UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

My five year old picked out DCU Superman at Walmart with his allowance. He loves Superman, and he loves the toy.

However, I was VERY disappointed that the package was labeled "Adult Collector". I have never seen this on a toy before. While I understand that the market for toys is only seeing growth with adult collectors, this label really bothers me.

Adult Toys has a very specific connotation to most people. I hate the thought that I just bought my son an adult toy. Creeps me out.

What's the deal with this? Has Mattel been doing this for awhile now? I can forgive labeling packages like this with website products, but toys in the kids' toy section at Walmart? Does this bother anyone else?

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I JUST started picking a couple of these up, mainly favorites that havent been made into minis i.e. Vigilante and Firestorm. Is there a good place to find a list of whats been out or a good place to pick these up? I've been on ebay, amazon, bbts, etc trying to find a couple...

mattycollector.com forum trade/sale thread is good, thats where i scored a loose aquaman for 20 bucks! just a warning it aint a organized thread

Kilowog is awesome...

...if you can find the parts to build him! <_<

So out of the blue, I stumble across Katma Tui and John Stewart tonight. Anybody have the other four pieces needed to build Kilowog? :biggrin:

Guess not. :( If I can't find the other pieces, I'm planning on returning the two figures I have. Anybody need those two?

I do! It's ironic that wave 11 is the only wave ever that I really want to complete the BAF fig for (and let alone keep all but two figs), and I have not seen a single fig from the wave. Wave 8,9,10 I saw every single figure (even gentleman ghost, was going to buy him, but didn't want to spend the money, and I didn't know he was so hard to find), but wave 11 nada.

Has anyone seen Negative Man or Blue Devil at retail yet? Seems like the H asst is what is hitting stores in my area, which is kind of a All Star asst :( Although I should be thankful that I've found all but those and Cyclotron :blush: Make sure to check out your local K-Mart's Punisher, I found a SC Cyborg Supes a few days ago in my area. If you want I can keep an eye out for you ;)

$h!t

I was literally thinking yesterday of selling off my entire DCUC collection. But Golden Age Starman? Manhunter? Freakin' Validus??

Legion of Super Heroes cannot be far off now.

That Batman looks ridiculous, though.

DCUC: Martian Manhunter and Raven are the only two in there I'd want.

JLU singles: "Barry Allen as the Flash"- How is that any different from the same tired old JLU Flash we've seen in just about every wave???

DCUC: I want everything but variant J'onn, so keep those full sets on the site, Matty!!!! Especially Modern Starman!!!!!!!

JLU: "No, but you see!! He has eyes!!! and a new logo and lightning belt!!! It's Barry!! Just like how that is totally Power Ring!!" :rolleyes: When i find my Aquaman, Braniac, and BB singles, i'm done with the line. All i've seen of the new singles is Star Sapphire and bought her on the spot. But i want Arthur Curry. :(

Bigger pics on Matty's facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?a...;id=57309659843

I hope I have a chance to compare the Martian Manhunter versions before I choose one. The Modern Starman looks fantastic! Batman would certainly be better if he matched his comic appearance but I'll put him with my other Sinestro Corps members and be happy.

Edited by God Magnus

So guys, due to a series of events I have 2 sets of DCUC wave 12.

This means that I have the entire wave up for grabs including the variant of Mary Marvel! The only one I don't have is the variant of Spectre.

If anyone is interested in these I'm willing to be very reasonable on price/trade.

I would prefer to part with them as a set but am open to just about anything.

Essentially I'm willing to trade them for ANY characters we don't have as long as they are complete (including BAF piece). They can be loose, I'm not picky.

Anyways, let me know.

Does this mean that every one has wave 12?

Because I have no use for 2x each of these (they're just for my boys to destroy).

Like I said I'm willing to be very responsible on price or trade for a wide selection of characters (we only have about 50 characters).

Anyways, let me know.

Sorry for bumping. I promise I won't do it again. :P

I'm set on series 12 & 13 Nestle'. Most people I trade with already have the sets too, but I can always check around other sites to see if anyone needs a set, lmk.

Guess who found a Vigilante at retail today?? :)

Guess who put back Vigilante in favor of all-new JLU he'd NEVER see again??? :P I plan on going back this weekend for more JLU and Vigilante when i get paid. Feels great having another piece to Giganta, finally. I have the Head/Crotch from GG (who i so very fortunately picked up at my LCS like 3 weeks after the release. This was before he was rare, and i bought him because of the Brave and the Bold cartoon honestly. SO happy i did!!) and the stupid base with Hawkgirl. Figures i'd find the rarest and they have the least-important parts right now.

The hunt for a cheap Commander Steel begins; good thing i love the JSA.

Hate to double post...but oh my Gods....

So i went into a different Target today, and figured i would check the toys. "Huh, A-Team movie figures. Gotta come back for those. Ah, there's the DC stuff." I was a little depressed upon flipping through the pegs to see all Firestorms, Cyborgs, and Shazams! again.

Until i found one Commander Steel. :O After typing the above post a few days ago to now, that is creepy. But SOOO good to have almost all of Giganta done. :)