UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stumbled upon a helmetless Big Barda variant at Meijer tonight. Too bad it wasn't last week when they were on sale for $6. She'll be going on my trade thread for now. I'll offer her at cost plus shipping in a couple weeks if nobody wants to trade something for her.

I also swung through a WalMart on my way home. Does anybody still need a Beast Boy, ManBat, or Forager? They had several of each and I can probably swing back by in the afternoon tomorrow.

Donster, keep an eye out at Target for Wave 8, if you can. That's where most of the reports of older waves being restocked are coming from. At least, from the circles I run with, anyway.

Well i thank you all for acknowledging Wave 8 at Targets; while i didn't think it possible i stumbled upon a lone Wave 8er at a Target i was Christmas shopping at, and i'll be damned if i didn't buy her right up:

Hawkgirl. :) Needless to say, i am beyond happy. She's a great figure; niggles with the waist staying "straight" in relation to the wings weight, if you see her: buy her right there. not only will you not see her again, but you'll regret passing up such a great toy. Wingspan is fairly impressive too.

Also picked up Modern Booster Gold at one of my LCSs today; just got into Booster's series thanks to Blair Butler, and i love it. Obviously i had to get Booster himself. Only now i want Ted...and Barry...and Arthur...dammit, i thought i was content with helmetless Barda. :confused: Atom Smasher, here i come. At least i won't have trouble finding Kid Flash and Captain Cold!! :lol:

And, since this can't be an all-happy post, once again Wal Mart gets in TWO new cases of DCUC. And all SIX Jokers are gone. Again...sigh...i am not paying $60 for something i only want because he's Bat's arch-foe and he builds Imperiex. <_<

I've seen Commander Steel and Vigilante out a couple times in the past week reminding me that I was thisclose to finding Hawkgirl. It's really starting to get old!

The hunt for Joker and Beast Boy is ticking me off too. I'm boycotting Walmart for anything other than their exclusive toys.

I did find a ML Tigra tonight though. The hatch on Nemesis' helmet piece was broken at the hinge, but luckily they had another one to exchange. The customer service lady looked at me like I had two heads when I told her that I wanted this figure with this BAF part. I felt like saying, "Hey bitch, I picked the one with the best paint apps for a reason and it wasn't to get stuck with a busted up BAF part!" :lol:

Edited by handsomedevil

Wave 13 up for pre-order from BBTS. What the heck is this case about, though?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

2 Blue Devils, 2 Nu Blue Beetles, 2 Negative Mans, and 2 Cyclotrons?? Not taking anything away from the coolness of some of these characters (particularly Cyclotron, who I had the toy of as a kid), but does someone think that these will be the more popular characters from this line?

Be that as it may, it seems to me that people will be under-ordering the case that I listed vis-a-vis the other one. Not that this wave is full of popular characters or anything, but I figure Wondergirl, Superboy, and Cheetah will each be more popular than any figure from that other case. . .with the potential exception of Negative Man, who might be more popular than Cheetah just because people will want to get their Doom Patrol together. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Edited by karamazov80

Vis a vis? I never thought I'd hear an American using that word :lol: I always thought it was something that the English made up to sound superior to us Yanks :P Back on topic, I think if you ventured outside of the Minimate forum you'd be surprised at how excited some folks are on this wave Kara. Like you, it's ok for me. I probable won't get Cyclotron, as I missed the whole Super Powers thing. I'll most likely pick up the rest though. I just hope they do a Connor Superboy in the future.

I go to a few other forums, but rarely the Dou. . .er, the Fwoosh or places like that. I haven't seen much interest. I'm sure every wave is of interest to hardcore comic geeks, but what casual fan is gonna see these and say, "oh my God! It's Nu Blue Beetle, Blue Devil and Cyclotron! Gimme gimme gimme!"

Did anyone brave Mattycollector today for B'Wana Beast amd Animal Man?

I'd have been more likely to get the Superfriends Robin and Hawkman... had they been made available with some slim chance of arriving by Christmas. As it stands...

Although I'm going have to have a serious "come to Jesus meeting" with myself about that recreated Mego Green Arrow. I still have the remains of my mego GA. No boots, belt, quiver, hat, or bow, but he's still in one piece in his filthy costume. Lord knows how much I LOVED me some Megos back in the day. Blasted economy. :(

Vis a vis? I never thought I'd hear an American using that word :lol: I always thought it was something that the English made up to sound superior to us Yanks :P Back on topic, I think if you ventured outside of the Minimate forum you'd be surprised at how excited some folks are on this wave Kara. Like you, it's ok for me. I probable won't get Cyclotron, as I missed the whole Super Powers thing. I'll most likely pick up the rest though. I just hope they do a Connor Superboy in the future.

I'm sure you probably know this, but the Superboy coming out IS Connor. That was his costume all the way up to Young Justice. When Geoff took over Teen Titans though he gave everyone a new look. Wondergirl dumped the leather jacket and black wig, Bart became Kid Flash & Connor... Well he changed into a T-Shirt.

Oh yeah, for sure. I mentioned this over at AFI, but I wouldn't mind Connor changing into this costume. They used it in the animated Legion and I think it would fit better. At least if they reworked that concept and updating him a bit. He is still in the future with the LOSH isn't he?

I only want Blue Beetle, Negative Man, and possibly Superboy.

BTW I've only seen the wave with Captain Cold and Kid Flash around my area. It sucks because I haven't seen any of the other waves besides these. I want Flash so bad and haven't seen him around. I do want to get a Doom Patrol together but I may never see any more of these figures.

Edited by HotstufflouieB

Anyone have Mattycollector.com on facebook? If you do, they just put up pictures of the 2010 packages. I can't wait for wave 13, they keep on making me want it more.

EDIT: Totally mean wave 12, not 13. I can't wait for wave 12

Edited by pickle

Trying to find out if anyone has a DC Universe BAF Chemo upper torso and/or a left arm that they would be willing to trade. My Wants/Haves List is post#47. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

What figures do those go with? If you live in WA State you might try Freddies :thumbsup:

I think I saw somewhere that Green Arrow will be re-released in an upcoming wave, anyone know if this is true?

on a side note, noone has a spare laying around do they? :D:thumbsup:

Green Arrow will be re-released in 2010 as part of their All-Star figures (along with Power Girl). And Green Arrow is apparently showing up right now at some Toys 'R Us stores - not sure why.

I think I saw somewhere that Green Arrow will be re-released in an upcoming wave, anyone know if this is true?

on a side note, noone has a spare laying around do they? :D:thumbsup:

Green Arrow will be re-released in 2010 as part of their All-Star figures (along with Power Girl). And Green Arrow is apparently showing up right now at some Toys 'R Us stores - not sure why.

There's a rumor going around that TRU stores got some sort of "exclusive packout" case featuring select figures from Waves 7 and 9...it's weird; they even have a \"Only at Toys 'R' Us" sticker...

Glad you found that Chemo piece, blockmerchant. He really is one the best CnC yets; he's both fun and a real joy to look at on the shelf. :)

Now if only i'd be able to look at him next to Giganta...instead of just her Head, Crotch, and Base...:rolleyes:

EDIT: I love my luck. Guess who just arrived on my doorstep?? i'll give you a hint:

Purple

Playing Cards

Leg of Imperiex

That's right; TTF now has his Joker. :)

Which he found at retail value...online.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face