UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

They've been spotted in Florida and North Carolina. I really, really desperately want this wave (three of my ten most wanted- Hourman, Zatanna, and Kamandi- plus my most wanted C&C) but I just have no desire to spend a week driving to Wal-Marts every other day before they show up. Looking for 15 (and not finding it) really left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope to see them in california sometime in the next two weeks, I really just want kamandi and gold, I still of yet to see the gl pack

Funny story about that GL pack... I was in a Wal-Mart a few months ago, right when that set was hitting, and I saw a case of them among the new shipment. I didn't really want to buy it, so I didn't ask for anyone to open it or anything, but I wanted to take a look at it and so a few days later I headed back there. And all I saw were the Gotham City pack. And that's still the only evidence I have that the GL pack was actually released. But you can get Guy Gardner for about $20 loose from China on eBay, and everyone else for less then that, so that's what I recommend.

Double Post Action!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after six Walmarts (the last having a full case of wave 13 on the pegs) I only found three. Also I only found them at the first two Walmarts :(

I got Zatanna, Kamandi and Tyr. Only four more to go and I will try the first two Walmarts again this Friday.

Oh, and I hate you Walmart... just sayin'.

*EDIT* Holy crap, and my posts are almost 24 hours apart :ohmy:

Edited by pickle

Well, you beat me: I went to five Wal-Marts, and found two, Kamandi and Alan Scott. One of which, GL, was on the floor under the shelf. Not the first time I've found a figure down there. But what's really cool is that, during my trek, I discovered that Target's running a DCUC sale for $7.49, and I was able to get Wal-Mart to match the price for my Kamandi. If I can get them to do that for the rest, I'm going to hold onto the GL receipt and hope to find another.

GL's a very nice figure, but undone by the curious choice to sculpt him with his mouth open. I know he's supposed to be yelling, but it makes him look like a dullard. Everything else is top notch.

And Kamandi... oh man Kamandi. One of my favorite character, from my favorite Jack Kirby book, and just impeccable. I really can't wait to find the rest, because this wave easily has my favorite character selection, including the C&C.

By the way, pickle (and anyone else that may have found these), did you find them in regular or Super Wal-Marts? I ask because the two that had them were super, and the regulars were a bust. There was a rumor going around that only the supers were going to be getting these, which I don't think is true, but it's odd nonetheless.

Yes, both were super Wal-marts..... hmmm..... curiouser and curiouser.

I also found out that day that Target had the $7.49 sale and grabbed a classic Booster Gold. The price was right.

I am gonna give it two more goes, this friday and next weekend to find the rest of 14, after that it is resort to begging time.

so they might be showing up just at super walmarts?

guess I know what I'm doing this friday, when I get paid.

Also anyone else see this?

http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/23155.shtml

leaked wave 18 lineup:

Supergirl

Flash

Captain Marvel Jr.

Power Ring

Dawnstar

Blackhawk (with variant)

wonder which flash it could be?

totally excited to see dawnstar,but no metal men what the heck?

I think the Ultraman/ Alex Luthor set is part of Matty Collector's upcoming sale. Might be a good time to pick that up.

Blackhawk's a personal favorite of mine, so I'd be glad to get him, and Dawnstar will no doubt go quite nicely with the Legion figures. And GA Flash, right now, seems like the biggest remaining omission.

What Supergirl, I wonder? More of a classic one? That could work.

I went back to one of the Wal-Mart's I'd found them on Tuesday... and found everyone save Hourman. Unfortunately, they wouldn't match the Target price, so I just picked up Zatanna. I've a suspicion that Wal-Mart's going to have a sale on these in the not-too distant future, so I recommend holding on to your receipts, fellas.

went hunting yesterday, and found nothing, three walmarts, two which where super walmarts, and none of them had dc universe. I really just want gold, and I really don't want to resort to ebay. hope they show up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky. BR has been a hoarder/scalpers haven for these kinds of toys for years now. If I ever ran across a good GI Joe or DC figure, it was by persistence (which I don't have the luxury of exercising anymore) or blind luck. I'll have to go to eBay to get my JSA fix.

Edited by karamazov80

I haven't bought a DCUC in forever, but couldn't pass up Raven, Sinestro Corps Batman and Martian Manhunter for $7.50 a piece last week.

Are there two versions of Martian Manhunter? There were two there with the conehead and an axe hand. The back of the box looks like a normal head and hand...

So I'm bidding on a few loose ones on Ebay and I found the Gentleman Ghost/Hawkgirl at a Walmart in my area. I'm trying to get some of these things again.

Which ones are you hoping to replace? Are there any you are having a hard time tracking down?