UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEGAMAN!!! the classic! YES!

YESSS! Definitely. I love Megaman so much, more then any Marvel character around. Megaman X was always my favorite, though. Does that make me unpure? :blink: Or shuold I say, "corrupted"? Heck, I wouldn't REALLY care if they even did Megaman Battle Network, since all the characters in that are essentially homages/rip-offs/new incarnations of the originals.

I LOVE MEGAMAN!!! :)

I third that <_<

Megaman has been growing on me something fierce every since ive watched the anime . The cartoonish nature of the character is perfect for mates. NT Warrior (aka Battle NEtwork aka Rockman EXE), Mega Man X (everyone loves that series right?) or the original would work.

All id ask is that characters like , oh, Cutman receives actual blades molded onto the shoulders or at the very least have removeable blades that the buyer could glue in place if they wanted.

A bombman minimate....dear...Gawd....

MEGAMAN!!! the classic! YES!

YESSS! Definitely. I love Megaman so much, more then any Marvel character around. Megaman X was always my favorite, though. Does that make me unpure? :blink: Or shuold I say, "corrupted"? Heck, I wouldn't REALLY care if they even did Megaman Battle Network, since all the characters in that are essentially homages/rip-offs/new incarnations of the originals.

I LOVE MEGAMAN!!! :)

I third that <_<

Megaman has been growing on me something fierce every since ive watched the anime . The cartoonish nature of the character is perfect for mates. NT Warrior (aka Battle NEtwork aka Rockman EXE), Mega Man X (everyone loves that series right?) or the original would work.

All id ask is that characters like , oh, Cutman receives actual blades molded onto the shoulders or at the very least have removeable blades that the buyer could glue in place if they wanted.

A bombman minimate....dear...Gawd....

1. hell ya man definetly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!megaman is my favorite i would love to see heatman or magic man.and dr wily wil be insane.!!!!!then the mets!all megaman minimates will come with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!a bombman minimate will be awesome
  2. MEGAMAN MINIMATES NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't a M*A*S*H set be cool. In a couple of waves you could get all kinds of cool characters:

Captain Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce (in Maroon Bathrobe & Cowboy hat)

Cpl. Walter "Radar" O'Reilly

Lt. Col. Henry Blake

Father Francis Mulcahy

Maj. Frank Burns

Maj. Margaret Hot Lips Houlihan

Cpl. Maxwell Klinger (In Drag)

Captain "Trapper" John McIntire

Cpl. Maxwell Klinger (Fatigues)

Captain Benjamin "Hawkeye" Pierce (Hawaiian Shirt & Fatigues)

Colonel Sherman T. Potter

Major Charles Emerson Winchester

Col. Flag

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of a Megaman line, I would like to see a Nintendo 5-pack, with Megaman, Link, Simon Belmont, Samus, and Mario (or something along those lines; getting the licenses from Capcom and Konami, etc. might prove difficult). I think that the iconic nature of these characters would make for some great Minimates.

Regarding the "real people" Minis, like Star Trek, 24, the proposed Heroes and Veronica Mars sets mentioned here, etc., I'm actually not such a big fan of these ideas. Though I think some of these figures work (like Spock), the Minimates seem far better suited to cartoon and comic book characters to me. I got the Back to the Future set the other day, and I only recognize Marty b/c of his iconic vest and hair, and Doc b/c of his hair. Biff looks like Eddie Brock to me and Lorraine just looks like a generic 50s girl, and I think this is the case for a lot of these figures (does anyone think the President Palmer figure looks right?). Again, just looking at the top of my page here, I think that Tony and Michelle from 24 series 2 look awesome, but overall. . .many misses.

Personally I think AA has done an amazing job at conveying real person characters with very simple lines and sculpted pieces. I was just commenting to my wife how much I love the original 3" ST mates, because they basically carry the figure with 3 maybe 4 lines. They found the exact details that would make the perfect characerization of the person. I think DeForest Kelley's normal face is conveyed perfectly with the few details they use even in the 2" version. I will admit I have not checked the BTTF, 24, and FAFDM, mates super close but they seem to have the same amount of simple design with maximum impact.

I love the fact that most of the real world characters seem to be expressed through simpler means.

Oh so this isn't just a huge thread jump...

Make Final Fantasy VII mates I would kill for a Sephoroth and Cloud 2 pack.

I was just commenting to my wife how much I love the original 3" ST mates, because they basically carry the figure with 3 maybe 4 lines. They found the exact details that would make the perfect characerization of the person.

Those 3" Star Trek figures are exceptions in my mind, as well. I think McCoy's face is great there, but again, with the Star Trekkers, they have iconic outfits and guys like Spock and McCoy have faces that are easy to caricature on a Minimate. That's not always the case with real people (see the Back to the Future-Mates). I don't blame AA, I think they do what they can (and sometimes, as with the Tony Almeida pic, I think they hit a homerun), but there are certain constraints on these small, simple figures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see

Games:

Project Justice

Resident Evil

King of Fighters

Rockman/MegaMan (in time for the 20th anniversary)

TV/Movies:

Drop Dead Fred

Scrubs

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Jurassic Park (complete with Dennis Nedry)

Super Troopers

I'll be honest and say I have never heard of Drop Dead Fred before. I'm curious as to why you think a film described on IMDB as "zappy" about an imaginary childhood friend would make a good set of minimates. I'm not trying to be rude, I'd sincerely like to hear your reasoning.

I'll be honest and say I have never heard of Drop Dead Fred before. I'm curious as to why you think a film described on IMDB as "zappy" about an imaginary childhood friend would make a good set of minimates. I'm not trying to be rude, I'd sincerely like to hear your reasoning.

Rik Mayall is very funny but I don't think these would do well at all. Now a Young Ones set, on the other hand, those I'd buy. Even just a Bottom 2 pack.

I'd like to see

Games:

Project Justice

Resident Evil

King of Fighters

TV/Movies:

Drop Dead Fred

Scrubs

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Super Troopers

Kinda pointless without Dinosaurs.

Maybe these should be like one minimate with one Dinosaur(to scale of course):

Nedry and Dilophasaur

Grant with T Rex

Malcom and Raptor One

The Kids and Galimimus

Sattler and Raptor Two

Hammond and Muldoon (With Baby Raptor)

WAVE TWO: The Lost World/JP3

Roland Tembo and Pachychelaphosaurus

Sarah Harding and Stegosaurus

Billy and Pteranodon

Injured Grant an Spinosaurus

Injured Malcom and Tricreatops

Eric (Kid from JP3) and JP3 Raptor

The Annoying Parents and JP3 Raptor 2

I'd like to see

Games:

Project Justice

Resident Evil

King of Fighters

TV/Movies:

Drop Dead Fred

Scrubs

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Super Troopers

Kinda pointless without Dinosaurs.

Maybe these should be like one minimate with one Dinosaur(to scale of course):

Nedry and Dilophasaur

Grant with T Rex

Malcom and Raptor One

The Kids and Galimimus

Sattler and Raptor Two

Hammond and Muldoon (With Baby Raptor)

WAVE TWO: The Lost World/JP3

Roland Tembo and Pachychelaphosaurus

Sarah Harding and Stegosaurus

Billy and Pteranodon

Injured Grant an Spinosaurus

Injured Malcom and Tricreatops

Eric (Kid from JP3) and JP3 Raptor

The Annoying Parents and JP3 Raptor 2

how would they make dinosaurs?

how would they make dinosaurs?

No Idea. Someone made a raptor for a contest once on this forum. It looked amazing and convinced me that Dino-mates could be pulled off. They would just have to make sure that the licence doesn't come with the evil Marvel policy of two-inch only.

The Raptor is in this gallery

• 3 weeks later...

Kill Bill Mates!

They would kick ass!

I would love to see 2 boxed sets for the two movies and a blindbox of crazy 88.

Box Set 1:

The Bride in Yellow Jumpsuit

O-Ren Ishi

Go-Go

Bill

Box Set 2:

Beatrix (either beat up, or in leather jacket outfit)

Elle Driver

Bud

Pai Me

Blind Boxes:

Crazy 88 Guys w/ different heads

1 one each case will be a sepecial rare figure variant