UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

Looks good but that new Superman outfit is awful. I'm surprised they didnt do a new head sculpt for Supergirl

Yeah, Flash at least can pass for Wally in your collection, but I can't really see that Superman being a big seller (well, relative to other Superman toys). I don't think kids will recognize him as being Superman now, and not some variation, you know what I mean? Like Samurai Spider-Man or something like that.

Agreed, maybe it can be cosmos superman or lame ass redesign superman. However, Atrocitus is looking great!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're like me, you've accumulated quite a bit of DCUC Build-A-Figure parts. Unfortunately they're for several different characters. Any interest in getting a little BAF swap group organized so we find a home for these pieces and get ourselves a cool BAF in the process?

I am most interested in Kilowog (and Bane). If we can generate some interest in this and everyone wants a different character, we should be able to "pay it forward" and help each other out...

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Edited by handsomedevil

I have extras for Stel and Arkillo (due to the doubling up of the 2-in-1 R/Y/G Lanterns). I need a Kalibak arm (I just have to check at home to see which one) to finish him.

I'm also looking to sell some of the ones I've completed (or nearly). (And some of the single figures, too.)

Edited by TENIME_art

I need a Kalibak arm (I just have to check at home to see which one) to finish him.

If it’s the one that comes with Shazam I might be able to help

I need a RIGHT leg compatible with Arkillo (so Kilowog, Brimstone, or Validus will also do) for a custom anyone got one?

I need the one that came with Hawkman (right arm), and handsomedevil has it. :)

Figures:

Killer Moth

80s Aquaman

Commander Steel

Mantis

Guardian

Forager

Robotman

Rerelease Public Enemies Superman (even trade for original release - the rerelease is really tan-skinned & the blue & red are too shiny metallic for me)

Shark

Muddy Batman (even trade for original release - black & grey - Public Enemies Batman)

Barbara Minerva Cheetah - Clothed (even trade for "naked" version)

Blue Devil

Negative Man

Cyclotron

Jemm, Son of Saturn

Omac

Golden Pharoah

Tyr

Kamandi

Hourman

Obsidian

Jason Todd Robin

Spandex Riddler

Movie G'Hu (unremoved from package, even)

Metallic Hal Jordan w/green & yellow lantern (also unremoved from package - I just wanted the constructs) vs. Sinestro (who was removed from the package to display, but I'd rather have the upcoming Yellow Corps. version in the Nekron wave)

White Lantern Hal Jordan

CnC Parts:

Despero's legs & right arm

Giganta legs, torso & right arm

Brimstone's right arm

Arkillo's left leg

Stel's right leg

CnC Figures:

Atom Smasher

Chemo except his left leg (could never find Black Adam)

Imperiex

Validus

Wants:

Etrigan

Orion (wave 1)

Classic Aquaman (short hair, orange shirt)

Slade (unmasked) Deathstroke

Tim Drake Robin (all red)

Solomon Grundy

Silver Captain Atom

Eradicator

Suit Riddler

Metallo

Modern Hawkman (who the Kalibak arm I need comes with :lol:)

Abin Sur

Hawkgirl

Gentleman Ghost

Green Parademon (a few, actually)

Original Release Public Enemies Superman (even trade for Tan & Metallic Rerelease)

Original Release Public Enemies Batman (black & grey - the rerelease was metallic blue & grey - even trade for Fists of Clay "Muddy" Batman)

Starfire

Color of Fear (Romat Ru, Karu-Sil & "Father" - if I can get three of "Father," that'd be awesome, since they're known as the "Fathers Three")

a few Manhunter robots

Barbara Minerva Cheetah - "Naked" (even trade for "clothed" version)

Modern Supergirl (if only I hadn't already gotten Lex Luthor from the Skeletor pack...<_<)

Stargirl

S.T.R.I.P.E.

All the figures are in excellent condition, and any flaws were there in the package (like, Guardian has a loose joint somewhere, IIRC; one of Atom Smasher's arms doesn't want to stay connected - it won't fall out, but it comes loose if you try to turn the shoulder joint). I can supply pictures, but it might take a few days, as they're packed away (pics of G'Hu & TRU Hal are in my sales link in my sig).

I am absolutely up for trading figure for figure & CnC figure for CnC figure. If you just want money, I might not be able to bite immediately, as my toy budget isn't huge.

The Color of Fear set currently goes for about $50+shipping on eBay, so if you can beat it (even just $50 shipped), I'll take it. Immediately. :lol:

Edited by TENIME_art

All my CnC/BAF parts are on my Want/Have List (page 1, post 19). PLEASE take a few moments to check it out. Post where your list is located & I will do the same. I'm open to multi-person trades to make it easier on everybody too. My goal is for everyone to complete at least one BAF!

I can't drop it til I have Kilowog built!

All my CnC/BAF parts are on my Want/Have List (page 1, post 19). PLEASE take a few moments to check it out. Post where your list is located & I will do the same. I'm open to multi-person trades to make it easier on everybody too. My goal is for everyone to complete at least one BAF!

I can't drop it til I have Kilowog built!

I got Kilowog sitting right on my desk. Its an awesome fig. Hope your able to get one together. I went the ebay route to get him complete.

You taunt me, HJ! :P

I was at TJ Maxx tonight and found a Golden Pharaoh for $3. I resisted him a few weeks ago at $5, but I caved! Of course, he is the only one in that wave WITHOUT a BAF piece. If anyone has a TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ollie's close by and stumbles upon any of these from the Validus wave for $3, please let me know. OMAC, Jemm and Starman are the last 3 pieces I need.

And if anyone has a line on anyone from the Kilowog wave (besides Question), PLEASE let me know. This BAF is my current grail, Poozers! :lol:

Wish I could help you out hd, I sold all my DCUCs including Kilowog, who was the only one I completed, last year. The only two I own are Deadman and Black Hand. I'm planning on getting Atrocious and Green Arrow and Sinestro from wave 20 though.

Is it Sinestro corps Sinestro or Green Lantern?

You taunt me, HJ! :P

I was at TJ Maxx tonight and found a Golden Pharaoh for $3. I resisted him a few weeks ago at $5, but I caved! Of course, he is the only one in that wave WITHOUT a BAF piece. If anyone has a TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ollie's close by and stumbles upon any of these from the Validus wave for $3, please let me know. OMAC, Jemm and Starman are the last 3 pieces I need.

And if anyone has a line on anyone from the Kilowog wave (besides Question), PLEASE let me know. This BAF is my current grail, Poozers! :lol:

LOL, Keep an eye on ebay. I got mine for $42+6 shipping

• 3 weeks later...

Literally the greatest Poison Ivy ever produced, possibly the most attractive female sculpt. As she is my favorite villain of all time, and even though i was hoping for "First Appearance" Ivy, this is absolutely stunning and could not be happier with how she turned out. Color me impressed, Mattel.

But damn, they dropped the ball on Superboy. He doesn't even wear that costume yet, is it that much to ask for a show AND comic accurate figure in one?? :rolleyes:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Matty Collector has some more pics, including DCAS ones. Superman and Flash are... so bad. It's not Mattel's fault, though. I can't decide who's a more embarrassing artist these days, Jim Lee or Joe Quesada. I'm leaning towards the big Q, since I just read One Moment in Time the other day, but those costumes... :sick:

Edited by hellpop

I kinda like the Flash, mostly because they actually mixed in the yellow that appears when he runs, unlike the DC Direct version. But DC Direct absolutely knocked these out of the park, so Flash will be the only one i get if they don't make non-pants Wonder Woman.

Still hate the designs of course.

EDIT: Better pic of Ivy's face. Wow, i think i'm in love. :wub:

acxwdi.jpg

Edited by Twisted Two-Face