UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a few thoughts on this today :

Sons Of Anarchy ( SOA doesn't have any toys associated with it and a rabid fan base. Also motorcycles to go with minimates would be pretty awesome )

Breaking Bad/ The Walking Dead TV series/ Hell On Wheels ( AMC is a pretty creative bunch in terms of programming and marketing so you'd think they'd be into it. )

Dredd ( The New Judge Dredd movie which as far as I know doesn't yet have toys associated with it )

• 2 weeks later...

I would have LOVED to have had Sucker Punch 'mates. Babydoll, Sweet Pea, Rocket, Amber, Blondie, Madam Gorski, Blue, Wise Man, Zombie Steam Nazi (or just called a Soldier), and an Orc from the courtyard scene... would have been SOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Well so we can have someone to marry that lovely Maria Hill minimate I would like to present Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog:

Dr. Horrible with Freeze Ray

Penny w/clipboard and petition

Captain Hammer w/ Death Ray

Civvie Horrible (Billy)

And for a con exclusive two-pack

either Moist or ELE Dr. Horrible and a minimate that all of you would buy and we all know it: Bad Horse.

Seconded

Mine would have to be

Dr. Horrible's sing along blog.

4 pack with

Dr. Horrible, Penny, Captain Hammer, and Moist. would come with Freeze ray, Death ray, Clip board, and large ego

SDCC Exclusive with Billy and ELE Horrible.

Evil Dead

Ash and Linda, with Necronomicon, Axe, and shotgun.

Scotty and Shelly, with Dagger.

Cheryl and "Battle Damage" Ash, with axe and shotgun.

variant: Possesed Cheryl.

Evil Dead 2.

Ash and ED2 Linda, with axe, "Evil" Linda's head, and tape recorder.

"One-handed" Ash and Annie, with shotgun, Necronomicon, pages, and Ash's evil hand.

"Chainsaw" Ash and Evil Eddie, with Boomstick and Chainsaw.

variant: Normal Eddie.

Fight Club.

One SDCC exclusive

Tyler and "Jack", with soap.

Dexter

One SDCC figure.

Psych.

4 pack with Sean, Gus, Lassie, and Harry.

Portal.

One Chell minimate.

How i met your mother

Ted and Robin

Marshall and Lily

Barney and Jerome

variant: Dr.Barney

American Psycho

One Patrick Bateman minimate... with swithable naked body and chainsaw

<!--quoteo(post=22351:date=Dec 16 2006, 09:04 PM:name=bruticus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bruticus @ Dec 16 2006, 09:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=22351"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thinking about it as well, Highlander and WWE would make good future licenses in my opinion. Who wouldn't want a 2.5" "Classics" Undertaker or Hulk Hogan...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You got me Thinking...I would love an Iron Mike Sharpe...that dude used to blow, but he was always one of my favorites to watch. Then I'd like a "Polish Power" Ivan Putski, Rocky Johnson, and a Piper's Pit playset with Snuka getting cracked with a coconut!.....man the good old days, when they were still the WWF

But, speaking of New licenses, gimme GI Joe,with more colorful characters than you can shake a snake at!

I'd also love to see Thundercats, He-Man, Dukes of Hazzard, and some sets like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Harvey Birdman, etc.....

So, I had to do a little digging, but I think I still feel the same way, although roughly 6 yrs later, I'd probably put GI Joe 3rd (which probably has to do more with the fanbase, which as a whole gets a big thumbs down from me these days)

But Thundercats and He-man are at the top still and I don't have to customize one of these anymore, Hooooooo! I think I was the first to mention the thundercats, and then didn't see another mention for awhile ( which bummed me out, as Lion-0 is me favorite hero/character ) not too much love either for the dukes, a-team , or knight rider either back then. I think the vehicle restriction may have had everyone turned off to those suggestions. I had wished for box sets of those iconic 80's vehicles with the mates packed in, I didn't envision the deformed look, but glad they went that way, I think it works better but the delorean could have been done better I think.

Oh well, it was nice to take a look at what was being said, and a lot of old faces that haven't been around for ages now (looking at you JL)

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm personally not a Masters of the Universe fan, I know for fact that many people are. Now, with the news that Heroic Icons will be releasing Thundercats 'mates it seems inevitable (and rightly so as they would translate beautifully in MM form IMHO) that MotU will surely be on the horizon since the company specializes in products from both of these licenses. I think it is safe to speculate that both of these will be successful. While doing a little research to refresh my memory on the characters, I was amazed at just how near perfectly the original Mattel releases would coincide with the four 'mate box-set formula. I'd love to see H. Icons simply copy the original line-ups (with a few minor tweaks here-n-there), as I think it would enhance the nostalgic feeling for MotU fans. Four waves of two box sets would pretty much cover the entire line (at least the major characters). Here's a general idea of how it could go:

Series 1

Heroic Warriors

He-Man

Man-At-Arms

Stratos

Teela

w/ Orko pack-in (ala Snarf)

Evil Warriors

Skeletor

Beastman

Mer-Man

Zodac

w/ Screech pack-in

Series 2

Ram-Man

Man-E-Faces

Mekanek

Buzz-off

Evil-Lyn

Faker

Tri-Klops

Trap-Jaw

Special "beast" asst.

"Battle Armor" He-Man w/ Battlecat

"Battle Armor" Skeletor w/ Panthor

Series 3

Fisto

Moss-Man

Roboto

Sy-Klone

Clawful

Webstor

Whiplash

Kobra Khan

-or-

Two-Bad

Stinkor

Spikor

Scare-Glow

Series 4

Prince Adam

Sorceress

King Randor

Queen Marlena

Hordak

Grizzlor

Mantenna

Leech

I would like to see DST go after the valve license:

Portal 1&2

Half-Life 1&2 + episodes 1&2 (and that recently revealed episode 3 concept art)

Left 4 Dead 1&2

Team Fortress 2

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Maybe minimates based on the upcoming video game The Last of Us

Finally, as always, Blade Runner! I don't need them right now, but maybe when that new movie rolls around... DST could make mates for the new movie AND the old movie!

I'm wondering if a property like The Hunger Games could get the Minimates brand some more exposure.

Or 50 Shades of Grey for even more.....exposure!

But seriously, I hope DST stays far away from Hunger Games, Twilight, 50 Shades of Grey, and properties like that.

If they wanted more exposure they should have gone heavily after Harry Potter.

I'm still suprised we haven't seen the granddaddy of all licensed properties:

Planet of the Apes!

The original was the first large scale licensed property, long before Star Wars.

I'm not the biggest fan of the films, but I'd buy the hell outta them! I think the designs would translate extremely well to minimates.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see a complete Street Fighter line. We've had SF2 and SF X tekken but I would like to see complete coverage of all the characters from all games in the series.

The same goes for Tekken as well.

I would also like to see these games thoroughly covered:

Dead or Alive

Soul Calibur

Mortal Kombat

Final Fantasy

And maybe a wave or two from:

Minecraft

Elder Scrolls

Scott Pilgrim vs. the world

Star wars,

The hobbit( I'll have to make a bilbo custom because DSt didnt make him in the LOTR series) ,

NIntendo( MOSTLY ZELDA OoT and MM!) ,

Megaman(One for each series.including legends) ,

Mortal kombat

Medieval mates ( Like nights etc)

Minimate city (Like lego city...Just random normal mates)

Sonic( Probably to awkward)

Bomber man

And many more... But the list goes on .

Hack/Slash

Invincible

Archer (a nice set up at the current custom con)

Danger Girl 4 pack

Savage Dragon

Add Valiant (X-O Manowar, Ninjak, Bloodshot, etc) and the Archie/MLJ Heroes (The Shield, Jaguar, Brain Emperor, etc) to my want list!

I'm still suprised we haven't seen the granddaddy of all licensed properties:

Planet of the Apes!

I've been saying for years that Minimates are the modern-day Mego when it comes to the variety of licensed properties all in one format. We've gotten Marvel, DC, and Star Trek but Planet of the Apes would round out my favorites nicely.

• 3 weeks later...

<!--quoteo(post=22351:date=Dec 16 2006, 09:04 PM:name=bruticus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bruticus @ Dec 16 2006, 09:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=22351"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thinking about it as well, Highlander and WWE would make good future licenses in my opinion. Who wouldn't want a 2.5" "Classics" Undertaker or Hulk Hogan...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You got me Thinking...I would love an Iron Mike Sharpe...that dude used to blow, but he was always one of my favorites to watch. Then I'd like a "Polish Power" Ivan Putski, Rocky Johnson, and a Piper's Pit playset with Snuka getting cracked with a coconut!.....man the good old days, when they were still the WWF

But, speaking of New licenses, gimme GI Joe,with more colorful characters than you can shake a snake at!

I'd also love to see Thundercats, He-Man, Dukes of Hazzard, and some sets like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Harvey Birdman, etc.....

So, I had to do a little digging, but I think I still feel the same way, although roughly 6 yrs later, I'd probably put GI Joe 3rd (which probably has to do more with the fanbase, which as a whole gets a big thumbs down from me these days)

But Thundercats and He-man are at the top still and I don't have to customize one of these anymore, Hooooooo! I think I was the first to mention the thundercats, and then didn't see another mention for awhile ( which bummed me out, as Lion-0 is me favorite hero/character ) not too much love either for the dukes, a-team , or knight rider either back then. I think the vehicle restriction may have had everyone turned off to those suggestions. I had wished for box sets of those iconic 80's vehicles with the mates packed in, I didn't envision the deformed look, but glad they went that way, I think it works better but the delorean could have been done better I think.

Oh well, it was nice to take a look at what was being said, and a lot of old faces that haven't been around for ages now (looking at you JL)

A legends of wrestling would rule anything like that just take my money

• 4 weeks later...

I would buy SO MANY of the 'Mates named here! Especially the Evil Dead ones! Although I'd love some Army of Darkness

'Mates too! Skeleton army!

Anyone else want Bubba Hotep 'Mates?

If i have one vote? Big Trouble in Little China!

Edited by Dreadnok Rocksteady