venkman. A simple repaint, yeah, but that pack is so fun, you have to smile when you see it. I guess what I am getting at is that this line has captured the energy and feel of the movies so well.

To be fair, I feel the same way about the T2 sets. I look at them and I say "BAD A**!", like I did when I first saw the movie. Art Asylum has done so well with everything I have seen so far.

Here's what I'd want to see:

-a some form of civilian Ray and Winston to go with Courtroom Peter and Lab Egon

-Ghostbusters 2 Egon

-Gooey Peter, Winston, and Egon

-Slimed Egon, Ray, and Winston (yeah, not cannon to the movies... well at least not if they match Peter... but it'd look neat!)

-normal Louis and Dana

-Janine

-Vigo

-the Scolari brothers.

If they get rights to Real Ghostbusters I would definately want those variants (and an early design Janine, not so much the later version) but the only Ghost in the series I can think of that I'd want is Samhaine. (maybe were-chicken Egon? I really should pick up the DVD)

I haven't played the new videogame, so I don't know if I'd actually want a figure of "Rookie" or not but if they can make Ghost from the game they could always make him.

And what's everyone's take on "eXtreme Ghostbusters", if that license is included with Real Ghostbusters would they make good minimates? My personal opinion: No, since with the acception of Kylie design wise they're just 'Latin Peter', 'Wheelchair Ray', and 'New Winston' and they'd just take up space.

Here's a few more from the two movies we could see.

The blue subway shost from the first one

Titanic Ghosts

Janosz Poha as the evil nanny ghost. (I always found that one a bit freaky)

There's also the possessed fur coat from hte second film, but I have no clue how that one would be done as a Minimate

If we get RGB minimates (does anyone know if the licence covers the animated shows or just the movies/video game?) I'd love a Sanheim, the Anti-Ghostbusters (The marshmallow covered suits from the first move animated by the PKE energy), the Boogieman, the Ghostmaster, or Cthulhu. Heck, more ghosts of any kind would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

that is awesome! I recognize the helmet (BTTF Doc) but where is the straight-jacket from?

that is awesome! I recognize the helmet (BTTF Doc) but where is the straight-jacket from?

Hannibal the Cannibal in the Silence of the Lambs set.

OOH OOH! OOH! Pick Me! I think they should make some of the ghosts forom the Ghostbuster's Game (not the ones already made though)

Given the amazon set seems to be stalling (I can't even find it on eBay), I'm betting game-exclusive tie-ins are probably not going to happen. Nostalgia is gonna sell another wave of this line