UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those still finding waves 8-10, can you check out my trade list and help a brother out? I'm also curious, which Wildcat looks the best? I've seen both, but can't make up my mind and at this time I'll just be happy if I find one. I've got some of the local guys looking for me, but I think the secondary market has upped their vigilance because of it.

For those still finding waves 8-10, can you check out my trade list and help a brother out? I'm also curious, which Wildcat looks the best? I've seen both, but can't make up my mind and at this time I'll just be happy if I find one. I've got some of the local guys looking for me, but I think the secondary market has upped their vigilance because of it.

I actually REALLY like the blue/purple variant. It just looks better than the black for some reason...maybe it's becasue it looks more like cloth than say leather; the lblack looked too shiny for me. It's all a matter of preference though; both should be equally easy to find, at a 50/50 variant, so it's all up to personal preference and how you picture Wildcat.

And karamazov, that is just fantastic!! I'm assuming that Manhunter is a DCD, and since Mattel apparantly hates him, any idea what line he's from?? Would love to pose him with the others. Oh, and is your Diana a WGSH or a Despero wave?? I need to build Despero anyway, but if the WGSH version has improvements and looks better, i may just hunt down Artemis instead... :confused:

TTF, that Manhunter is from some DCD line where you could switch out his head with his martian head. "Secret Identities" or something. They also had a Batman and Batgirl with removable, maskless heads I believe. He is the best looking Manhunter that I've found.

As for Wonder Woman, I don't know what WGSH is ("World's Greatest Super Heroes"? Is that the "all star" wave?), but mine was from the Despero wave.

And to echo Donster, let me also say that I'm looking for a Wildcat. Either version. Once Mid-Nite is released, I'll need to have Wildcat, Fate, Spectre, and any other golden age JSAers, so if someone runs across an extra, give a poor, obsessive fellow collector a head's up. Will trade Minimates!

Be patient, TTF. Mattel is unquestionably on a Super Powers homage kick with this line. Martain Manhunter was a part of that line, and I'm sure they'll get to him.

K80, Those released DCUC figures without their C&C pieces are labled World's Greatest Super Heroes, instead of being part of a wave.

Yeah, I think MM is on the horizon for next years wave? That's what I heard over at Action Figure Insider, who are big Mattel supporters. For those on Facebook, I'd recommend adding yourself to Mattel's fan list.

For those keeping an eye out for me, I only need Hawkgirl and Gentleman Ghost to complete my Wave 8 Giganta BAF :) Sure, I'd love to get the classic Fate and the parademons, but I might resort to ebay for them. To complete Wave 9 Chemo I only need Deadshot, Green Arrow and Wildcat. Once again, I would love the Mantis modern chase and either version of Wildcat, but at this point, I would just like to finish out the BAF. Hopefully the Wave 10 stuff starts hitting our area by Thanksgiving. If they wait until Christmas, who knows where we'll find them in the store :(

Found all but one of wave 9 today. Black Canary and Green Arrow are now in my Top 3 favorite figures of all time. Does it help that all 3 are 3 of my favorite DC characters?? Yea...probably...;)

Just need a Robot Mantis now, but luckily my LCS guy will be getting in another case. I'm not liking the spotiness of these, though. I mean, three different trips just to get THIS far. :rolleyes: C'mon, Mattel; get with the picture.

Yeah, I as well just need Robo mantis (well, he's the only one i want now...)

Bring on wave 10 and 11!!!!

Yea...i like the Superpowers version better. I'll probably look into the comic-accurate one eventually just for the New Gods' (and Jack Kirby's) sake, but i don't need him yet.

Oh, and 10 has been out for a month now, if ya didn't know. ;) Quite frankly, that has to be one of the DUMBEST waves other; the character selection is fantastic!!! FOR A NORMAL, NON-WALMART EXCLUSIVE WAVE!!!!!!!! Who in their right mind would throw all of those to an even shoddier-distributed wave?! Joker is just as popular as The Bat himself, Power Girl (one of 2 Wave 10 figs i want) is fairly known and even more thanks to Public Enemies, Beast Boy got big in his Teen Titans GO! fame, Man-bat was a high-demand figure when he was made a SDCC exclusive, Robot-man (the OTHER figure i want; love the Doom Patrol) is also GO-fame thanks to Season 4, and Batman is practically God to a child (and die-hard fans love the all-black Keaton-suit MINUS Bat-nipples). That leaves Forager and CnC Imperiex, but if you're buying ALL of those POPULAR figures and aren't a New-Gods fan, why would you still want an incomplete wave and Imperiex?! It'd be worth the extra 13.99 to finish him than risk never doing so. This wave was a total disaster and in no way should have been made a friggin WalMart Wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

It's two figures Mattel; can i not just have my two figures?!?!?!?!?!

Damn, I had no idea! Luckily, there are only three fig I'd like (Joker, BB, and Robot-Man). But when wave 11 comes around, I'm screwed. Kilowag is the only BAF so far that I want to build. The good thing is that there's only two figs from the wave I don't want (Steppenwolf and the GL Girl) Anyone know what fig comes with the stand for that wave?

Supposedly Power Girl from that wave is being re-released with a stand later with a "regular" wave:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Why Joker wasn't announced first. . .I have no idea. However, given that there is apparently no agreement that the Wal-Mart figures can't be re-released, I would place money on getting another Joker at some point. Either with a stand, as a repaint, with a slight modification (with trench coat and hat), or possibly all three.

Do Canadian Wal Mart carry this line Nestle' or are you screwed like the other international community? Not that I've seen them in my stores yet. I've had to form alliances just on the slim chance that one of us will find them eventually. I might start calling in favors at this point. I still need to wrap up Wave 8 & 9 at this point, let alone start tracking down 1=Wave 10 :confused:

I remember a Mattel Q&A saying that wave 10 should be available in non-U.S. Wal-Marts.

Are DCUC really still a hot scalper commodity or is it just the Wal-Mart exclusives?

The WM Exclusives and wave 9 are "hot scalper commodities." I believe that Mattel only gave e-tailers 25% of what they ordered for wave 9, inflating their value.

Edited by karamazov80

As a JLU collector, and an avid observer of this line, I've come to one inescapable conclusion: Mattel, like Barbie herself is with Ken, is just a giant tease. All this pretty to look at and promises of satisfaction, but you can't actually touch it without the equivalent of a dream house or corvette payment and then you still don't get exactly what you were promised.