UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

I'm ready for almost ANYTHING new Movie or TV-wise!!

I'm tired of just video game and Indie-comic mates. I need something epic and far-reaching to fill the hole now that Ghostbusters is gone.

I'm happy to see smaller releases too, don't get me wrong - some properties only need one release or a couple (Knight Rider)

I'd say that Aliens & Predator would be perfect for this. (I'd take Star Wars & Indiana Jones, but I don't see it happening this decade). Lots of other great candidates too (Army Of Darkness!), but just *something* similar to Ghostbusters - with a multiple-wave far-reaching character selection, with lots of new-sculpted pieces based on a licensed property! (I love the new Calico Jack and Zombies, but there's no guessing what's next)

(I would, of course, forgo this entire post in favor of the return of DC minimates though!)

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked the idea of having more Videogame Minimates, they fit perfectly with the scale of the toy, The Halo Ones seem pretty decent.

Some others I'd like to see.

Mortal Kombat. Scorpian, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Goro, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Sonya Blade

Street Fighter (more releases) Ken, Blanka, Balrog, Zangief, Dhalsim, Dan, Fei Long, Sagat, Vega.

Metal Gear Solid Minimates, Raiden, Gurlukovich Soldiers, Solid Snake. etc.

How about a Team America Pack? :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in total agreement with the last few posts, Imagine Judge Dredd in Minimate scale? :biggrin:

:whistling: I'd totally have to get him.

The 2000AD booth was yards away from the DST booth at SDCC2010 & I spent about an hour with the English guys running it . We chatted about SDCC,San Diego & .....er...other attractions that were walking past until I was eventually asked about my main reason for being there, "Minimates" I replied. I walked with the 2000AD Marketing Director to the Minimate presentation & I can say quite categorically that he loved what he saw . In my limited experience of Cons & life in general I can tell the differece between 'polite interest' & '£££$$$$$ enthusiastic interest' from sales people ......I saw the latter from the 2000AD guy. For comparison I'll give you the supercilious condescending cow from Underground Toys who I politely asked about Who Minimates....."Wait & see!" was her haughty .

Since last year was the 20th anniversary of The Rocketeer film, I would love to see a Minimates box set of these characters. We could get a the following:

Cliff Secord

Jenny Blake

Peevy Peabody

Neville Sinclair

with the following exclusives:

Howard Hughes

Eddie Valentine

Lothar

Fitch

I mean who wouldn't want a Jennifer Connelly Minimate!

I always liked the idea of having more Videogame Minimates, they fit perfectly with the scale of the toy, The Halo Ones seem pretty decent.

Some others I'd like to see.

Mortal Kombat. Scorpian, Sub Zero, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Goro, Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Sonya Blade

Street Fighter (more releases) Ken, Blanka, Balrog, Zangief, Dhalsim, Dan, Fei Long, Sagat, Vega.

Metal Gear Solid Minimates, Raiden, Gurlukovich Soldiers, Solid Snake. etc.

How about a Team America Pack? :tongue:

Man, I keep forgetting to get that new Gambit Minimate so I can make a quick custom Solid Snake.

my word, Garrison... you're doing this right. Would love Rocketeer mates, one of my very favourite films. I think that 4-pack is perfect, too.

And they would go great with the Captain America First Avenger mates as well. With the whole WWII theme.

Galaxy Quest.

I loved that movie! These would be great as well!!

QUOTE (bruticus @ Dec 16 2006, 09:04 PM) Thinking about it as well, Highlander and WWE would make good future licenses in my opinion. Who wouldn't want a 2.5" "Classics" Undertaker or Hulk Hogan...

You got me Thinking...I would love an Iron Mike Sharpe...that dude used to blow, but he was always one of my favorites to watch. Then I'd like a "Polish Power" Ivan Putski, Rocky Johnson, and a Piper's Pit playset with Snuka getting cracked with a coconut!.....man the good old days, when they were still the WWF

But, speaking of New licenses, gimme GI Joe,with more colorful characters than you can shake a snake at!

I'd also love to see Thundercats, He-Man, Dukes of Hazzard, and some sets like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Harvey Birdman, etc.....

After a little digging, I found this on page 3 of this thread (back in 2006) I had a laugh at the wrestling thing, I didn't remember that. The rest I pretty much feel the same way about. Out of all the ones I listed, I never would have thought that the first to hit the minimate scene would be Knight Rider.

I'd like to add to that list the rest of the Hannah-Barbera collection of characters (two of which are in my lab, being worked on), Silverhawks,The Phantom and The characters from the Dynamite comics like :The Lone Ranger, The Green Hornet, Zorro, Red Sonja, The Black Terror, The Death Defying Devil, Green Lama, Silver Streak, etc...... This would quench my thirst for DC minimates!

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure I mentioned Mass Effect 2 in the past, but after playing about 3/4 of the way through Mass Effect 3 I'd really love to see 'mates from the game. Since 3 features most of the significant characters from the series you could easily get three waves or more from the license. The first wave could look something like this:

N7 Armor Shepard (Male) / Husk

Garrus / Liara

Vega (Armor) / Kaidan (Armor)

Admiral Hackett / Ashley Williams (Armor)

I wouldn't mind seeing Gears of War figures. Especially after seeing what DST can do with vehicles in the Halo line.

• 3 weeks later...

Astro City. (which stand so far above other capes and cowls genre books it ain't funny)

Was rereading those this past week and kept thinking "These guys would ROCK as minimates."

Astro City. (which stand so far above other capes and cowls genre books it ain't funny)

Was rereading those this past week and kept thinking "These guys would ROCK as minimates."

:thumbsup: four years ago I went for Astro City as well http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=6514&view=findpost&p=60410

I'm just gonna go ahead and beat the dead horse by suggesting Young Justice Minimates.

I'm pretty sure it's a separate property from the rest of the DCU and I read recently that Mattel is cancelling their line, ostensibly because retailers weren't supporting it. (And if you know anything about how Mattel handles action figures, you know the real reasons why the line failed.)

Watchmen is another property that is separate from the DCU. Given the new titles coming out, I'm hoping DST jumps on the property before Mezco beats them to it like they did with Green Lantern. (ALSO a separate license.)

Outside of DC Entertainment, how about Prometheus? That could lead to other fun properties. (Alien, Predator...)