UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

I just won Blue Beetle Ted Kord and Orion. I was bidding on Deadman and Vigilante but lost them in the closing seconds. I am actually looking for anything in series 8, 9, 10, 11, 13 except Superboy. I would also want Obsidian (Todd Rice), Big Barda, Etrigan, Black Manta, Major Force and the Ultraman/Luthor 2 pack that I missed getting for $15 last week.

I'm trying to get most of these with the C&C to build the figure too btw.

I just got home and forgot to mention what I just picked up. I got Alan Scott, Hourman, Gold, Kamandi, and Zatanna along with the Green Lantern 5 pack.

Edited by HotstufflouieB

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, no. He only has his bow with the molded arrow. I don't have any of their CnC pieces either, BUT, I do have a COMPLETE Kilowog that I could sell. I'd like th sell the figs pretty cheap, I just don't want them, so maybe that'll help if you have to resort to ebay for the CnC parts.

How was the paint app HP? Bought the set the other day and couldn't find one that didn't have a few paint or knee issues. Make sure you check out your right knee. I saw one that was pretty bent up. While I love the line, I am tired of the posing and q/c issues. You'd think with 15 waves under their belt they'd have improved on that by now. On the bright side, I've got my WM Wave and can chill until Wave 15 and the GL Waves start hitting :D

How was the paint app HP? Bought the set the other day and couldn't find one that didn't have a few paint or knee issues. Make sure you check out your right knee. I saw one that was pretty bent up. While I love the line, I am tired of the posing and q/c issues. You'd think with 15 waves under their belt they'd have improved on that by now. On the bright side, I've got my WM Wave and can chill until Wave 15 and the GL Waves start hitting :D

I don't know how the paint apps were, because I wasn't kidding when I said my wife wouldn't let me open it. Well, I dipped into the Christmas presents fund to pay for it, so I guess it's only fair. :blush:

I think the QC on this line has gotten a lot better with the last few waves. I bought and opened an Amazo a month or two ago, and had forgotten just how fragile they seemed. Most of the QC issues I have now stem from the poses the figures are positioned in. One of the ones I bought recently- Kamandi I think- had his knee pretty badly bent, so much so that I had to adjust for that when posing him. I know it looks neat to put them in funky poses, but I wish Mattel would do a better job keeping these issues in mind.

My other complaint about this wave is that Zatanna, though an exquisite figure, stands very poorly, and doesn't have holes on the bottom of her feet for a stand. Right now, mine's leaning against Aquaman, who will have some explaining to do if Mattel ever makes Mera.

BTW, dunno if everyone saw, but packaged shots of the Bane wave are up at all the usual places. New package design that looks a lot like the 75th anniversary design. Bad news is that the pins are done. I'm gonna miss them. :(

Yeah, the posing seems to be a lot of collectors complaints. While it might be great for the MOC people, it sucks for the openers. That problem you described is what I noticed on one of the Hourman that didn't have any issues. Not looking forward to dealing with this once I open mine up :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to him too, but think the Mera excuse is a little sad on Matty's part. Sorry toy companies, but every once in awhile you have to do a new 100% sculpt. Especially if you are constantly asking fans to put their money where their mouth is with your lines :rolleyes: Also, isn't a little too late to get on the GL:BK bandwagon? I know the movie is coming out, but why not put this in with the GL line?

Considering the fact that i just picked up DCD's Wave 6 today....i couldn't care less. I was really hoping the rumors wouldn't be true; as big a Lantern-fanboy as i am, i wish they'd take the attention off of them for a bit. Especially the deputies. A fun idea turned into a stupid cashcow money grabber thing, and i hate it.

I WILL pick the wave up though. Mattel managed to make several look nice, and even better than DCD's (however, DCD's SS Wonder Woman will be the pride and joy of this shelf. Hate Mattel's) and the Anti-Monitor is nice. Though...what's with the cape??? Has he EVER had that??? :blink:

EDIT: Just remembered it's his Brightest Day costume...that he's been seen in for like two panels. Lovely.

I LOVE how Mattel attempt to mirror DCD's sculpts on some of these though. Black Lantern Hal...looks a little familiar... ;)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Not really happy about this at all. If I wanted figures of these, I'd have just bought the DC Direct ones. That means we'll be going at least into sping without any more Metal Men, JSA members, an Elasti-Girl C&C... bah. I just hope the Super Friends rumor doesn't turn out to be true.

Oh well. Guess I'll save some money. :down:

Seriously, can DCD and Mattel both survive while they keep tripping over each other product wise? I can't see DC fans clamoring to get all the DCD Blackest Night figures and then still getting the whole Mattel wave just for the Anti-Monitor (or vice versa).

And since Mattel says they cut costs by not including Mera, will they be dropping the price some?

Speaking of Lex, where's my power suit Lex? That is one that just seems like a no brainer with little retooling. Same goes with a Bruce Wayne, since both could use the body from The Question basically.

Does anybody here know if it is true that Walmart is selling the Green Lantern 5-packs for 29.95 now?

It's still full price on their web site, and I still have yet to see one in stores, so I can't say. Frankly, I'm still waiting for last year's pack to be discounted to a decent price, so I can pick up a Lex Luthor (not the armored one Tenime's been pimping, which was originally released as part of the DCUC precurser, DC Super Heroes, by the way).

I was actually talking about Lex in a business suit TENIME, thanks Pickle :D Oh, and yes, in my area the Wal Mart's are clearancing them out at $30. Hell, if I know other stores, they are marking it down even more. Seems to be a store to store difference with both Wally's and Target during this time :rolleyes:

Can someone post what it says (or pictures), please? Facebook is blocked on my work computer... :unsure:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search....=dc+universe+17

if you're still blocked:

-White and Black Lantern Hal

-Blue Lantern Barry

-Indigo Tribe Atom

-Purple slutty costume Wonder Woman

-Sinestro Corp Scarecrow (who will look GREAT when they reuse his parts to make a Batman Classics Scarecrow, not so great here)

-Agent Orange Lex Luthor (with some slight retooling that Mattel hints they'll repaint into normal Luthor someday... most appealing of the bunch since Clear Plastic looks so neat!)

Build-A-Figure is Anti-Monitor

No Merra (though they imply she will come later, it took 15 waves to get to J'onn so how soon that 'later' is anyone's guess... I can't image she's really *THAT* expensive to make since they could reuse a LOT of Big Barda's parts.)

In other words it's "DCD's Best Of Darkest Night Wave 3 and 4" but from Mattel!