UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

Really strong wave, I'm actually trying to remember a wave that was this strong in what seems like ages. Glad to see them pulling their heads out of their 4 point of contact finally :D

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Good: Best wave in a while. That says more about the last few waves than this one, though.

The Bad: They do a JSA wave and somehow manage to !@#$ it up. Magog? MAGOG!? Does anybody want him? Ugh.

Of all the JSA villains to choose... Kobra? Don't get me wrong, I like Kobra well enough, but c'mon... Psycho Pirate! Per Degaton! Vandal Savage! Those are JSA villains.

Hawkman variant... underwhelming.

Given the Four Horseman's Kirby love, I'm surprised they didn't do the gold/purple Sandman. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I prefer that look.

I'm sure we're all thinking it, soooooo... how do you do a JSA wave and not include the Flash?

Overall: Back on track, at least.

Magog? MAGOG!? Does anybody want him? Ugh.

Me! I want him for Kingdom Come's sake, not for the horrible thing(s) this character became the three times they've shoehorned him into the DCU proper.

Loving the whole wave! I'm so excited for Stargirl and S.T.R.I.P.E! Not too thrilled about the Hawkman rehash, but I will hope along with the articles writer for a modern Sandman variant.

I'm sure we're all thinking it, soooooo... how do you do a JSA wave and not include the Flash?

Overall: Back on track, at least.

Jsa wave and no flash? I didn't noticed that, what the heck dc!

So I found the GLC pack yesterday with the cat, the jellyfish, and the squirrel... very cool, though I really wish they'd gone with Ch'p. So close...! I'm also now only a right arm away from completing Stel, who's a terrific figure. These toys may be a pain in the @$$ to collect, but they are usually worth it.

Here, by the way, are my suggestions for a hypothetical third wave of Green Lantern Classics:

Arisia

Larfleez

Hector Hammond/Guardian

Red Lantern Laira Bleez (see below)

Goldface

G'nort (thus stretching the use of the term "classic"...)

C&C Atrocitus

Edited by hellpop

So I found the GLC pack yesterday with the cat, the jellyfish, and the squirrel... very cool, though I really wish they'd gone with Ch'p. So close...! I'm also now only a right arm away from completing Stel, who's a terrific figure. These toys may be a pain in the @$$ to collect, but they are usually worth it.

Here, by the way, are my suggestions for a hypothetical third wave of Green Lantern Classics:

Arisia

Larfleez

Hector Hammond/Guardian

Red Lantern Laira

Goldface

G'nort (thus stretching the use of the term "classic"...)

C&C Atrocitus

G'nort would be amazing! Larfleeze is a must. I'd like to get a Saint Walker and Indigo-1 to round out the New Guardians. How about a Bleez part swap figure along with Laira?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mattel DC news... DCUC is going to Mattycollector.com after wave 20 (which includes Hawk, Dove, and the Reverse Flash, so I'm happy), subs are available now. There's apparently going to be a new retail line based on the (ugly) DCnU costumes. Which makes no sense, since DCD showed figures for the new costumes. But whatever; I'll be happy to buy one figure a month and not have to hunt retail. :thumbsup:

I reckon folks are gonna run into the same issues trying to order that they've had with He-Man. There must be at least as many DCUC collectors as He-Man collectors, and if they're all forced to order there. . .

At least the subscription thing on it looks better than the Voltron one. They want $35-$50 per lion, plus $15 per 3 3/4" figure. And the only incentive to buying the sub is that you get to buy a Sven figure. $15 for a 3 3/4" figure...plus shipping. I expect Matty might choke on Voltron.

$15 per 3 3/4" figure.

Uuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. They can choke on that, as far as I'm concerned (see attached video), even though I coveted the Voltron with the figures when I was a kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8s7JAmLF4M

Are you getting them Luke?

Edited by karamazov80

I reckon folks are gonna run into the same issues trying to order that they've had with He-Man. There must be at least as many DCUC collectors as He-Man collectors, and if they're all forced to order there. . .

damn, and they'll all probabaly go on sale on the 15th too. WSoD here we come! Though the DC line only happens if they sell a certain amount of subs, there's a gauge on one of the matty pages, and unless DR sucks at updating it, it doesn't seem to be moving.

I'll admit it: I bought a sub. I'm actually happy about this. I've gotten tired of the endless hunts for new figures, and though the cost of one figure has gone up, your overall DCUC costs will go down since there's less figures. My only worry is that, because you can't opt out of any figures, I'll end up getting stuck with, say, Geo-Force. So if they release too many lousy figures, I might not do it next year. But for now, I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw one lonely figure from the Super Friends wave at a Wal-Mart the other day, Toyman, which I did not buy. But I'm going to be on the hunt for Broze Tiger and Captain Boomerang now. I've not seen the Blackest Night figures anywhere yet, which is welcome, actually, because my fear was that they'd sit there, untouched, in every store in the country, clogging the pegs of this line even further. But if retail stores have just skipped that wave entirely, well, all the better.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing HP :unsure: Like you, I'm glad that wave was skipped over. I still need to get Azrael Batman from Wave 16 and was lucky enough to buy an extra case from a friend of mine of Wave 18. Debating on if I'm going to commit to this DCU sub. They definitely seem to be pushing it hard on Facebook. Still, I kind of wish it was a JLU sub or that was included in that sub. As much as I think we had a good run, I think it would be a good way to get make the figures they couldn't sell to retail :)

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the Catman and Golden Age (or Earth-2) Batman today at K-Mart from the Legacy sub-line. I strongly recommend both these figures, and you should try to pick up Batman, at least from the Big K. That's because he comes with a store exclusive Bat-Mite pack in. No collection's complete without Bat Mite!

• 3 weeks later...

So, the sub failed. Or, at least, failed to get to 100%. Right now, the powers that be at Mattel are meeting to try and figure out how to move the club forward.

I get why some people were put out by the idea, but to me, the only thing that bugged me about the sub was that the DC one, for some unexplained reason, was the only one to require a minimum to go through. I don't see why DCUC collectors get jerked around, when Voltron and Ghostbusters just waltz through. I assume that the cost of the license makes the cost of the figures higher. Whatever. I just want more DCUC!

Speaking of which... the Crime Syndicate 5-pack is showing up at Wal-Marts, for a hefty price, but well worth it. Great figures, with Owlman being the real prize. If you've read Morrison and Quitely's JLA:Earth 2, you've gotta get this set.