UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No collection's complete without Bat Mite!

I think my collection will have to be incomplete then, my KMarts sold out of the exclusives and have yet to restock, but I did find GA Batman at TRU and for $3 less I’ll consider it fair enough trade for Batmite...

I also finally found the Joker/Harley 2-pack, Harley’s a total meh figure (I have wave 2 Harley with a Hush head, this is worthless to me and if someone else wants it PM me) but Black Tux Joker is a big favorite of mine so I’m glad to finally have him, now I just need to make a cast of my Kia Asamiya staction figure Joker’s head to switch with his and he’d perfect.

I've actually got four within a reasonable driving distance. I've also got five Wal-Marts, four Targets, and two TRU's within a 1/2 hour of my house. I live in retail heaven or retail hell, depending on your perspective. And yet I still struggle to find things at times. :confused:

Annnnnndddddd....we have our club! Yay!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/dc-universe-club-infinite-earths-update

Note that figures will be cheaper for subscribers (like me!)... and that Mattel will reopen the subs for another window.... and that Metron will be the club exclusive figure... so, if you didn't get a sub the first time around, keep your eyes peeled.

Is anyone still seeing Wave 16 in their area? If they are, can you keep an eye out for Azrael Batman ;) I know if anyone is aware, but someone has started a light up a Metron petition to Matty. Worth a shot, given the club doesn't launch until next year I think and it can't hurt.

Finally found crime syndicate at my local walmart with a $70 range price, great looking figures, but I just couldn't do it. Also found batman legacy wave 2, not bad figures, but batman has no batmite confused.gif

Hey Serge, Batmite's a K-Mart exclusive. And, of course, they're not carrying him on their website. Why would a retailer carry a store exclusive on their website? <_<

Crime Syndicate's pretty awesome, though, even at that price.

I haven't seen AzBats at all, actually. One thing Mattel has been consistently bad at is predicting which figures will be the most popular in a given wave and should be double-packed. Supposedly they've been sending out hodge-podge cases of past figures to Target once again, but they didn't include AzBats for some reason. :confused:

There are reports that wave 19 (the JSA wave) has even started turning up at Target... all of a sudden, it's like a DCUC onslaught. I still haven't seen wave 17 (no big loss) or all of wave 18 (also no loss, as I bought Bronze Tiger and Captain Boomerang loose for less then retail), and now wave 19 is supposedly shipping. Crazy. I'll be glad when the club begins.

Finally found crime syndicate at my local walmart with a $70 range price, great looking figures, but I just couldn't do it. Also found batman legacy wave 2, not bad figures, but batman has no batmite confused.gif

Damn dude. I would have snatched that up. I can't force myself to shop in Wal-Mart anymore, so even if we didn't have DCUC vultures living here (which we do), my chances of finding that would be really slim.

Hey gang, I was able to snag AZ-Bat at a local toy show thanks to a buddy of mine. Only paid $15 for him :D Still need to track Bat-Mite down though.

• 1 month later...

So Mattel announced the first wave of "New Direction" figures yesterday... don't get too excited. Wave one of DC Universe All-Stars consists of:

-Larfleeze;

-Superboy Prime, in his Anti-Monitor armor;

-Flashpoint Plastic Man;

-And Batman Beyond, seemingly a straight repack of the DCUC wave 4 figure.

And that's it, those four, with no more C&C. I have to say, if the idea of the relaunch and moving "Classics" to Matty.com only was to get more recognizable characters in stores... I'm baffled. Okay, you've got a Superman and a Batman, sorta. But if the idea is to get Moms to buy these for their Little Jimmys, are Mom's going to want to buy creepy evil-looking Superman? I don't think so. And we may know Larfleeze is a Green Lantern-related character, but there's little about him that says so to the uninitiated. I mean... he's orange. As for Plastic Man (and I say this with a huge amount of affection for the character, for Jack Cole), he's not any more recognizable to the general public then the Golden Age Flash or Poison Ivy, two of the upcoming Matty.com offerings. Moreover, the general reaction from the toys/comics community seems to be "Plastic Man was in Flashpoint?" That's not good. I get that he's an easy, cheap repaint, but what good is that if he's going to sit unbought for the next year?

I can't quibble to much with Batman Beyond, other then that he's a rerelease; I hope Mattel at least decides to trick him out with some extras. But, as a relaunch of a toy line that's supposed to get us excited, I think this is a big failure. Only four figures? I have a bad feeling that we're looking at Infinite Heroes 2.0, in which those first four figures were everywhere, and just sat and sat and sat. Especially coming at the same time that Hasbro has great things planned for Marvel Legends, this could be a disaster. Let's hope Wave 2 knocks our socks off.

Edited by hellpop

Just a quick question to car fans out there.

So my favorite car currently is the Lamborghini Aventador, and it's also the rumored "Batmobile" in TDKR. Found a fairly cheap 1/18 replica on eBay in black that i want to use with my custom Bruce Wayne (Movie Masters Bale head on Ghostbusters Peck Body), but DCUC is 1/12.

Should this look okay?? I haven't been able to find any comparison photos anywhere, so i wanted to check before i buy the wrong size.

• 1 month later...

Case anyone's interested (and, considering this thread hasn't been updated in a month, I'm not sure anybody is), Mattel announced the next wave of DC All-Stars over at CBR. New DCU Superman and Flash, black and silver Supergirl (to pair with your old black and silver Superman figure? I dunno about this one), and the gem of the wave, Red Robin. Of course, some people are upset because he uses an adult body, so he's Kingdom Come Red Robin, not Tim Drake, but I'm just fine with that.

Looks good but that new Superman outfit is awful. I'm surprised they didnt do a new head sculpt for Supergirl

Yeah, Flash at least can pass for Wally in your collection, but I can't really see that Superman being a big seller (well, relative to other Superman toys). I don't think kids will recognize him as being Superman now, and not some variation, you know what I mean? Like Samurai Spider-Man or something like that.