UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could do alternate heads that would be red, Mimicking the Eastman/Laird comics.

The more I think about it, the better an idea this seems. More 80s cartoon properties, DST--get R done.

Cool stuff, demon. TMNT Minimates would be awesome. Sculpted heads and shell and absolute must, though.

Personally though I wouldn't mind if the turtles didn't get the sculpted head (don't lynch me), though the shell is obviously a must.

And stopping to think about it a bit, think about exactly what else we could possibly get from this license:

- 2-inch scaled nunchucks for Michaelangelo! Finally!

- 'mates of Master Splinter, Shredder, and maybe some wacky 80s characters like Bebop and Rocksteady

- the inevitable semi-useless civilian characters: April and Casey(?)

TMNT Would rock. I'm a Mirage fan more than the cartoon so I would want red masks and no belts with the letter on it. Pack em like this:

Ralph/Casey

Leo/Splinter

Mike/April

Don/Foot Ninja (Elite Foot Variant)

Shredder/Fugitoid

Tricerition/Utrom(robot body)

Squeeze in a mouser as a pack in with each set and we have a winner. Too bad Playmates has a strangle hold on the license.

I'll bring up what was started in another thread-Weird Al mates. You could easily do Al from all his different albums/videos:

classic Al

modern Al

UHF Al (with several variations)

Eat It Al

Fat Al

Nirvana Al

Amish Al

Surgeon Al

Devo Al

Bedrock Al

Obi-Wan Al

Yeah, they might not be big sellers, but you know there has to be a market for Al stuff that's just not being tapped into.

Time After Time

Sounds weird, I know, but this way I could get minimates of two of my favorite English actors (Malcolm McDowell & David Warner) & by a 2nd set to make a custom BHM from the parts. :)

(I used to watch this movie a lot with my mom when I was younger -- she used to have a GIANT crush on Malcolm McDowell.)

Or else Time Bandits. We'd (hopefully) for sure get a Sean Connery minimate then. :)

I know the time is long since past for Farscape 'mates and I know they've been mentioned before, but after watching the entire series on DVD again I'd buy the heck out of them. The number of characters and notable variations (I'd love a Scorpius in a Hawaiian shirt) would have been able to provide fuel for multiple waves.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see some box sets of Minimates based on Mark Waid's Irredemable and Incorruptible series. I think you could have Plutonian (Evil), Bette noir, Quibit, and Plutonian (good) and a second boxset could have Max Damage, Jailbait, Gilgamos, and Chybradis.

The Goon would be pretty cool.

HELL YES to that!!!

After buying the Statue of Liberty GB set I thought how cool would it be to have historical figures minimated. Like Abraham Lincoln that comes with the chair resembling the memorial. Then you can do a variant, Log Cabin Abe. You can pretty much do an entire line of just presidents, another of famous generals and military personnel, then the infamous line containing popularized American criminals and outlaws. Hey take it a step further and lets do some world history. The conquerors line, Alex the Great, Atilla, Genghis Khan etc.

I think its a good idea, would definitely get some great mates out of it.

• 1 month later...

I would kill to get the Endless Family of DC / Vertigo in minimate form. :D

I can't even think of plain white minimates to customize into Dream, Death, Despair, Delirium and Desire.

Destiny and Destruction look human.

I would kill to get the Endless Family of DC / Vertigo in minimate form. :D

I can't even think of plain white minimates to customize into Dream, Death, Despair, Delirium and Desire.

Destiny and Destruction look human.

For a plain white minimate I would guess the closest would be one of the free comic book day ones.