UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they come with one of the variants Hot? Otherwise, I don't think I do :ermm: Also, this might work better in the swap meet. Good luck.

Yeah they come with the variants but I didn't want a Batman Beyond without his mask so I just skipped on that one. I see Cyborg everywhere I go and I still haven't picked him up. I just got Adam Strange/Starfire pack two days ago. I like them but Starfire's right foot doesn't want to stay straight. I figured I'd ask if anyone had Despero's arms and almost all of Grodd.

• 1 month later...

Who'd the leg come with Nestle? Also, sounds like your boys got the repacked best of Shazam figure. They seem to be the one's that come like this. Anyway, let me know and I'll keep my eye out for you. Right now I'm debating on whether I'm getting a case of Wave 8 & 9 or waiting for these to finally hit Target <_< Anybody recommend anyone that still has these available by the case?

Yeah, I didn't know they were repackaged without BAF parts until I had bought it.

It IS the Cap Marvel piece we're missing. I'm not sure I want to buy another Cap Marvel, so it's kind of annoying.

As for Series 8 & 9...

My boys are actually really interested in the Chemo set right now (9) and they only have Hawkgirl & Gentleman Ghost from 8. That being said, if you're looking to buy some by the case I'm definetly interested in chipping in for 2 reasons:

1: If it'll cheapen them for the 2 of us

2: Series 9 seems pretty hard to get ahold of. This is mostly I think because people on ebay think they need to charge and arm and a leg to ship to Canada. Idiots.

Anyways, let me know if you want to do something like that.

So has anyone here actually seen Wave 9 in stores yet?? Well, besides the member who saw them that we talked about in the BSG thread (sorry i forgot your name; i'm too lazy to check...:blush:), that is. I've tried my TRU, but so far nothing; maybe Friday, if they even decided to still stock DCUC. <_< My LCS guy even said he has no idea when they'llhit, but he'll try to hold Canary and Arrow for me when they do (seeing as they are the reason i'm buying the wave)...

It really does look to be one of the hardest waves to get ahold of yet, besides the first Wal Mart one. It's a real shame that at SDCC they said that the new Wal Mart wave will get new and improved distribution so they'll be easier to find, when the regular-release waves are getting harder themselves!! Oh, and i haven't seen the new Joker/Power Girl etc...Wave or the 5-pack yet either; go figure, Mattel. Honestly, work on your regular venue distribution BEFORE you go to special/exclusive release distribution!! If you know anything, it's certainly how to anger your fans.

That being said, from what i've seen Arrow and Deadshot have been getting really great reviews!! Everything was positive except for Arrow's bow, which is molded in solid plastic...and really throws off the overall look (and possibilty) of the figure. Shame...

Not looking for a laugh here ....but there is actually a character called Chemo????? Not the greatest choice of name.

I get what you mean, but think about all of the other horrible (and painfully OBVIOUS) names Comic Book characters have had:

Radioactive Man

Bushmaster

Rainbow Raider

Polka-dot Man

Bug-eyed Bandit

Paste-pot Pete

Arm-fall-off-Boy (yea. He actually exists. Guess his power; go on, i'll wait.)

Animal-Vegetbale-Mineral-Man (ah, the 60s <_<)

Captain Boomerang

Infectious Lass

Spurt Hammond

Fatman, the Flying Human Saucer (okay, this guy just deserves an EDIT. Seriously, WTF?!)

so yea; while Chemo is bad, he isn't exactly the worst. Luckily, he's helped because he is really a damn cool character. That doesn't happen often with these guys...

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Yeah, I want to say he was featured in the 1st Green Arrow appearance on the JLU cartoon. Not the best choice for a name, but it has to be difficult for comic companies because of all the copyright headaches that go along.

If he's black, no. If he's blue, yes. Quite frankly, this is one of the weaker 50/50s they've done; the black will obviously be the one to sell to those that aren't scalping or buying everything. :confused:

And damn. I guess i need to remind my LCS guy that whenever the hell he gets them, i need a set. Oh well...that or it's $120 out of my wallet. :(

I'm a fan of the JSA, but I agree that a blue Wildcat is pretty stupid. 80s Black Canary would have been much better, but I guess they were trying to save money with a straight repaint.

THAT EYESORE?!?!?! Dear God, i try to pretend she didn't wear that; that costume looked like crap.

Personally, i think that they should have done a different head sculpt with a ponytail, ditched the jacket, and made Dinah's daughter the variant. Much more worthwile, saves a spot for a future character, and i'd be very happy to have both. :blush:

Don't get me wrong; i LOVE old-school Canary, especially the not-so-revealing costume. But i love the modern, married-and-partner-to-Arrow Canary better. It'd be nice to have both.

All things JLI are great, and with Beetle, Booster, Cap Marvel, Bats, Dr. Fate, and Mr. Miracle (at least), we've got a fair number of those guys already. Surely a G'Nort/Guy Gardner 2-pack can't be far away. That Canary in that costume is essential for that crew, though.

All things JLI are great, and with Beetle, Booster, Cap Marvel, Bats, Dr. Fate, and Mr. Miracle (at least), we've got a fair number of those guys already. Surely a G'Nort/Guy Gardner 2-pack can't be far away. That Canary in that costume is essential for that crew, though.

Well, i agree with you there; i'd be all for Guy and G'nort. And they ahve a VERY good chance of being made, along with probable variants for Kyle (Modern) and Warrior Guy, seeing as how Mattel is treating the line's "themes" yearly; this year was the year of the New Gods, next year is supposed to be the year of the Green Lantern kicking off with Wave 11!!! As you can see, i'm excited, and would buy everything they put out. :lol:

I found a Black Canary today! Now I'm just an arm away from a complete Chemo. I want to put a Minimate inside his torso but I'd have to take the arms off and reassemble it ship-in-a-bottle style.

As for Canary, it's a bit odd that they used so much brown paint on her hair. It looks decent from a distance but up close it looks a bit sloppy.