UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

I'm conflicted, because I keep wanting to sell my DCUC guys since they just sit in a box in my closet, but then again, I really want to have my teams! And Golden Age Starman and J'ohn are essential to that. I kinda want Raven, too, but the schizophrenic Titans age/scale issue has made that less of a priority. I guess the forthcoming Robin, the little Kid Flash, the adult Cyborg, the weird costumed Beast Boy, the 2-pack Starfire, and the Perez-era Raven would work, but. . .I dunno. Still need Speedy and Aqualad, anyway.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found wave 15 today. Everybody except Starman. :angry: If anybody stumbles upon an extra Starman, please PM me.

Is it really a Kmart exclusive wave? :blink: I hadn't heard anything about that. Perhaps it's just the brick-and-mortar shipments that are exclusive?

post-1173-1287271987_thumb.jpg

Edited by God Magnus

From what I hear GM, it isn't a exclusive per say. They just get a head start on the rest of the retailers. The real crappy part is these are hitting before Wave 14. I got lucky thanks to a friends generosity and received modern Starman and Golden Pharaoh in the mail today. I have to say some pretty nice looking figures and hope to see these locally or I might have to rely on out of state trades to wrap up the waves. Mattel's distribution is killing me in my area. Although the TRU JLU are hitting pretty steady. I've seen everyone but BB Superman w/Starro so far.

Ah, that's what I get for trying to read the forum and keep my 15 month old out of everything :lol: I totally missed that in your picture. I honestly thought it was an exclusive myself, but who knows. This could be a test run to see if exclusives are viable in K-Mart :)

found wave 15 at kmart aswell, it was the first time I went into a store and found the exact dc universe classics figures I went looking for, it was awesome, and the figures themselves are great.

Ah, that's what I get for trying to read the forum and keep my 15 month old out of everything :lol: I totally missed that in your picture. I honestly thought it was an exclusive myself, but who knows. This could be a test run to see if exclusives are viable in K-Mart :)

No, you were right the first time. Kmart first, then everywhere else. Mattel's previous exclusives, the Wal-Mart waves and the Target Public Enemies wave, weren't offered to etailers, just those stores. Dunno why they put that sticker on, but I remember waves 8 & 9 turning up at TRU with "only at Toys R Us" stickers months after they had been released. If there's one thing life has taught me, it's that stickers aren't always true.

There's also this floating around:

http://www.printablecouponfeed.com/kmart/25733

At the ones by me, they still had DCUC priced at $12.99; if they stay at that price point, that means you can get wave 15 for about eight bucks a pop. Pretty darn good. I'll even buy Raven and SC Batman for that price.

A friend of mine traded me an extra Jack Knight he got for a New Mutants box set I picked up for him. Nice enough figure, but it just doesn't look like Jack Knight, you know? Too bulky, for one thing. Looks like one of those Jakks Pacific Vince McMahon bodies.

Thanks for the coupon hellpop :)

Got a Yellow Lantern Batman and Pharaoh today at the Watertown Kmart for myself and picked out a couple more for Christmas.

Also, apparently an express TRU opened in that mall and found myself the highly sought after Supergirl / Lex 2-pack.

Good day for the classics.

Trying to get out and look tomorrow. Hoping for the best; there was shockingly a full case of 13 on the pegs last time, so i'm cautiously optimistic.

Thanks for the coupon, hellpop; gonna split the purchase in two and have dear ole Mom pay right after me, so i can attempt to use it twice. As if the $7.00 wasn't low enough. ;)

I also saw a TRU Express open up in my mall, RIGHT ACROSS FROM my favorite LCS!!! :lol: Found a case of 2-packs, and hoping to still find the Hal/Abin set Weds. Cautiously pessimistic about that, to contrast.

Well, I unfortunately had no luck at the three K-Marts I drove to (at least they're all about 1/2 an hour apart). I hadn't heard about the sale price, so I was shocked to find them for that price. Shocked and bummed, since I had them all. I did buy a couple, to use the old "buy something for less and return it at Target using a different receipt" trick. Do you guys know about this? For some reason, items don't show up on Target's receipts with their individual SKU, but with an item code that covers everything in that category. So any DCUC figure (or MU, or GI Joe, or Transformer... you get the idea) that you buy will have the same number on the receipt, regardless of wave. So if you were to, say, buy a couple of older ones that you already had for clearance prices, you can save them and use the receipt you get when you do find a figure you want at Target (the hardest part of this equation) and no one's the wiser. Not the most ethical thing in the world, but... er... I got nothin'. Anyway, it's small compensation for driving around all day and coming up empty.

Right away that poll pisses me off. People are voting for a Hawkman that looks almost exactly like the already produced Hawkman over Golden Age Mr. Terrific? WTF? Not like Terrific has a chance to win the whole thing, but that's ridiculous.

--edit--And then I saw Speedy. There is a chance!!!

Edited by karamazov80

Right away that poll pisses me off. People are voting for a Hawkman that looks almost exactly like the already produced Hawkman over Golden Age Mr. Terrific? WTF? Not like Terrific has a chance to win the whole thing, but that's ridiculous.

That was my main gripe, too. Serieously.

The whole thing really just makes me want a Dan Garrett Blue Beetle.

Mattycollector 'Cyber Monday Sale' DCUC sets have been announced.

Adam Strange and Starfire Figures

Alexander Luthor and Ultraman Figures

Justice in the Jungle: B’Wana Beast and Animal Man Figures

Funny how they leave out the set that would be the most popular, Color of Fear.

Well, I might grab a couple extra sets.

Mattycollector 'Cyber Monday Sale' DCUC sets have been announced.

Adam Strange and Starfire Figures

Alexander Luthor and Ultraman Figures

Justice in the Jungle: B’Wana Beast and Animal Man Figures

Funny how they leave out the set that would be the most popular, Color of Fear.

Well, I might grab a couple extra sets.

I think that one might have actually completely sold out. I'm guessing these are probably items that they've held back for replacements and the like. I might pick up the Luthor/Ultraman set-- it's the only one I don't have.