UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my Matty order yesterday as well (National thing?? :lol:).

I can't fathom how Plastic Man became so much fun...but i can't put him down. i actually stopped playing with Darkseid, and Darkseid USED to be my "never. ever. putting. it. down" figure!!! Like...this is the most fun i've ever had with a DC toy. And i don't know why!!!! Also,if you have JLU Plas, the Girder he comes with is a VERY fun accessory to this version!!!! :lol:

He doesn't beat Mo-larr though. Easily my fav of this year's SDCC.

EDIT: Question...where did everyone find their File Folders with Plas?? Because unless i missed mine in the eight times i've looked...mine ain't here... :(

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Quick question for those who have opened their Plastic Man's, is there a place inside to stow the suitcase? I'm curious, since I could store Gleek next to Jayna(I think?) in the packaging until I'm ready to display them.

Quick question for those who have opened their Plastic Man's, is there a place inside to stow the suitcase? I'm curious, since I could store Gleek next to Jayna(I think?) in the packaging until I'm ready to display them.

Not that I know of. There isn't much extra room in the outer box and the inner is just a carded figure like any other DCUC.

You may try Big Bad Toy Store. They ship internationally (though I don't know how much they charge), and though you'll have a tough time finding the more popular figures, they stock up on what they can.

So guys, Is there a place on the web that an Australian can buy DCUCs for a reasonable price? Much like Luke's Toy Store for minimates.

My LCS gets some of the DCUC figures in. If you've got a 'wants' list, i could let you know if they have any of the ones you're after and let you know what they retail for.

I guess it depends on what you feel is a reasonable price demonpr. Right now, most places are between $13-15 per figure and online is slightly higher unless you buy them by the case. Unfortunately, you living in Australia, regardless of whether someone gets a screaming deal or not, shipping is going to kill that buzz :pinch: If you need any help though, lmk.

I guess it depends on what you feel is a reasonable price demonpr. Right now, most places are between $13-15 per figure and online is slightly higher unless you buy them by the case.

By the time these show up at retail within Australia, they usually end up at arounf $29.95 - $35.95. Even with a poor exchange rate, it's quite a big jump.

Yes, but you also have to factor in shipping down under too Nessex. Worst case scenerio, with those prices you are probable breaking even. I know, I've sent plenty of things there and it's incredible the racket the USPS has, even before the gas shortage it was expensive.

Agreed - shipping from China (our next door neighbour) to America & then back to Australia does factor in to the cost - which is something i find frustrating. It's a shame that toy companies don't run their distribution direct from the country of manufacture.

I'm going to visit my Dad in China next year - maybe i should see if he knows the location of the Art Asylum factory. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so my next big goal is to get the aquaman DC Vs MOTUC Set or at least the Aquaman from it. How are these sold are they TRU Exclusives? If so. IS there anyone willing to help me get one and ship it to me at cost? Looking at the ebay iinflation on the superman he-man set I really would like to avoid the hit to my wallet.

I've also just added Hawkgirl, Atom, Guy Garnder, and Cap Marvel to my collection. :D I post pics when I've recieved tham all.

Edited by demonpr

Ok so my next big goal is to get the aquaman DC Vs MOTUC Set or at least the Aquaman from it. How are these sold are they TRU Exclusives? If so. IS there anyone willing to help me get one and ship it to me at cost? Looking at the ebay iinflation on the superman he-man set I really would like to avoid the hit to my wallet.

I've also just added Hawkgirl, Atom, Guy Garnder, and Cap Marvel to my collection. :D I post pics when I've recieved tham all.

Both packs are really common at my TRU...

Both packs are really common at my TRU...

How much do they retail for? I assume AM will be the same.

Usually $25-$30; pretty much $15 a figure, which quite frankly is now like $2 cheaper for a DCUC, and about $15 for MOTUC with shipping. Great deal, and it's how i got my He-man and Skeletor.

They're pretty common at mine too. At first, being "OMFG LOOK AT THESE!!!!" statused when they were announced, they sold fast. Now they just sit there. I'm hoping to get that Aquaman one, so i can put the upcoming Gold Armor on Mer-man, and i REALLY need/want a plain, Silver-Age Aquaman.

• 4 weeks later...

Wave 15 has finally started to show up at online stores. The wait for 14 and 15 has been KILLING me, 14 especially, because 4 of my top ten most wanted (Hourman, Kamandi, Zatanna, and GA GL) are in that wave, plus my most wanted C&C. I've been waffling on 15; definitely want both Starmen and J'onn, but that looked to be it, until I saw the photos over at Fwoosh, and now I'll be getting Omac as well, at least.