UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been tempted for some while to get the DVDs & its about time I did because everything I hear about this old show is good.

You can buy it. I only have the first season released some years ago and I need to buy the new box with both seasons. When I was young only the first one was aired at the french TV so season 2 will be something totaly new for me.

• 2 weeks later...

There are some licenses I would love to see Minimated. They are all licenses that never have been made in toys form and are all from the past.

* Twin Peaks (remember Audrey Horne ...)

* Earth: Final Conflict

I don't know if those have already been discussed so I ask for your apologies if so.

Edited by sylvain

Twin Peaks is one show with civilians that might actually make for some nice Minimates. The Log Lady, FBI Agent "Denese," the giant, the midget, Bob. . .all pretty interesting-looking characters. I do love that show, however, so my opinion is likely a bit biased.

It's probably been mentioned before, but I would like to see Stargate mates. Robocop would look cool as a minimate. And as mentioned, Aliens and Predators. Although the Alien would bring up the debate about standard head cylinder or elaborate head piece.

Bearing in mind when it was aired on the BBC ....I can't figure out how I missed it?

I'm the same I would watch anything Sci-Fi or Fantasy that was on TV but I have very little memory of this series outside knowing that it was on. (Time to hit Lovefilm and see if they have it)

I don't know if this has been said before, But I'd like to see:

A Michael Jackson box set With thriller (Including pieces to go from human to zombie), Beat it, Bad, and Smooth Criminal.

Indiana jones

A set of Warriors from across time. (Ie: Samurai, knight, soldier, navy)

Anime minimates

Celebrities.

Stan Lee (even though that should go into the marvel section))

Stan Lee (even though that should go into the marvel section))

The Stan Lee / Jack Kirby 2 pack, with Lee / Ditko variant...

I love how when i contribute to these Wish Threads, they're always obscure TV Shows or Movies that probably would go unbought by anyone except completionists and die-harders. :lol:

That being said:

That 70's Show

Series One Box Set:

Michael Kelso

Eric Foreman

Donna Pinciotti

Mrs. Kitty Foreman

Series Two Box Set:

Fez

Steven Hyde

Jackie Burkhart

Mr. Red Foreman

PX Two Pack:

Mr. Bob Pinciotti

Mrs. Midge Pinciotti

AFX Two Pack:

Leo

Laurie Foreman

With appropriate accessories that i will not by listing do to the "Family Board??" thread. ;)

I haven't been able to find a dedicated thread for this license, but I started reading the Harry Potter books (for the first time) this summer. I just started Order of the Phoenix yesterday, but by the end of Sorcerer's Stone I couldn't help but think how perfect these books are for the ol' Minimate treatment! Even though there are tons of kids and tons of adults, it wouldn't have to be "LOTR scale" if the kids were older versions, and keeping the 3" size for Hagrid and his ilk.

There may not have been a thread about it, but some of us would indeed like seeing Harry Potter minimates :) I know Trekker 42 has been something of a staunch champion of them for a while now, and I certainly wouldn't mind them. Can you imagine how fun and awesome a Luna Lovegood 'mate would be? The House ghosts of course would be easy to make out of transparent parts, and some sweeping cloaks would indeed be doable on the Minimate scale. And then there's the prospect of all those Hogwarts students in their house-specific uniforms with their little scarves and wands and pets and stuff... Okay, I'm geeking out now :geek::sorcerer: (I've always wanted to use this smiley! :P)

Edited by NorthRaider

There may not have been a thread about it, but some of us would indeed like seeing Harry Potter minimates :) I know Trekker 42 has been something of a staunch champion of them for a while now, and I certainly wouldn't mind them. Can you imagine how fun and awesome a Luna Lovegood 'mate would be? The House ghosts of course would be easy to make out of transparent parts, and some sweeping cloaks would indeed be doable on the Minimate scale. And then there's the prospect of all those Hogwarts students in their house-specific uniforms with their little scarves and wands and pets and stuff... Okay, I'm geeking out now :geek::sorcerer: (I've always wanted to use this smiley! :P)

DUDE! WHAT PART OF "I JUST STARTED ORDER OF THE PHOENIX YESTERDAY" DIDN'T YOU GET?!

:-)

I don't know from Luna Lovegood OR any House of Ghosts!

DUDE! WHAT PART OF "I JUST STARTED ORDER OF THE PHOENIX YESTERDAY" DIDN'T YOU GET?!

:-)

I don't know from Luna Lovegood OR any House of Ghosts!

NR porbably figured you were far enough into the book that you meant Luna. Quite frankly, so did i when i read your post. She's a fun character; you'll enjoy her.

An she never said House OF Ghosts. She said House Ghosts. You know; like Nearly Headless Nick??

Whoops, sorry :ohmy:

Don't worry man, you'll be acquainted with Luna Lovegood soon enough. As for the ghosts I'm only referring to the ones that have traditionally accompanied each Hogwarts house for centuri- Okay, I'm going to stop now. :stick:

Luna, Luna, Luna... Such a lovable character.

And yes, I am the rallying point for those who wish for Harry Potter Minimates, more or less. Welcome aboard the crew!

I'm telling you man, Minimates of the best acheivement in books in my lifetime is more or less one of the greatest ideas ever! Just saying...

Luna, Luna, Luna... Such a lovable character.

And yes, I am the rallying point for those who wish for Harry Potter Minimates, more or less. Welcome aboard the crew!

I'm telling you man, Minimates of the best acheivement in books in my lifetime is more or less one of the greatest ideas ever! Just saying...

I would LOVE Harry Potter minimates. I have been re-reading the books lately and these would be awesome. Trekker count me in.

Whoops, sorry :ohmy:

Don't worry man, you'll be acquainted with Luna Lovegood soon enough. As for the ghosts I'm only referring to the ones that have traditionally accompanied each Hogwarts house for centuri- Okay, I'm going to stop now. :stick:

No worries - when I saw Luna's name I started skimming and the House Ghost reference was not fully read.

Yeah - they could make a mint off HP Minimates.

The most popular fantasy story of all time (that isn't sci-fi) is probably Lord of the Rings, and those Minimates apparently weren't that popular. Certainly, they haven't maintained any collector interest. I'm not sure why Harry Potter would be any different, unless you figure young kids would be more inclined to buy them. . .which they might be, as I think of it :ermm:

Edited by karamazov80

I sometimes feel that LOR Minimates are the ones to perhaps horde for my pension because they are relatively (I love that word) rare on ebay ,rarely talked about here ,scarcely horse-whipped & I just don't like them. Potter ,for me at least, isn't a priority Minimate option either although a simple box-set wouldn't go amiss.