UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the variant Deadman and Super Powers version of Steppenwolf tonight. I wasn't even expecting these so soon! (especially since I haven't found Joker or Beast Boy yet!)

I like John Stewart, Katma Tui and the Question, but the Kilowog BAF is the only thing I HAVE to acquire from this wave. If anyone is interested in the two I found or has any Kilowog BAF pieces available, please PM me! :thanks:

If anyone see the Question, please let me know. I'm a huge Question fan and have enough trouble finding these guys. I'm willing to pay or trade. lmk

I saw a few of these yesterday including The Question. I did not like the way they did the suit and the the overcoat. It makes the suit jacket look like a bib. I will go back today and if they still have it I will pick it up for you Espo.

Just want to let anyone who ordered this wave from Mattycollector to be on the look out for the regular Deadman in stores. For some reason, even though no one is supposed to, almost everyone seems to be recieving the clear-appendaged variant. While i haven't gotten my shipment yet, i'm sure most of you want regular Deadman; i, personally, prefer the "ghostly" version, so i hope i get that one.

Just a heads-up. ;)

Punisher, with shipping it's about $16.00 per figure and stores will be bumping up the price here real soon. Factor in time and gas, it doesn't seem that bad to me. If I had the money I would jump at this. That way all I would have to do is look for the figures that showed up with a bad paint application. I know price is always a factor, it has been for me in the past. It's also bit me in the ass a couple of times and thanks to it, I may never find an original Fry and Zoidberg close to the original price I passed on.

Well, my order from Matty came today!! :) This is really one of the best waves yet, whether you are as much of a Lantern fan as me or not. The attention to detal on these, while they se the same body types, just gets better and better, and it realy hit a hoe run here. There is only one thing i'm mad wth:

No clear Deadman. :confused: The normal version is fantastic though!! I've heard complaints of thin paint on the D and untidy lines of paint, but thi one is near perfect with small blotches only if you actually look for them. Hal is getting John's fist-construct, and i really see no reason for Kat's two construcs, but both are great. Kat is byfar te stinker of the wave though. I couldn't tell from pictures online when people said her arms and legs are like toothpicks, and thought they were exaggerating. They weren't; i'm afraid one slight turn will snap her!!

Oh, and the Wog is beyond awesome. :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Kat is byfar te stinker of the wave though. I couldn't tell from pictures oline when people said her arms and legs are like toothpicks, and thought they were exaggerating. They were; i'm afraid one slight turn will snap her!!

Is it a new female body sculpt?

Can someone tell me a bit about Chemo?

How do I get the "bubbly" one?

I believe the bubbly part is a running change. The later have of the figures produced will have te bubbly part included where the earlier released figures will not.

Can someone tell me a bit about Chemo?

How do I get the "bubbly" one?

I believe the bubbly part is a running change. The later have of the figures produced will have te bubbly part included where the earlier released figures will not.

Pickle is correct. It was fairly smart the way they did it, though. If you have one with one Wildcat, you can hunt down the variant with the other. I personally like the unbubbly on. :blush:

And @God Magnus: I believe Kat is an all-new sculpt;if her body isn't, her arms and legs are most definitely. the things are literally like toothpicks, which just looks terrible. Posing her is a real pain. I you are't a Lanern fan and don't care about building Kilowog, SKIP HER. She's just awful;she's a geat character and i think Kat is pretty cool because she gave John actual character at one point, but the 4H really screwed up this time.

Beautiful head-sculpt though, for what it's worth. :confused:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I've got a Dr. Fate (yellow) w/BAF part if anyone here wants it for cost. Would prefer to ship loose :)

Also got a JLU Super Friends 3 pack (Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Samurai)

Edited by karamazov80

Also got a JLU Super Friends 3 pack (Apache Chief, Black Vulcan, Samurai)

I saw that 3-pack online a few weeks ago. I couldn't believe my eyes. That set is such a cool homage to some forgotten characters from my youth. I will snatch them up as soon as I lay eyes on them. Where did you find 'em, K?

I completed Grodd (gorillas are my favorite animal), and had a friend grab me Lobo (the year he was an exclusive). That was it. I wasn't going to get into this line. Even when I grabbed the Clayface 2-pack and Green Arrow, there wasn't a desire to start in on the rest.

Then, I found Wave 10 at Wal-Mart (minus Man-Bat, who a friend is trying to help me with).

:rolleyes:

Better [extremely] late than never, right?

Here's what I have so far:

DSCN3449.jpg

DSCN3451.jpg

(Vigilante & Mantis didn't make it into the group shot)

It is going to be so expensive trying to catch up... :wallbash:

Edited by TENIME_art

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this online,http://www.toyark.com/dcu-wave-12-out-retail-10754/

and it just upsets me. My wal mart and target always has the lame no good figures all the time. while these ones just stock the new ones. I mean I hate buying them off ebay since their obviously overpriced.

my walmart never even got the wave 10 or the gotham 5 pack. I never ever seen one different dcu toy besides Dr.fate at another towns target,and I think but not sure a hawkgirl( yeah I know what a dumbass I am for not picking it up). i usually see the usual peg warmers(blue beetle, capt.cold, cyborg, dr.impossible, and captain marvel). I just wished my local stores would just stock the new lines.

Tenime, that group shot looks great. I love how colorful these figures are. And Serge, Mattycollector is starting to carry these, and will release sets of 8 for, I believe, every regularly released wave from here on. They released wave 11 already.

Personally, I have made the decision to do JLA, JSA, and classic Teen Titans if/when they come. The only others I would collect are personal favorite-type characters. Can't afford to buy these just for the sake of buying them, particularly when I don't have shelf space for them and they just stay in a box in my closet.

Wave 12 is on its way to me from BBTS as we speak.

Edited by karamazov80

I saw Dr. Midnight and non-glow-in-the-dark Spectre (and "all-star" Batman) from the new wave already tonight. I've only seen two from the previous wave on one occasion. The wave schedules, poor distribution, lame characters and price hikes have all but killed this line for me. :( Seems like that's what happened with the Toy Biz Marvel Legends too.

That being said, this is last call for anyone that wants the variant Deadman or Super Powers Steppenwolf...

well, I talked to some of the employees at the target i work at and they pulled out what they had, they had two hawkman!, so I bought one and also they got wave 2 of the target exclusive batman/supeman movie series. So I picked up major force to see if anyone wants them. The coolest thing though is their 7.99 at target now, and with my emoployee discount, awesome deal!

Handsomedevil, It'll be great if you picked up the dr.mid-nite, I've been looking for one like crazy.

Edited by SErge